BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thumbs up Another Berk Muffler Review...

Dear Addicts:

Sorry if my review isn't as good as others posted before, but I'm going to express my thoughts about this item.

2 days ago I installed my brand new Berk Technology muffler on my 135i.
The installation was a piece of cake! The only thing that was not "easy" was the removal of the hangers, but must say the extranction of the OEM exhaust took me like 12 mins.
Then, I started to install my new (and loved) new muffler. It took me 6 minutes to be precise.
It was time to hear the beast unleashed. I started the car an WOW is little... I was completely amazed about the sound it made and at the same moment decided to go for a test drive near my house. I really couldn't be happier with the results.
I don't know if its just psicologycal, but my butt-o-meter felt immediately the hp gains joined with a sporty and reasonably loud exhaust tone. Trust me, It really sounds wonderfull and doesn't bother. Today I've recieved 2 compliments about my ride and it's sound. It is completely a headturner and the perfect couple.
Trust me, $499 for this upgrade is a complete bargain, and even if I add the shipping to Chile....
The only thing that makes me worry is that I think the tips fit too close to the rear valance (diffuser) and they get very hot, so it can burn the diffuser.
But tomorrow I will modificate the angles of the hooks for leaving more space.
That said, I think it is one piece of a bang for the buck.
Over 3.000 rpm it's my favorite tone.

I highly recommend this muffler to all of you who are looking for a perfect sound, a mindblowing weight reduction, a perfect fit and a smile on your faces.

Today I challenged an F430 on the streets, and I must tell you, he will never be looking 135's with the same eyes
I think my car has finally come alive and it sounds like it goes.

Overall Rating:
Exhaust Sound: 5/5
Design: 4.8/5 (Ordered with the chrome tips and love them!)
Dan at Vivid Racing: 5/5
Ease of installation: 5/5 (took 20 mins being alone)

Thats my review about this piece (of art)..

Thanks Dan and VividRacing!!!

P.S: Did I mention how happy I am with this investment?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Did you just say you challenged a ferrari f430 to a street race and won? or will he not look at 135's again with the same eyes because he beat you that badly? I'm a little confused how swapping your muffler changed his views so much? O.o theres no way a 135i with muffler swap would ever beat an f430 unless he didn't know the two of you were racing lol
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
Did you just say you challenged a ferrari f430 to a street race and won? or will he not look at 135's again with the same eyes because he beat you that badly? I'm a little confused how swapping your muffler changed his views so much? O.o theres no way a 135i with muffler swap would ever beat an f430 unless he didn't know the two of you were racing lol
Sorry, I did not express correctly... I have some other mods incl. a piggyback... I didn't won, but we were wheel to wheel till I had to brake (not too long). I think with DP's will be a different story.....
Well, maybe he was not on Race Mode and I'm just taking early conclussions
(2nd gear roll)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Are you happy with the chrome tip? What is the exhaust tip's diameter, 2.5", 2.75" or 3" ? Please let us know. Thanks.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

There's a Berk equipped 135i in Chile! That's just ups the cool factor right there. Very glad that you like the exhaust.

Did the box look beat up from the shipment form the USA to Chile? If it did then the hangers could have gotten slightly bent during the shipping journey. They way they are manufactured it would be very difficult for the tips to sit too high in the rear valence. The whole assembly is welded with the tips clamped down in the jig and the hangers are the last assembly that is welded into the exhaust. If you give us some pictures I would be glad to give you some pointers on how you should re-straighten the hanger.

My135i - Our tips are dual 3". Available in either the polished tips or the black tips.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

My135: I think the tips look beautiful... Im very happy with them. Now the exhaust tips are more noticeable than with the OEM shadowline ones and it makes the rear end come more alive.

Berk: My muffler arrived only wrapped with plastic bag.... No boxes. I was expecting a Berk Technology box with Berk stickers and some info.
Maybe you're right and that's where the problem started.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 06:36 AM   #7
Yes2m3cs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4

congrats on the new exhaust man!

Yours definetely should have come in a big box..Mine was huge! I agree on the chrome tips, they are sweet and im very glad that I went with them too.

I have had my exhaust on for a couple weeks now and I swear its louder now! I agree with the sound too, its just sick

Enjoy man!

Brian
Appreciate 0