BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #23
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Some guy on this board brought this exact 1M, don't ever remember them taking it back from him and giving him a new one. In addition, that 84k sticker price was the original price they had put on the car until the first owner got it down to just a tad over MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
You guys amaze me...Are you not seeing the big picture here? Let's say that video was posted by one of you, in your car. You really think it's a great thing to have a little video you posted result in reckless driving charge?

This whole incident was overblown, and the guys lost their jobs over it. Gloating over this is just stupid, and I can imagine the outrage if it was one of your videos in your car.
+1/2

If you are stupid enough to drive like an ass, at least be smart enough not to post videos of yourself on-line.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

I understand the frustration... BUT WTF.. why is everyone so surprised.. 99% of the dealer one or 2 dumb fawk will do this no matter what..without getting noticed. unfortunately these 2 dumb fawk got caught.... i agree THESE 2 FAWKERS NEED TO GET WHAT THEY DESERVE FOR ALL I KNOW THEY PROBABLY FAWKED WITH MY CAR... yes i get my car service at that dealer. sucks to say... but with 55k miles on my car with no issue oh well life goes on...
      11-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #26
MyCorvette
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 750i

I joyride every car I rented from car rental companies, because I have paid for it.

But I will not this to cars that I do not own and not pay to drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #27
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
i cant believe some of you....when you buy a new car that is limited production and overpriced up the butt call me and ill come drive it FIRST and then hand the keys over to you. it doesnt matter if it's beaten to death right off the lot, but it should be done so by the person who PAID for it. that person worked for the money so they get to do w/e the f*&k they want with it. bottom line is that those guys did something wrong and they had to pay for it. they got fair punishment: losing their jobs and a ticket for how they were driving. i think its good something like this happened so that other dealers will start to shape up.

and for anyone wondering yes the pacific bmw 1m is back up for sale. when i saw it on autotrader i thought it was a mistake because this is what the description said : " BREAKING NEWS!!! CELEBRITY ACTION AT PACIFIC BMW! THE WORLD FAMOUS 1M COUPE IS BACK IN TOWN AS SEEN ON YOUTUBE!! PERSONAL INTERVIEWS WITH THE CELEBRITY ARE AVAILABLE JUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF OUR ADVISORS. WE ENCOURAGE THE USE OF CELL PHONES AND CAMERAS!" im sorry but i will never do business with any dealership that "promotes" like that. pacific bmw should just shut down.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #28
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Valencia Orange

You guys who think this was a "joyride" need to go to the Ferrari factory in Maranello and spend some time watching new Ferrari's being tested on the Fiorano track. Ferrari doesn't have a problem driving cars straight off the production floor like this, and I'm sure it didn't do a damn thing to that 1M.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
+1/2

If you are stupid enough to drive like an ass, at least be smart enough not to post videos of yourself on-line.

There's not a single time I push that starter button that I don't do something that could get me slapped with a reckless driving ticket. It doesn't mean I've done anything dangerous or stupid, but more than enough to raise the interest of a cop. If you've ever found the redline you've done it.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Ok, what are talking about? The car or the drivers? The car is most likely fine, but the drivers deserve the sentence(s). Just because it happens everywhere else doesn't make it right. Imagine if that car was yours or to further the point, imagine if that car was your girlfriend/wife/fianceé... And someone just took her out for a joyride. It's not fine when it's your car. Period.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #31
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerlover76 View Post
Ok, what are talking about? The car or the drivers? The car is most likely fine, but the drivers deserve the sentence(s). Just because it happens everywhere else doesn't make it right. Imagine if that car was yours or to further the point, imagine if that car was your girlfriend/wife/fianceé... And someone just took her out for a joyride. It's not fine when it's your car. Period.
If I'm correct, the car belonged to the dealer. When you buy the car, it's your car. Until you buy the car, it's their car.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #32
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Based on the video of the joy ride and as someone with an extensive automotive engineering background I would say that the joy ride actually helped break the car in properly, and in no way would be deterimental to the car.

The whole public reaction to this I think really shows just how little people know about their cars and how much of their reactions are based on paranoid uninformed assumptions.

While I potentially agree with the wreckless driving charge depending on how fast they were going, I think everything else is totally ridiculous.
+1000

I am in the car business and work for several dealerships. If you guys think this joy ride was bad, you need to wake up. Sounds like someone is trying to make an example of these guys and I actually think its unfair. So what. It was a 1M? What if it was a 30k mile trade in, preowned M3. Would it be ok then? What do you guys think happens to CPO cars. You dont even want to know. I feel bad for these guys. Losing their job is one thing, but a misdemeanor ? Better hope those attorneys dont come on this forum and see all the youtube street racing videos of owners lol.

Yes I am aware this car is new, but its just another car. Not my fault someone paid over sticker. There wasn't a sign in the window that said "this car has never been beat on" lmao. So what you think a reasonable new car condition should be, is subject to your own opinion. Such as the price of that car was subject to the dealers opinion of worth Marked up.
      11-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #33
rmani
Buys too many toys...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 Ferrari 360

no surprise this happened as others have already said. Frankly I didn't see anything nearly as bad as I've heard about. This isn't that big of a deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
If I'm correct, the car belonged to the dealer. When you buy the car, it's your car. Until you buy the car, it's their car.
Exactly. There was no where you signed that said "new car, never driven" Thats why there is obviously a a mileage indicator

The new GT-R's come with at least 35 miles on them brand new. Why you might ask? Because Nissan beats the shit out of them at their track for several minutes to make sure everything is functioning fine.
      11-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #35
BMW BRAD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M, F31 328d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
throw the book at them!

Once the book rebounds off their face, charge them with the vehicles depreciation based on being tortured in the early km's of life.
      11-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #36
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

I don't think the point is that there will be mechanical issues with the car... personally, the car will be JUST fine... I think what everyone is ranting about is well, let me try to it it into another perspective...

say you are a Saudi prince (no offense to any oil tycoons on the forums) and you've just bid and overpaid at a higher than MSRP for (1) virgin girl (of legal age of course) and upon delivery of said virgin, you go to find that she's already been taken for a spin... a joyride so to speak... yeah, I'd want my $500,000 USD's back... (price according to the movie Taken, not based on personal experience) it's a matter of principle...

in the LEAST, don't take a f'ing video if you're gonna deflower someone else's new car...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #37
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Wow heard the news today on 1010 wins and the dealership Pacific BMW its national lol. Is that the video doesn't seem like a joy ride at high speeds. Is there a extended video???? The car will be fine if thats the video M cars are supposed to be driven hard enjoy your ride!!!! Besides its under warranty...Take it to the track and enjoy don't let this car be a BLVD cruiser.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #38
Augu$tu$
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

This is SO retraded. After working with BMW for years, and other manufactures, I have to say that 80-90% of all vehicles are driven this way before they're purchased. Both new and used. Either by the empolyees or the customers on test drives. this is what makes a BMW a BMW. It's meant to be driven.

The car will be fine. The price this guy paid is irrelevent. Whether he pays full MSRP or discounted or over MSRP, he signed a quote. The fact of the matter is the quote will show that his vehicle is to arrive with under X amount of kilomters. Say under 20kms is typical.

This guy is an idiot, he should have told the dealership he didn't want anybody to drive it and specify how many kilometers are to be on the car when he picks it up. Unfortunately when this car was driven, he DIDN'T own the car. He hadn't paid for it.

If I were this Dealership I would just take the car away. Sell it to somebody who's not being a cry baby. That would shut him up.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #39
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I don't think the point is that there will be mechanical issues with the car... personally, the car will be JUST fine... I think what everyone is ranting about is well, let me try to it it into another perspective...

say you are a Saudi prince (no offense to any oil tycoons on the forums) and you've just bid and overpaid at a higher than MSRP for (1) virgin girl (of legal age of course) and upon delivery of said virgin, you go to find that she's already been taken for a spin... a joyride so to speak... yeah, I'd want my $500,000 USD's back... (price according to the movie Taken, not based on personal experience) it's a matter of principle...

in the LEAST, don't take a f'ing video if you're gonna deflower someone else's new car...

Interesting perspective.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #40
Oaktree
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 - 2010 M3 - 1999 M3

Not even sure why I'm posting on this subject but here goes.
Once you place a deposit or agree to purchase a car (or anything for that matter) the right thing is for the dealer/seller to treat it like you would. Its common courtesy.

Under no circumstance would I expect a dealer to call me and say, "Hey, can two of my SA's take your car out for a joyride before you take delivery, they think it would be fun." And the future owner saying, "sure, I hope they have fun, let me know when they are back so I can come purchase it."

If joyride's do happen, which it sounds like they do, their is a reason people don't know about it. They (the dealer) knows it would be detrimental to business and is not a positive selling attribute.

Last edited by Oaktree; 11-25-2011 at 01:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #41
AntonV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sedona/Savanna 135i

Love it. Good riddance

2005 BMW F650 GS - Mandarin Yellow - Farkled
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #42
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Talk about a blown out proportion situation. Hahaha spend tax payers money on this ridiculous issue.

Fire and ban them from working at any BMW dealer and that should do it.

Now, as far as selling the car at 80k.. they should be charged for that shit.
      11-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #43
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

This discussion risks to become never-ending.

Bottom-line IMHO: it's all about (dis)respecting other people and their belongings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDy80 View Post
Would you eat a sandwich with one end already bitten into? No, Why not? Just eat around the rest of the sandwich. Would you say we over reacting to the fact there are now someone else's germs on that end of the sandwich and the rest of it should be fine to eat or the fact that I paid for a sandwich that is promised to be new that's already been bitten into by someone else? I could just not eat that part of it right? No harm done, in fact, i should thank you for taste testing the sandwich for me first. Makes total sense.
Actually, I don't mind kissing my wife...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #44
Forster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, S54 Mcoupe

LOL !!