BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
horsie
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mk VII Golf R

Space Grey 135i/Coral Red/M-sport/6MT

One test drive last fall was all it took. '05 911S and '07 5-series wagon had to go. Been lurking on this forum every day. Just took delivery this Friday April 3.

This is the best car I've ever owned. What surprises me the most is the engine and exhaust note, very nice. Steering, shifting, ride and handling are all top-notch. I'm not too keen on the shift knob though, the top is flat, creating edges that are not a smooth, round, pleasing grip. Minor gripe. No hint of notchiness on the 1-2 shift.

I had to use a hack saw to trim my children's booster seats to fit the rear seats though, since the rear seats are a bit narrow for the boosters.

All in all, a very impressive package. Sporty, yet comfortable and luxurious. Nimble, quick, yet relatively fuel efficient. Compact yet practical.

Clutch take-up is really smooth, gear shifts are slick. Don't think I'll need the SSK, or the Performance Exhaust.

Clear bra to be installed soon, contemplating tinting.

All I can say is WOW!

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
JeepPunk
Rep
Drives:

Great choice... have the same setup here in Arizona
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep