BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Falling in Love... All Over Again

Picked up my 1er last August and the time until I stored her for the winter was just amazing. When I brought her out again in the spring, life just seemed to get so much better but as summer went on, I got busy, she sat in the garage mostly except weekends, and then just commuting.

We're having a really warm fall this year, it's not uncommon to see snow and below freezing temps every morning already but it's +17 C right now and Friday/Sat are foretasted to be 20 deg C + haha! I've been driving her every day lately since I could be forced to put her in storage any day now... and I have to say... Why did I ever stop driving this car on a daily basis!?

My commute in is half highway/half city with lots of nice on ramps/merge zones and several great spots to really put the pedal down (safely/below the speed limit). I walk into work with a stupid grin on my face these days and throw in an extra 30 minutes after quitting time so I can drive home on near empty roads.

Just really living in the moment with my 1er right now, mentally ignoring the 6 month stint I'll be without her. I just can't stop grinning every time I rev up the engine, pass someone on the highway, or even accelerate aggressively to the speed limit. Inner petrolhead is coming out all over again with this car, such a good drivers car, who's with me!?

Maybe this is why I'm single ha.

My 1er:

Last edited by 6MT_Addict; 11-03-2019 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #2
Mach1er
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i

Beautiful mod list. The Sedona is by far my favorite non-1M color. Taking the banked on-ramps with the proper throttle input it intoxicating. I get to do it on my daily commute, too. Enjoy it while you can!
      10-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #3
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Same here.

Walking up to my car almost always gives me a grin and excitement that I'd be able to drive her again. Then, comes the very simple interior fit to my liking but still appreciate the subtle blue stitching. Pushing the button that I love (and the neighbors hate) gives great joy and make me think "this car is pretty bad ass." Off I go and drive it calmly until the car gets to a stable temperature. At that point, I'm at the base of the mountain road I have to through as part of my daily commute (to evade traffic). If conditions permit (dry, empty, and I feel like it), I drive the car a bit above the speed limit in the curves. Otherwise, I just enjoy the scenery and the exhaust. I am, of course, trying to hear those pops and burbles whenever I can. I reach my destination, park, and walk away with a stupid smirk while partially looking at her.

At the end of the day, I go out of my way and take the longer mountain route for double the fun. I eventually park the car home and say in my mind "damn, I love this car."

I guess this is also why I'm single?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Beautiful car... beautiful story. Love Sedona Red. Looks great!

I guess I'm lucky. I get to have fun in my 1er 365 days a year. And believe me, I do. Every day we go for an enjoyable, spirited drive. Love to take certain corners fast, and I go 100 mph on a regular basis. It's not all about speed but it sure is a blast! Had her since new and it never gets old. I love this car! My wife knows and there's nothing she can do.

One of my favorite pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by Esteban; 10-08-2015 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 12:29 AM   #5
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

I don't get the same excitement from the 135i as you do... Hmm.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #6
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

I drive a very hilly ~30 min commute. It's a scenic drive with lots of twists and turns, with the lsd it has become automatic that in good weather all nannies are off like to get the tail out... I too walk in to work with a smile.

I could drive a more direct stop and go highway route and take about 10 min less.
My girlfriend and I work near eachother and she drives the direct route every day; she thinks i'm funny for deliberately taking the longer way.

I would likely double my time in the car to avoid stop and go BS.
In addition, sometimes I take a lunch break when the weather is nice to cruise around in the hills. Makes the day that much better.. Lol
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
amsnow440
Olmec's Temple Guard
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT, 05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AddictsAnonymous View Post
Picked up my 1er last August and the time until I stored her for the winter was just amazing. When I brought her out again in the spring, life just seemed to get so much better but as summer went on, I got busy, she sat in the garage mostly except weekends, and then just commuting.

We're having a really warm fall this year, it's not uncommon to see snow and below freezing temps every morning already but it's +17 C right now and Friday/Sat are foretasted to be 20 deg C + haha! I've been driving her every day lately since I could be forced to put her in storage any day now... and I have to say... Why did I ever stop driving this car on a daily basis!?

My commute in is half highway/half city with lots of nice on ramps/merge zones and several great spots to really put the pedal down (safely/below the speed limit). I walk into work with a stupid grin on my face these days and throw in an extra 30 minutes after quitting time so I can drive home on near empty roads.

Just really living in the moment with my 1er right now, mentally ignoring the 6 month stint I'll be without her. I just can't stop grinning every time I rev up the engine, pass someone on the highway, or even accelerate aggressively to the speed limit. Inner petrolhead is coming out all over again with this car, such a good drivers car, who's with me!?

Maybe this is why I'm single ha.

My 1er:

Awesome car man, really digging it! I store my car for the winter too but I can't imagine what that's gotta be like in Canada, pure torture. It must drive you insane, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post

I guess I'm lucky. I get to have fun in my 1er 365 days a year. And believe me, I do. Every day we go for an enjoyable, spirited drive. Love to take certain corners fast, and I go 100 mph on a regular basis. It's not all about speed but it sure is a blast! Had her since new and it never gets old. I love this car! My wife knows and there's nothing she can do.

One of my favorite pics:
Love the color man, gorgeous! It's amazing how effortlessly these cars get to and how amazing they feel at those speeds, isn't it? I took a trip to SoCal earlier this year, and to say that I'm jealous of your roads is an understatement...

I finally started autocrossing this year and it has only made me love her even more! It's also making me want to spend more money on suspension mods, but that's inconsequential . If you want to make an omelette you gotta break some eggs, right?

10-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

OP, don't let IEDEI find this thread (oops, I think I might have tagged him) or else he'll start lecturing you on the joys of driving the 1er during the winter.

also, PopsnBurbles which mountains do you live by? Most weekends you can find me in the Santa Monica/Malibu canyons, but I plan on checking out the original Mulholland drive and surrounding canyons to see if I can find any jems of roads still out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
I guess I'm lucky. I get to have fun in my 1er 365 days a year.
Me, too, and the thing that's going to make me fall in love with it all over again will be ditching these shit runflats for the Michelin PSS I am going slap on in two weeks (possibly sooner)...because WTF is winter anyway? My commute is all freeway and only 6.5 miles each way. The precise location I live in the city accompanied with the time I leave the house in the morning means the only traffic I sit in is at the light to hit the turn around that slingshot's me onto I-10. By that time, the car is just warm enough to throw in manual mode and rocket onto the freeway.

Last edited by davis449; 10-08-2015 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #10
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
I eventually park the car home and say in my mind "damn, I love this car."
Only had my 135i for a bit over a week, but I already think this.

Honestly all i've been thinking about since I got her is driving... I get home and just get so anxious to drive again, I've been going to sleep earlier just to wake up and drive her to work again...

There's something wrong with all of us.
      10-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #11
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
dtla1 I don't live by in any mountain but I drive through Mulholland daily to avoid the 405 freeway traffic. I go from the mountains by Universal Studios all the way to Bel Air. Some parts are bumpy but it's worth it. I very rarely go to Malibu taking Topanga Canyon all the way.

Dylanize Trust me, it snowballs from here on. We're called 1-ADDICTS for a reason = something wrong with us.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #12
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:

Dylanize Trust me, it snowballs from here on. We're called 1-ADDICTS for a reason = something wrong with us.
Good point!
      10-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #13
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

LOVE IT!!!

I feel the same way. Every time I start my car it is an EVENT! Cherish every single one of them.

Glad my wife feels almost the same way.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #14
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsnow440 View Post
Love the color man, gorgeous! It's amazing how effortlessly these cars get to and how amazing they feel at those speeds, isn't it? I took a trip to SoCal earlier this year, and to say that I'm jealous of your roads is an understatement...
Thanks for the compliment. And yes, the roads are great here. I'm a few miles from Mt. Baldy and I try to go up there a couple of times a week. Lots of curves, and there are some straight sections where you can go as fast as you want, safely of course, and if no one is looking (cops).
      10-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Thanks for the compliment. And yes, the roads are great here. I'm a few miles from Mt. Baldy and I try to go up there a couple of times a week. Lots of curves, and there are some straight sections where you can go as fast as you want, safely of course, and if no one is looking (cops).
I'm looking forward to taking my car up to Mt.Baldy one day. Last I was there, I had an SUV and I was imagining how much of a blast that road would've been with my 1er.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #16
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsnow440 View Post
I finally started autocrossing this year and it has only made me love her even more! It's also making me want to spend more money on suspension mods, but that's inconsequential . If you want to make an omelette you gotta break some eggs, right?
Wanted to add, autocrossing looks very exciting. Would love to try it some time. Glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to taking my car up to Mt.Baldy one day. Last I was there, I had an SUV and I was imagining how much of a blast that road would've been with my 1er.
Yes, it's my race course. Total fun. Can't do it enough!
      04-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #17
Drtsk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80C,GT4,C4GTS,CT4-BW,MK8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
With so much traffic around Upland - Rancho Cucamonga area I'm surprise you can drive that fast. And I disagree with you on the road conditions. Hwy 10 between Rialto to Claremont is awful. I'm in that area 5 to 6x a year.
If u have a chance you should take your wife to Padua hills in Claremont. You can get some brownie points.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #18
Drtsk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

One of my favorite pics:
Esteban, long time no hear....
My wife just saw the picture of your car.
She loves the color. U know how women are, color is the no. 1 priority.
Seriously, your car does look very good.

Calypso red is still the best BMW red!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:11 PM   #19
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtsk View Post
With so much traffic around Upland - Rancho Cucamonga area I'm surprise you can drive that fast. And I disagree with you on the road conditions. Hwy 10 between Rialto to Claremont is awful. I'm in that area 5 to 6x a year.
If u have a chance you should take your wife to Padua hills in Claremont. You can get some brownie points.
Been to Padua Hills many times. Was talking about driving fast on the mountain roads going up to Mt. Baldy, and on Wilson ave, and I think you meant the 10 fwy, not hwy, which I avoid like the plague.

Now whose stalking who?

Last edited by Esteban; 04-06-2016 at 01:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #20
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drtsk, thanks for the compliment. Here's my new favorite pic of my car. Not really new. It's been around here a few times on the forum.
Attached Images

04-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #21
Drtsk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Drtsk, thanks for the compliment. Here's my new favorite pic of my car. Not really new. It's been around here a few times on the forum.
Beautiful.
Love the color. LeMan blue looks great on the 1er.
Are the performance exhaust worth getting?

When I'm in town and see your car, I'll honk.
I'll be the guy in a rental, probably a Ford Focus SE.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #22
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtsk View Post
Beautiful.
Love the color. LeMan blue looks great on the 1er.
Are the performance exhaust worth getting?

When I'm in town and see your car, I'll honk.
I'll be the guy in a rental, probably a Ford Focus SE.
I think the PE is definitely worth getting. Awesome sound, beautiful stainless steel exhaust tips. Look around, you'll find some videos of it. Don't know how much your daughter will like it, if you're still planning on giving it to her that is.