BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
135iDCT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I

Question Transmission Fluid...

The dealer didn't change the transmission fluid(6AT) since i bought the car from 2009 my car about 50.000 miles,today the service adviser told me no need to change it's a lifetime , also he told me they only change the fluids for the M/// cars only, also the differential fluid.. I didn't except this stupid term from BMW.

I feel something wrong in the gearbox but i don't know what, my car tuned since 30.000 miles. (jb4 only use map2 no meth no race fuel) the torque not too high.

He told me if there's a clutch slip they will change the whole gearbox and bring a new one.

My questions are...

some people say u shouldn't empty all the old fluid from the GB or it will get damaged

how should i drive the car after the new fluid? some say don't do WOT for about 2000 miles

after how many miles should i change the diff fluid, should i empty it all or just add on the old one

what's the best types of fluids for trans and diff??

I know too much questions, but what should i do i want to learn from ur experiences...

thanx...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iDCT View Post
The dealer didn't change the transmission fluid(6AT) since i bought the car from 2009 my car about 50.000 miles,today the service adviser told me no need to change it's a lifetime , also he told me they only change the fluids for the M/// cars only, also the differential fluid.. I didn't except this stupid term from BMW.

I feel something wrong in the gearbox but i don't know what, my car tuned since 30.000 miles. (jb4 only use map2 no meth no race fuel) the torque not too high.

He told me if there's a clutch slip they will change the whole gearbox and bring a new one.

My questions are...

some people say u shouldn't empty all the old fluid from the GB or it will get damaged

how should i drive the car after the new fluid? some say don't do WOT for about 2000 miles

after how many miles should i change the diff fluid, should i empty it all or just add on the old one

I know too much questions, but what should i do i want to learn from ur experiences...

thanx...
there are a lot of threads on this BMW doesn't change gearbox or diff oils according to them what they use is Lifetime, so the dealer has nothing to do with this its just BMW instructions.
      12-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iDCT View Post

My questions are...

thanx...
there are a lot of threads on this BMW doesn't change gearbox or diff oils according to them what they use is Lifetime, so the dealer has nothing to do with this its just BMW instructions.
They changed the service interval to lifetime when they changed the included service plan. Before that, there was a fluid flush called out in the suggested service plan.
      12-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
They changed the service interval to lifetime when they changed the included service plan. Before that, there was a fluid flush called out in the suggested service plan.
You got to remember, BMW didn't have a service plan world wide. When they did the change it was for environmental reasons, as less oil/fluid changes means eco friendly cars.
      12-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You should read this DIY page...

DIY automatic transmission oil change
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617182

While BMW says the fluids are lifetime, the people whop actually MAKE the trans(ZF) say to change it! every ~45K miles, I believe.

This place has everything you need to service any ZF trans....

http://www.thectsc.com/index.php?p=c...parent=58&pg=1
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
Warriortogo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iDCT

My questions are...

thanx...
I changed two time already. First time, change oil only in 30000 km. and second time change oil and filter in 80000km.