BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Exciting - How often do you find your car is getting checked out .. lol

It seems like pretty much every day, I go somewhere or the car is sitting at work and I come out to find someone driving around it checking out the car or stopping to take pictures .. Had a couple of guys in a 330i while I was driving that would slowly drive around my car and then take pictures .. stopped to talk and they were looking at getting one as well and hadn't seen any yet ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
pinksnyper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

sigh.... for now I am that guy checking out your car :iono:
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Rearro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135I

I was on my way to Costco for gas and a guy in a 330 coupe was coming around the corner and when he saw my car he stomped on the breaks and just stared. Then when I was pumping gas I had the attendant walking around the car asking questions then another guy came over and said " that's the One series right "
and that same day a 530 pulled up to me at a stop light and started asking questions, he asked me how It compared to the 335i and so on... He told me he was on the waiting list but took himself off. He looked at me kinda sad after I took off!

Yes definitely lots of lookers!!

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
N54me
Private
Rep
Drives:

I was test driving a Black 135 last week, and was surprised at how few looks it got. The only one I noticed was while I was sitting and waiting to turn left, a guy on a crotch rocket was staring and nodded when I noticed him passing by.

The one I drove has been the only one I've seen in person, but I can garuntee I'll be doing plenty of staring when I start seeing them on the street.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
ruffstik
Pirate
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 G87 - on the list

Garage List
2008 135i  [9.50]
Yeah....it was happening to me all weekend! Picked up my 135i on Saturday and 3 thumbs up by various people. I hope no one gets in an accident straining their necks as I drive by!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
ersatzS2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

I drove it to an SCCA orientation meeting for the new Thunderbolt raceway in South Jersey. Lotsa great rides, Ferraris, Elises, a vintage Jag 3.4 Salon in full rally livery. But the 1 got a steady stream of admirers.
      03-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I got stopped in a roadblock yesterday, as I have still not fitted my licence plates. I have the temporary licence fitted, but it is lying flat on the rear shelf. The cop asked me why the licence was not displayed. Luckily I could spin her a story about my tint having just been fitted and not wanting to mess it up - I got off :wink:

She then asked for my drivers licence to go see if I had any outstanding tickets (none YET!!! ) and while she was away, the road block seemed to come to a complete halt as suddenly there I was, surrounded by about 20 traffic officers, all asking about the car - "How many kw's", "How fast have you been" etc. On the second question I gave the PC answer - "always within the limits officers, as I'm still breaking it in" (Yeah right :wink It is not good news that our traffic officers already recognise the 135i . This is one kind of attention I can really do without.

So I guess I will need to fit my licence plates one of these fine days, but I'm waiting until the temporary licence expires first
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
imported_sbw
Ultimate Driver
Rep
Drives:

My car gets looks every day. People seem to love the red on a Bimmer. I guess there are not many around. Even the techs at the dealership couldn't stop drooling when my car first came in, as they rarely prep a red Bimmer.

Often when I'm in a store or restaurant, people come up to me and start conversations about the gorgeous red Bimmer out front.

Also, people love the 18-inch alloys. Lots of compliments on them!

Autobahn Report — BMW News, Road Tests, Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I've had a lot of stops and stares from 3 series owners. Yesterday, I was parked in front of an Asian restaurant for lunch (Sang Kee Asian Bistro in Wynwood, PA) and saw several people coming up to it and checking it out.

The thing I really like about this car though, is it really flies under the radar. Most people have no clue.
Appreciate 0