BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Cool Stitcher is coming to BMW Apps!

This is awesome. It looks like BMW App pace is picking up.

If you haven't used it, it's worth a download and look. It rocks on iOS. Don't know about Android.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/12/b...deo/#continued
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

Cool!

I hope BMW plan to release better connected apps. The connected drive app should run in the background and not need to be manually started every time etc.

I still have major issues with apps and the media adapter in my car. They changed the media hub or what its called in the trunk. No improvements so its going in again on Thursday this week... I can connect with BT and everything that should work over BT do work. But the media adapter and apps don't work. It don't even load the battery when connecting so its something major. Very annoying in a brand new car...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
Cool!

I hope BMW plan to release better connected apps. The connected drive app should run in the background and not need to be manually started every time etc.
Exactly..my biggest pet peeve is having to start app every time and as soon as you flip to another app it looses connection.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
Cool!

I still have major issues with apps and the media adapter in my car. They changed the media hub or what its called in the trunk. No improvements so its going in again on Thursday this week... I can connect with BT and everything that should work over BT do work. But the media adapter and apps don't work. It don't even load the battery when connecting so its something major. Very annoying in a brand new car...
I had this same issue after swapping out my media adapter between my two cars. Upon re-installing it in my X6 it was basically dead. I had to "unsnap" it a couple times and snap it back in before it started working. I now have two of these adapters - one for my X6 and one for the 1M. It certainly sounds like yours is not connecting correctly. If the battery indicator does not immediately light up on the iPhone then int is not installed correctly or is a bad part (have them grab you a new one off the shelf). Unless you have a 3GS, in which case I will sell you my old one
Appreciate 0