BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Dealer Allocations (Canada)

So I got a got a call yesterday from my dealer, saying that he need to know what options/packages I'm interested in, so that he can put my order in the system, and reserve an allocation(build in Mar, delivery in April).

So I asked if I would be getting a production number or anything yet, and he said, that it was just to reserve the spot...well then why does he need to know what packages I want?...:iono:
He said I can still change things up until it actually goes into production, so I guess it's not a big deal, I just want to know the pricing before I actually order it, and I also don't want to lose my allocation spot...

Since some you US guys already have production numbers and such, did you have do something similar before hand?

Anyone else in Canada getting the same kind of call?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
sc135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 sgm/taupe 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
So I got a got a call yesterday from my dealer, saying that he need to know what options/packages I'm interested in, so that he can put my order in the system, and reserve an allocation(build in Mar, delivery in April).

So I asked if I would be getting a production number or anything yet, and he said, that it was just to reserve the spot...well then why does he need to know what packages I want?...:iono:
He said I can still change things up until it actually goes into production, so I guess it's not a big deal, I just want to know the pricing before I actually order it, and I also don't want to lose my allocation spot...

Since some you US guys already have production numbers and such, did you have do something similar before hand?

Anyone else in Canada getting the same kind of call?
This is very similar to the process I went through in the States. My understanding is that you can change features until just before it is scheduled for actual production. . . so it doesn't sound like you are being led astray. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc135i View Post
This is very similar to the process I went through in the States. My understanding is that you can change features until just before it is scheduled for actual production. . . so it doesn't sound like you are being led astray. :thumbup:
Ahh, ok...it just put me off because, some the things he was saying didn't make sense to me.

EIther way, I'm probably going to go see on Saturday so that I can have a look at a Montego Blue 328i, as well as the double check the sport seats, try to see the trims, to try and get a better a picture in my head of what I want...pictures don't always do things justice...and maybe I can squeeze another test drive in a 3-series out of him :wink:
Appreciate 0