BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #45
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
So you have to have the ESS tune to get the 40+ HP. You guys know damn well everyone uses JB's and PROcedes. What gains do you get on a STOCK 135i? That's what you should be testing since that's what you're marketing. We want stock numbers or at least with a POPULAR tune.
Who wants to come dyno their car? Why the hell would I test it on a car that I cant even dyno multiple times without going into limp mode? Either way, I will/am looking for a stock 135 to do some dyno tests on. If youre local and want to volunteer, we can work something out. The car has to be STOCK though. NO hot air intake, no piggy back, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #46
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
+1 that was what I was trying to get at. If you can reproduce around the same numbers this way you will sell alot of these. Running a custom tune for that exhaust and showing those dyno numbers is misleading. Either do a stock run for run or one of the popular tunes jb3/procede.
The tune was NOT done for the exhaust. That is why you see the power dip on the top end. Like I said, a heavy discount will be given for a stock car to volunteer for testing. Id like to see what it does also. The dyno session is also free so why not? The tune I have is the standard ESS reflash.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #47
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
The tune was NOT done for the exhaust. That is why you see the power dip on the top end. Like I said, a heavy discount will be given for a stock car to volunteer for testing. Id like to see what it does also. The dyno session is also free so why not? The tune I have is the standard ESS reflash.
I would be there in a heartbeat but I am sadly across country
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #48
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
And I'm running the Jb3 I live 3 hrs from there. I would deff have gone. Plus, I doubt the RPI bolts up the same way my bastuck quad does.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #49
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Actually, I think the exhaust would bolt up. But then I would have to de-pin my JB3. If this drags on long enough for me to buy the PnP harness, I may come down. It would be nice to run your ESS\RPI set-up against my run-o-the-mill JB3.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #50
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Or theres the season finale of Midnight Mayhem here @ Las Vegas motor Speedway. Dec. 4th

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #51
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Why the hell would I test it on a car that I cant even dyno multiple times without going into limp mode?
Why the hell would you dyno a car with a tune that NOBODY has?

Come on, were aren't trying to argue or say you don't know what your talking about, but you posted a VERY big claim on an internet forum, you should expect no less than to have to explain yourself and prove it to the masses.

After the amount of bogus products that came thru this site, we all want hard proof. Sorry if that is aggravating you. If this site is too much for you, then make the product, advertise the gains, and sell it without using a media like a forum thread. My .02.

I hope that you are correct and we get big gains out of this system, but like the rest, I'm not holding my breath until I see a dyno run on a car we can relate too.

If you think you got it bad, take a look at the BRRacing intake thread. they are going through the same gauntlet.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #52
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
So you have to have the ESS tune to get the 40+ HP. You guys know damn well everyone uses JB's and PROcedes. What gains do you get on a STOCK 135i? That's what you should be testing since that's what you're marketing. We want stock numbers or at least with a POPULAR tune.
The problem Eloy has with the POPULAR tune is every time he dyno's cars with piggybacks in his shop with each run made they lose power and end up going into limp mode. Eloy likes to run his dyno sessions 4-5 runs at a time with little to no cool down between with the hood closed. He has found with real world testing that tuning the actual DME is the correct way to make power on his cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #53
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Actually, I think the exhaust would bolt up. But then I would have to de-pin my JB3. If this drags on long enough for me to buy the PnP harness, I may come down. It would be nice to run your ESS\RPI set-up against my run-o-the-mill JB3.
You should let Eloy dyno your JB3 the way he dyno tests all his cars it would be interesting to see the results
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #54
bankerkys
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

I would definitely like to see this exhaust installed on someone's car with before and after Dynos. I do it if I were in Cali.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #55
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
You should let Eloy dyno your JB3 the way he dyno tests all his cars it would be interesting to see the results
I can be there by 4pm

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The problem Eloy has with the POPULAR tune is every time he dyno's cars with piggybacks in his shop with each run made they lose power and end up going into limp mode. Eloy likes to run his dyno sessions 4-5 runs at a time with little to no cool down between with the hood closed. He has found with real world testing that tuning the actual DME is the correct way to make power on his cars.
It's called boost decay, and it is a safetey feature. Obviously, your tune doesn't have this? I feel comfortable knowing that my tune "turns itself down" when it should. I have used this tune many times around Nurburgring, the greatest test of any car mod, and it performed great. We want a decent tune that makes good power for a great price. We also want dealer invisibility, ease of installation, and great customer support. We all get that with these tunes, thats why they are the top sellers. We have chosen our tune for now, you wont change that. But you guys clearly just stated that there is no use for this exhaust with the more popular tunes. I think that is very truthful until you prove otherwise and should market it that way.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #57
LostMarine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

Quote:
i don't understand why it has to be the 4-5-15th dyno pull... put their car on, whats it got? put a jb/proc on, what does it have? and everyone can see...

my .02 is that the dyno is so inflated, that they purposely let off the gas slowly because following through with the pull would show a 600hp pull, or something along those lines..

(ill go back to my forum now, )
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #58
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It's called boost decay, and it is a safetey feature. Obviously, your tune doesn't have this? I feel comfortable knowing that my tune "turns itself down" when it should. I have used this tune many times around Nurburgring, the greatest test of any car mod, and it performed great. We want a decent tune that makes good power for a great price. We also want dealer invisibility, ease of installation, and great customer support. We all get that with these tunes, thats why they are the top sellers. We have chosen our tune for now, you wont change that. But you guys clearly just stated that there is no use for this exhaust with the more popular tunes. I think that is very truthful until you prove otherwise and should market it that way.
What causes boost decay? Do you know? Why can you run a stock car over and over and over and over with no issues? This is not to say that the JB and other piggybacks dont make power. IMHO, its just not the "right way" to do it. It sells more than anything else because of its low cost. Making a device to alter signals going to the DME is far less costly than going into the DME, figuring our the codes and working out the maps. There are only a few people/companies in the world that can do that. The exhaust will make power whether the car has stock tune, jb, procede, etc. The question we are trying to figure out now is how much power it will make on a stock car. The reason I dont want to test it on a piggyback car is because the power is too inconsistent. The way I test the cars on the dyno for parts is that I run the cars a LOT. How do you know a loss or gain in power is due to heat soak or cool down? How do you know if your 5hp gain isnt because you let the car cool 5 minutes? You have to run the cars several times until it stops gaining or stops losing power. In the case of the piggybacks, it simply wont happen because the cars go into limp mode after a few back to back runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
i don't understand why it has to be the 4-5-15th dyno pull... put their car on, whats it got? put a jb/proc on, what does it have? and everyone can see...

my .02 is that the dyno is so inflated, that they purposely let off the gas slowly because following through with the pull would show a 600hp pull, or something along those lines..

(ill go back to my forum now, )
Please see above.

Ive already stated (Im going to put this in bold because some of you keep asking/talking about the same thing I have already addressed.):

1. We are looking for a STOCK car to test this on. If you have a STOCk car, call us for a free dyno test. Dont call and say, I have a stock car but I have this intake or this piggyback, etc.

2. Dyno: The above way is how we test products. Is it realistic? Some say yes and some say now, but whatever the opinion is, I rather underate the power than overate it the way many people do. If anyone wants to see my car run 20 straight times, stop talking or typing and come over. Its been over 3 weeks since I have called some of you out but no one has shown up. Im getting ready to take the prototype off and build the jigs so time is an issue.

Dont ask about the piggybacks again. No one says they dont make power. Its just not consistent enough for me to run tests on products with.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #59
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Ive already stated (Im going to put this in bold because some of you keep asking/talking about the same thing I have already addressed.):

1. We are looking for a STOCK car to test this on. If you have a STOCk car, call us for a free dyno test. Dont call and say, I have a stock car but I have this intake or this piggyback, etc.

2. Dyno: The above way is how we test products. Is it realistic? Some say yes and some say now, but whatever the opinion is, I rather underate the power than overate it the way many people do. If anyone wants to see my car run 20 straight times, stop talking or typing and come over. Its been over 3 weeks since I have called some of you out but no one has shown up. Im getting ready to take the prototype off and build the jigs so time is an issue.

Dont ask about the piggybacks again. No one says they dont make power. Its just not consistent enough for me to run tests on products with.
Just get the the dynos up that show a stock car and then that same stock car with your exhaust.

Watching you do 20 straight runs on your car doesn't prove a single thing.
      12-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #60
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
Just get the the dynos up that show a stock car and then that same stock car with your exhaust.

Watching you do 20 straight runs on your car doesn't prove a single thing.
Ive been trying to find a stock car to test it on. It has to run 15-20 times otherwise, how can you get an accurate number?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #61
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What causes boost decay? Do you know? Why can you run a stock car over and over and over and over with no issues? This is not to say that the JB and other piggybacks dont make power. IMHO, its just not the "right way" to do it. It sells more than anything else because of its low cost. Making a device to alter signals going to the DME is far less costly than going into the DME, figuring our the codes and working out the maps. There are only a few people/companies in the world that can do that. The exhaust will make power whether the car has stock tune, jb, procede, etc. The question we are trying to figure out now is how much power it will make on a stock car. The reason I dont want to test it on a piggyback car is because the power is too inconsistent. The way I test the cars on the dyno for parts is that I run the cars a LOT. How do you know a loss or gain in power is due to heat soak or cool down? How do you know if your 5hp gain isnt because you let the car cool 5 minutes? You have to run the cars several times until it stops gaining or stops losing power. In the case of the piggybacks, it simply wont happen because the cars go into limp mode after a few back to back runs.

Boost decay happens when IAT's go up high enough to warant a decrease in boost. It doesn't happen on stock vehicles probrably because they are underated from the get go. For whatever reason, I'm glad it does it. Better to be safe than sorry. What road experience do you have? What demanding scenarios have you subjected your car to? 15-20 back to back dyno runs? I would slap the living shit outta you if you tried to dyno even my STOCK car 15-20 times back to back. I've run the JB3 ON THE NURBURGRING PLENTY OF TIMES. Now, that trumps whatever little research you think your doing. No amount of dyno tests are gonna equal a flawless performance around the greatest test track in the world.

And you can easily see why a part is or isn't making power, it's called diagnostics! Datalog much? Come on man........

And don't come in here claiming 40+ horsepower WITH A TUNE and THEN say you only want to dyno a stock car. x2

If the ESS tune was so great, you would be able to switch back to stock YOURSELF whenever you wanted to. Not just when you go in for service and BMW WIPES your tune lol.

I'm done with this thread. Have fun with your magic exhaust.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #62
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Boost decay happens when IAT's go up high enough to warant a decrease in boost. It doesn't happen on stock vehicles probrably because they are underated from the get go. For whatever reason, I'm glad it does it. Better to be safe than sorry. What road experience do you have? What demanding scenarios have you subjected your car to? 15-20 back to back dyno runs? I would slap the living shit outta you if you tried to dyno even my STOCK car 15-20 times back to back. I've run the JB3 ON THE NURBURGRING PLENTY OF TIMES. Now, that trumps whatever little research you think your doing. No amount of dyno tests are gonna equal a flawless performance around the greatest test track in the world.

And you can easily see why a part is or isn't making power, it's called diagnostics! Datalog much? Come on man........

And don't come in here claiming 40+ horsepower WITH A TUNE and THEN say you only want to dyno a stock car. x2

If the ESS tune was so great, you would be able to switch back to stock YOURSELF whenever you wanted to. Not just when you go in for service and BMW WIPES your tune lol.

I'm done with this thread. Have fun with your magic exhaust.
I track at streets of willow, willow springs, spring mountain, etc. Why are your IATs going up so much? Boost not on par wth the AFR? We datalog the cars at the track with different software like AE, HPS, etc. We see similar things on the dyno. Coming on here and saying you will slap me for dynoing your car 10-15 times is pretty funny. If your car cant handle that then its NOT tuned right. It would be more beneficial for you to leave this thread as you are not bringing any type of relevant info to this thread other than talk trash.

BTW, please come visit when you are in town.

7029 Marcelle Street
Paramount, CA 90723
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #63
hotpants
Private
Rep
Drives: MB 135i

Quote:
Boost decay happens when IAT's go up high enough to warant a decrease in boost. ...
i think u meant EGT and not IAT boost is usually tapered down off top to help reduce excessive EGTs.

u would also want to dyno the car 15-20 times to get the PCM/ECU/DME (whatever u wanna call it) to relearn the car in its current configuration and it will give you real numbers as RPI stated. personally i wouldnt spend over 1500 installed for a turbo back system. 3k is just way too rich for my blood. good luck on the tests!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #64
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

I was trying to get deamon over here tomorrow to see if we can do some dyno tests. If anyone can make it here tomorrow, please call me before 5pst at 562-630-5966. You MUST have a stock intake. If you have a JB or something, you can just disable it when we do the dyno runs.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #65
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

Ok so has anyone taken u up on your offers to prove your system? I'd really like to know what the verdict is....
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #66
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Has anyone went to at least take a drive in this. I would put this on my car in a heart beat to dyno test it if I was anywhere near them. Would be interesting to see what these do with catless downpipes
Appreciate 0