BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Aaronz1er
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Nissan 350Z

Incentive programs

Hi all,

First post here and pretty new to the BMW world. I've been perusing these forums for quite some time, though, so I've got a pretty good idea of the general state of things as far as pricing goes. There's a ton of good info here and thanks to everyone for the contributions.

My question is pretty basic... I've heard about all of these incentives that have happened in the past like Mission to Drive, etc. where you can basically negotiate your deal and then present your incentive to get even more off (in some cases something like $1000). These deals sound great.

My question is: Are these incentives offered often, or is it just a once or twice a year thing typically? Or maybe it follows no pattern at all? I'm looking to potentially order a 2012 135i convertible that I'd like to have in the April timeframe, and I'm wondering if there might be something available before then.

Additionally, if I were to negotiate a deal and put down a deposit and order a car and then one of these incentives came about after I negotiated my price, would I then be able to take advantage of that incentive when I took delivery of the car and paid the remainder of the balance on the sale?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I searched around quite a bit and wasn't able to really find the answers to these. Thanks in advance for any help here!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
ejm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135 Convertible 6MT

I can tell you that as of last week there were no incentives. The last one ended 1/1/12.
I also am curious if I should hold out for one or if they are relatively infrequent.
I would think if you haven't taken delivery of the car you should be able to take advantage of the incentive, but I'm not sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
MPowerF1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i DCT

I don't strictly recall what the incentive was on the convertible but I can say that the incentive on the last program was $500 for the 135i coupe. Truth be told, it just doesn't end up mattering that much since you get can get a great deal on the 1er without the incentive. Programs aren't that frequent (twice a year, IIRC) but again, with deals being easy to come by on the 1er I wouldn't worry too much about not missing out on an incentive program.

Also, once you order your car, the deal (including purchase price, interest rates, etc.) are locked into the computer. That said, if a better deal comes along you can still capture that new deal if you so choose. But ordering the car lets you lock-in whatever the deal is today.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

No Incentives right now, March will be the soonest you'll see anything new.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/1-series/...ncentives.html
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
BucksCty135i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 LeMans Blue 135i M Sport

When ordering the car, BMWFS will lock in the current incentives, if any, for 8 weeks. If a better incentive comes along during that period, you will get the better deal. If your delivery is going to take more than 8 weeks, your SA can just resubmit your application near the end of the incentive period which will re-set your 8 week incentive window.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Aaronz1er
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Nissan 350Z

Thanks a lot guys, these replies have helped me a lot.

It sounds like I'd be able to negotiate my price as soon as I wanted, and then if one of these incentives popped up before I took delivery of my car, I'd be able to apply it to the order and get the best possible incentive before delivery.

Thanks again--very helpful!
Appreciate 0