BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #23
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Just a little update for anyone interested, it got worse...

We have lost a total of 2 days off work, $100+ in phone bills (over minutes (cell) and long distance (home phone)) and about 200 miles worth of gas. We had to take care of everything ourselves with Honda and I had to hand deliver the title back to Daytona in hopes that they will do the paperwork properly this time. When I went and handed the title to the GM, he treated me like a child, talked down to me, acted put out, and sighed after everything I said. When I gave him the title I asked for some type of proof that I had given it to him and his exact words were "What do you expect me to do about it?" After all that the GM and his "yes man" called and requested a tele-conference with my wife which we set up on speaker phone and I recorded "for quality purposes" of course. Well, now I have the entire 8 min. call on my digital voice recorder with the GM yelling at us and calling us liars for about 6 min. before yelling at us to not call back.

We (my wife and I) were pleasant and calm when trying to explain the situation to him and he then interrupted me and started yelling and carrying on. I would love to be able to post the conversation just to show everyone here that this is not made up, but I have no idea how to post a sound file here if it is even possible. Anyway, long story longer, we cannot go back to Fields Daytona and I will be letting everyone I know, how horribly they treat their customers after they have their money.
      05-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #24
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Wow at is crazy. Thats why people drive thier cars through the doors of dealerships
      05-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #25
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

I don't know how far you'd go, but if you have proof of turning in the money they were suppose to turn and and report. And now with a sound clip, I'd be taking them to court. Especially since you've lost out on a lot of money already and had horrible experiences with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #26
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

You know, if I had the money I would love to buy into even partial ownership of the Fields Group just to have a little fun with this whole situation. At this point, I really think court is just too much more of a hassle than it's worth. The wife and I are just physically and emotionally drained from this sheisse. I have waged a formal complaint with BMWNA as well as sent the sound clip to the Fields owner's email and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. I don't expect to get anything out of this but I would like an apology and I hope the asshole at least gets in trouble a little...
      06-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #27
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Is there any update on this? I'd love to see these guys get screwed to the wall for this!

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #28
Quark
Private
Rep
Drives:

Wow. I gave up on Fields Winter Park this week, and placed my order with someone who would trade a slot for me. My order started in the middle of April, and I still didn't have a production number. Hopefully, things will be better.

I was thinking about going to Daytona. It seems like I had contacted someone there that was interested in helping me out. The main thing I'm worried about now is dealing with service without having purchased there. ugh.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #29
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

No problems with Fields Winter Park for me--in fact everything from initial point of sale to delivery went as smoothly and pleasantly as I could have hoped. YMMV
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #30
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
No problems with Fields Winter Park for me--in fact everything from initial point of sale to delivery went as smoothly and pleasantly as I could have hoped. YMMV
Were they willing to deal with you at all or was it just MSRP? Also who was your CA?

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #31
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep

You may want to consider getting the States Attorney involved in this. If they were threatenting in anyway it may be actionable. There may be other laws they violated by hanging onto your payoff too.

DON'T POST THE AUDIO ANYWHERE!

Since their error has caused actual financial damages and grief, it may be worth a trip to civil court as well.

I know you have better things to do, but don't let them get away with this.

And BTW thanks to you and your family for serving, I appreciate the Freedom!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #32
Quark
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I'm sure it would have been no problem if I had come in a couple weeks earlier on it... I started in the middle of April, and they were out of their allocations by then, and thought I could wait.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #33
twinturbo135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
same here. I bought my 135i from Fields in Winter Park a couple of months ago and everything has gone perfect. they always treat me like royalty when I go there to get my car cleaned up.

I must say that I have been 100% impressed with both the car itself and of course the first class treatment from Fields.

Appreciate 0