BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #221
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1triple5 View Post
lol how uneducated can you be? get out of your bubble? i bet those great cities where near and around ny. ive been to Beirut numerous times and it is true, it does have the most beautiful women and nicest night life, but what Lebanon excels in, is their cars. people there take their cars very seriously.

back to the topic, i recently got your typical that's a girls car, so i responded ya, you're right because it has 300 ponies.
Uneducated? WTF are you talking to? Maybe you need to learn something about the politics of the country. Or......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

Last edited by NYC6; 08-06-2012 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: omitted something that might be taken as a religious attack
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #222
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Had somebody come look at our mini cooper that is for sale...test drove the mini, really liked it and made an offer, as we're going back and forth on that he looks over and sees the 135i cab on blocks...the conversation went like this...

Him..."is that a one series"
Me..."it's a 135i"
Him..."what motor does that have"
Me..."the 3.0 twin turbo"
Him..."can I look at it."
Me..."sure"
Him.."nice, love these cars, is it for sale"
Me..."no, I'm in the process off doing a bunch of mods"
He then changed his mind and left in search of a 135i....DOH!

Note to self...leave the garage closed next time!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #223
ronssito
Private
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
I've never experienced one negative comment in 3 years of ownership. Really don't get where you guys get this stuff. Haha

my experience also after 1 year.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #224
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

Was talking to a fellow from Germany today, I mentioned how I would love to visit the BMW plant there. He asked if I had a BMW, in which I told him yes. His reply was, oh you must have a 325 or 328???? I said, no, I have a 135. He replied, "oh, you have the little one".... Me, "chuckle, yeah it's the "little" one" that will fly!! He then continued to say that who needs speed and power, and then goes on to mention that he had an M3.... Am I missing something here??
      08-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #225
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

I let some li'l ol' lady into a parking spot today in an oldsmobile and she said when we got out that she'd 'never had anyone in a BMW let her in'. She said her husband used to own car dealerships and 'still has a bunch of cars from over there' in the garage - love to know what that means...
      08-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #226
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkdog View Post
She said her husband used to own car dealerships and 'still has a bunch of cars from over there' in the garage - love to know what that means...
Sounds like a barn find waiting to happen. You should of asked her if any of those cars are for sale.
      08-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #227
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I am asked a lot if my 135i is a 4 cyl..

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #228
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

This happened to me yesterday. Saw a young couple with a baby stroller at a crosswalk, so I stopped and gestured for them to pass. They gestured back to let me pass. This goes back and forth a few times until they finally insist on letting me pass first. So I proceed through the crosswalk and just as I am getting through it, some idiot on the other side of the street jumps out into the crosswalk and nearly gets run over. I swerve to avoid collision and just as I am driving away, the idiot yells "F*ck you douchebag, your car sucks anyway!"

No matter what I do, I can never shake the BMW stereotype...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #229
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Took my car in for new brake pads + new rotors. As i was waiting in the lobby to sign some papers, the tech called me outside for a few questions. The conversation went like this;

Tech : Where did you get these brakes installed?

Me : What do you mean?

Tech : The brakes are aftermarket, right?

Me : No, there factory Brembo's. I just got them painted yellow.

Tech : Oh, okay...(he had a confused look on his face)

Tech : One more thing, i would like to point out you might need new rims, there badly damaged. (pointing at the paint chips on the rims)

Me : Those are just paint chips, i painted the rims myself with matte black paint.

Tech : You did them yourself? Wow....those look amazing.

Me : Thanks.

Funny how he thinks my rims are damaged by just a few little paint chips on the side wall .

I also get the typical "It's a v6 right"? or "Whats a twinscroll turbo"?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #230
_x3M_Competition
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 x3M Competition DGM

FB Post/Comment

I posted a pic of my car on facebook, and a couple posts later one of my FB friends posts. "Buying a 1series BMW is like buying fake Jordan's." I immediately commented on his post and had to school him on the fact that my 135i is more expensive and faster than his 328i.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #231
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

A mate of mine looked at a photo of my car and promptly advised "looks like a chick's car".

And he drives a Mazda 2.....heh heh.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #232
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I think the thing with the E82 1-Series is that people ARE jealous, it's a nice/aggressive looking car but the only ammo they really have against it, or rather to belittle you in a way to make themselves feel better, is its size. If it was in their budget or offered one for free, they jump on it in a heartbeat.

I really don't get that logic, I guess if that is true then all BMW owners are only ever on the ladder to an X5 or 7-Series...if size is what defines 'best'.

I came from a 335i convertible, I liked driving it because I'm in my young 20's and it felt grown up but on the flip side it got called "daddy's car" quite often which it wasn't...paid for by my earnings, I don't come from a rich family. That's jealousy all over again, why not just compliment or say nothing at all. Anyway, me and the 3 parted ways and I decided on the 135i as I wanted more of a driver's car but I knew I was in love with the N54. The 335i was good (better in coupe form of course) but to get it where the 135i is as stock you'd need a couple of suspension changes for sure an a diet.

On topic...

My car is likened to a 1M a lot, it looks nothing like it to you and I but I guess the black grilles and darker wheels give it a bit of an aggressive look. It also gets thumbs up and compliments at fuel stops .

I like my 1.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #233
Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
A couple days ago, i was trying to find parking at my beach house in Newport, CA, when this tool wearing a pink polo shirt with his collar up, driving a convertible E46 M3 with a Bentley license plate frame came up next to me, glared at me, chuckled and revved his stock M3 and cut me off and drove away.

My girlfriend was in my car, and she just said "what a tool". I couldn't agree more.
lol. reminds me of
from 0:21 to 0:32.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #234
Vlaze
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MT

My lady and I show up at one of her friend's get-together. I hear a group of guys standing outside on the 2nd floor balcony talking with each other and drinking a few beers:

Guy 1: What model Bimmer is that?

Guy 2: I think it is a 3 series.....

Guy 3: No, it's a one series BMW...

Guy 2: Oh, never heard of those, about how much do those run

Guy 3: I think about 24 or 25k.......

Guy 1: Oh really, that's not bad at all, I should look into those.

My lady just looks at me and says: "Be nice"

For the most part though, I get compliments on it all the time....more so when I changed out my tail lights to the LCI Blacklines, people really seem to dig those.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #235
Tterrag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT M-Sport

Never any negative comments have come from my coworkers, but when I brought it to work on Monday:

J: That's a really nice car, what kind of BMW is that?
Me: A 135i coupe. Not many of them are around.
J: Yea, it's really tiny and it looks like it sits on the ground. (He drives a truck, but likes all cars.)

Mustang driver in my parking lot in the same office but not the same company, he has the one of 4.6 V8s... he constantly revved his engine at my old car which was a Mazda RX-8. I invited him to an SCCA autocross event once, which he got slaughtered at.
Him: So you're still buying gutless cars?
Me: Sure.
Him: Do you want to race me?
Me: I like my low insurance payments.

I expected hate from him though, as he's a Mustang driver through and through. He was the one who convinced me to test drive a 2013 Ford Mustang GT, which I was unable to pull the trigger on because I absolutely hated how the thing handled.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #236
andrés
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM

A couple of nights ago i was going home late at night i was sitting at a red light and a dude with his girlfriend pulled next to me in a 997, rolled down his window and gave the thump down and said something like "toy car" then started to rev it up.... green light and my toy car was gone jaja, reached a zone wich is under construction and he caught up this time didnt rolled down his window or even looked at me. Mexico city is about 2,200 mts (7,217 ft) above sea level. he didnt have a chance.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #237
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Been meaning to come in here again and share a more recent experience a few weeks ago, which I think is my favorite so far. I sold a Challenger R/T Classic to this young G.I, and he loved the car, but after seeing my car, could not stop asking me for a ride. He even said, if I let him drive it, he'd buy the challenger. I eventually ended up saying after the sale was complete, let me clock out and I'll take you around the block.

I drove slowly to where I knew was a long, unused road behind the dealership and opened her up.
"ohgodohgodohgodddd holyyyyy shitttttttttt" His facial expression was priceless. After he came back his friend went
"dude, we could hear you from over here, how was it"
"holllly fuck man, silly fast. He sold me the wrong car bro"

He still texts me every once in awhile asking if I had done anything else to the car haha

Last edited by Ammonia; 10-04-2012 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #238
Motohip
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i

Yesterday at the gas station...

Guy: Is this a 4 cylinder?
Me: No it's a 6.
Guy: Nice. It's a nice car, is it fast?
Me: Not really.
Guy: This one's fast (points to his E46 330ci non ZHP).
Me:: How much HP does it have:
Guy: I don't even know but it's a 330 so it's a lot more..

Presumably he thinks his car is 202 points more car than mine lol.

Last edited by Motohip; 10-05-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #239
AKopp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Best for me...

At a gas station fueling up, a younger male walks up looking as if he just woke up on the curb on the gas station... Anyway, he was awkwardly walking around the front of my car and it goes like this:

Kid: Nice car man.
Me: Thanks.
Kid: What's in this thing?
Me: Twin turbo inline 6.
Kid: This sounds really good.
Me: Thanks.
Kid: It sounds a lot like my car.
Me: What do you drive?
Kid: '93 Civic with a Frankenstein motor.
Me: Sweet man.

Kid walks away.
2009 135i - SG/Coral - 19" Alufelgen SF-71 - ST Coilovers - Cobb Stage 2+ - AR Downpipes - Berk Sport Exhaust - Active Autowerke Charge Pipe - AMS FMIC - AFE DCI - LUX V3 Angel Eyes - LCI Blacklines - Active Autowerke Strut Tower Brace - BMW Performance CF Spoiler - Kerscher Carbon Splitter - Scopian CF Diffuser - MusicarNW Level 2
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #240
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Today at work, i was in the backroom, and 2 female employees in the back, talking. I was walking towards them and they stopped talking, looked at me and this is how the convo went :

Girl #1 : pheww, it's only *my name".

Me : Huh? What's up?

Girl #1 : Oh, i thought the manager was coming, didn't know it was you.

Me : Heh, talking in the backroom, how original. I'm not the manager, just an employee.

Girl #1 : You might as well be the manager, you drive a BMW!

Me : Haha, do i now? I ride a little tricycle to work!

Girl #2 : You can't hide from us, your BMW sticks out like a sore thumb, your not stealth.

Me : Hm, i should just paint my car matte black, so that way, i can be "stealthy".

Girl #1 : Oh hush, BMWs can't be stealthy, there to sexy.

Throughout the day, girl #1 kept teasing me about the Bimmer, made my day .
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #241
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

that seems like there was some flirting going on and that was the only thing they could relate to you with to get conversation going.

I'm assuming by the time the day was done you offered her a ride?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #242
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
that seems like there was some flirting going on and that was the only thing they could relate to you with to get conversation going.

I'm assuming by the time the day was done you offered her a ride?
Hopefully a mustache ride!!!!!