BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
JimBilly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: waiting for the 1M

Deposit in 2010 but still no allocation

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. Did anyone else submit their deposit so long ago and still not have an allocation?

I put down my deposit in October 2010 at BMW of Austin and was #5 on their list. A couple of months later one of the forum members dropped off the BMW of Austin list and I confirmed with the dealership that I had moved up to #4.

I then read a post by BIGLARE that he called BMW of Austin about a 1M and they told him that the #1 slot had just dropped off their list. BIGLARE stated that the dealership told him that they tried to contact the others on the list but could not get in touch with them. I know they did not call me
I have no hard feelings to BIGLARE but I really wish they called me. BIGLARE stated that he purchased several M3's from the dealership in the past.

BMW of Austin has received 3 allocations and they tell me I am next on the list. My CA tells me he is still confident that I will get one.

I watched on the forum as people found allocations in the spring time, months after I paid my deposit. But I wanted to be loyal to my local dealer and since my CA reassured me that I would get one, I stuck it out.

Well, I'm still hoping and I guess I'll know for sure soon, since production will end soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBilly View Post
I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. Did anyone else submit their deposit so long ago and still not have an allocation?

I put down my deposit in October 2010 at BMW of Austin and was #5 on their list. A couple of months later one of the forum members dropped off the BMW of Austin list and I confirmed with the dealership that I had moved up to #4.

I then read a post by BIGLARE that he called BMW of Austin about a 1M and they told him that the #1 slot had just dropped off their list. BIGLARE stated that the dealership told him that they tried to contact the others on the list but could not get in touch with them. I know they did not call me
I have no hard feelings to BIGLARE but I really wish they called me. BIGLARE stated that he purchased several M3's from the dealership in the past.

BMW of Austin has received 3 allocations and they tell me I am next on the list. My CA tells me he is still confident that I will get one.

I watched on the forum as people found allocations in the spring time, months after I paid my deposit. But I wanted to be loyal to my local dealer and since my CA reassured me that I would get one, I stuck it out.

Well, I'm still hoping and I guess I'll know for sure soon, since production will end soon.
I tried and tried and tried all over the country to get one and put deposits in Florida and nothing came of it. In the end I ended up having to pay over MSRP BUT it was with my dealer! They were the only ones that in the end, I had a relationship with and eventually let me have ED which was a a must-have for me. No other dealer would do it because to them I was just another guy wanting a 1M, so if you have a relationship with Austin, try to find another one but don't blow this one. There will be cars down the road, don't give up your spot.

Good luck.

My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:

My deposit went in Oct 2010 #1 on list and my allocation is not until Oct 2011. I asked the GM if he put my deposit in a good money market account for the year so could get some interest, he smiled and said your interest is getting the car for msrp.!!! Shut me up quick! Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

I placed a deposit in November 2010. My dealer has been told they are only getting one 1M. Luckily my early deposit put me first so the car will be mine, but the allocation is for sometime in September.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Deposit July 2010 (#1 at dealer). No allocation as of yet. Expecting October or later allocation.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
Deposit July 2010 (#1 at dealer). No allocation as of yet. Expecting October or later allocation.
Oh man! You have the patience of a monk! A full year. Id be going batshit.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
mojo_78613
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M Coupe

PM sent.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
T1T2GRE
CW2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1SMC - traded away

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.33]
I put mine in way long time ago w/2 dealers. #1 at both. I *just* got called yesterday for my slot at the one dealer.
Appreciate 0