BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #23
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM666 View Post
Sauce...your rant was amusing to say the least. It seems you stated your opinion bluntly. It also seems I among others stated ours. Last time I checked, it was a public forum. Stereotypical Bimmer guys I think you mentioned...wtf does that mean?
I didn't go out and bluntly state my opinion, simultaneously disrespecting someone, their car and hindering their trade on top of just being plain rude. How on earth could you compare our comments? Come on now... And your last sentence actually helps me prove my point so good job. The guy above me defined it for you so don't worry
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
Wizwalker
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E9x 328i

Hahaha, thanks for the support guys, that made my day! But, it's totally fine.. I suspect to get railed by "typical BMW" (don't take that offensively) owners that call themselves "car enthusiasts" when in reality they are "BMW enthusiasts"..
The S2000 is a fantastic car and I honestly wish I could just de-badge both of the brand and name logos. I don't care if it's a BMW or if it's an XXX Sport edition... I drive the car for the feel and performance, not the badge.
Furthermore, may I ask a question about the 135 for the people here that have had the opportunity to drive an S?
For the 135s that are complete with 6MT and "sports package" how does the feel compare to the S? I understand it won't be as tight on steering and rough on the suspension.. But handling wise and suspension as a whole, how is it? Honestly. And try to keep the bias down
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #25
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

I really enjoyed my friends s2k when I drove it at an autocross event. It was wonderful for the tight stuff. My135 is pretty built so it's not a super fair comparison but the s2k felt better I the tight stuff but my 1 felt better with the open stuff and through high speed corners.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #26
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwalker View Post
Hahaha, thanks for the support guys, that made my day! But, it's totally fine.. I suspect to get railed by "typical BMW" (don't take that offensively) owners that call themselves "car enthusiasts" when in reality they are "BMW enthusiasts"..
The S2000 is a fantastic car and I honestly wish I could just de-badge both of the brand and name logos. I don't care if it's a BMW or if it's an XXX Sport edition... I drive the car for the feel and performance, not the badge.
Furthermore, may I ask a question about the 135 for the people here that have had the opportunity to drive an S?
For the 135s that are complete with 6MT and "sports package" how does the feel compare to the S? I understand it won't be as tight on steering and rough on the suspension.. But handling wise and suspension as a whole, how is it? Honestly. And try to keep the bias down
Well I have the exact car you described. An 08 135 with the sport package, 6spd etc and I have been looking to get into an S for quite some time now. I'll say this, it handles well for a grand tourer, but it does not handle as well if you look at it as a sportscar, especially when compared with the S. Keep in mind it weighs 500lbs more. It feels rather soft and wobbly when pushed hard, and the open diff is a huge bummer. But this car is FAST in a straight line and it has torque everywhere, when I drive an S I realize how freakin fast my car is. I would just sum it up like this: When the S is being pushed it begs you to push harder, when the 1 is being pushed, it can't wait for it to stop.

Edit: This is stock for stock of course.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #27
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
Look im not trying to argue here, but i hope to see you at a track day soon!! And im not saying its not a good car, just dont think its a great trade IMO. Im sorry you got your panties in a bunch.
If you didn't want to argue, you shouldn't have shat on this guys thread. I actually feel bad now, I hope none of this will hinder his trade. PLEASE come out to a track day I'm at. I won't even get into that pissing match lmao, but if you saw my motorsport resume (yeah, a list of people that have paid me to drive their cars) you'd probably not bring that up. My panties aren't in a bunch, I just needed to let you know how much of a douche you are for that comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Actually it's not a public forum, that would be a web board set up by your local library. Forums like these are all private, we are here as guests and can be banned at any time for any reason. Not that it matters, but FYI.

Regardless, some people are trolling and that's all there is to it. Coming to a F/S W/T/B thread and telling the OP their car sucks is just a shitty thing to do, and people that do it are assholes. That's really all there is to it.
Yeah, again OP I am sorry for the clutter but I felt I needed to speak my mind to this guy. That was classlessness at its peak.
Cool resume dude. I don't happen to see any names. But I'll start out saying I drive a v8 pro lite in lucas oil offload for Monster Energy and Custom Offroad Design, I'm no slouch behind the wheel of a car. But you are just being petty and argumentative. So good day to you sir!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
uneekvisions
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 EVO GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwalker View Post

I had a MY05 before my 1er. While I love the 1er there are things I miss about the S2K. In all reality I feel the 1 has a rougher suspension, I find the S2000 is a lot easier to break loose, but the 1 handles curves like a dream really feels like it just hugs the road. As for acceleration Twin Turbo vs high revving S2K both will put a smile on your face, having the torque that puts you back in your seat is a bit of a change in the 1 series something you don't really get from the S2K.

If you were in Texas I would definitely consider your offer. Either way, to each their own.

Good luck in your search sir.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #29
INDPNDT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport, BSM/Coral

If anyone thinks the S2K is just a "Honda" they either haven't driven one or they are just a blatant idiot. I owned an S2K for 5 years and I didn't have to put a dollar into making that car handle excellent, I'll be dumping thousands and thousands of dollars into my 135 to eliminate body roll, understeer, etc. etc. That's not even mentioning the fact that you can buy TWO S2Ks for the price of ONE 135.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #30
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDPNDT
If anyone thinks the S2K is just a "Honda" they either haven't driven one or they are just a blatant idiot. I owned an S2K for 5 years and I didn't have to put a dollar into making that car handle excellent, I'll be dumping thousands and thousands of dollars into my 135 to eliminate body roll, understeer, etc. etc. That's not even mentioning the fact that you can buy TWO S2Ks for the price of ONE 135.
The 2 s2k for one 135 is what I based my original comment on. Not the performance of both cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #31
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

GLWS OP! S2000 are seriously some of the fastest cars around the track!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #32
Mark16q
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i convertible AW 6MT

Former s2k owner '04 and would say they have a very similar seat of the pants feel. But where the 135i has that great pressure on the back torque pull, the s2k was pretty sleepy unless you were pushing it. For daily driving, the 135i is a lot more fun but near the limits the s2k is just getting warmed up and the 135i is getting sloppy. The Honda ride was not unlike the 135i on normal street surfaces and seemed like a cadillac compared to my Elise. Loved my Honda for what is made for, and had lots of fun on the track with nothing more than sticky tires, and think if I ever get to the track in the 135i it won't be quite as fun at the limits.

both great cars with different purposes. If the right deal fell in my lap for a Honda I'd get another one in a heartbeat. The only reason I got rid of mine is I tracked an Elise and was smitten with the car. But the Elise as a DD for a year and half was ridiculous and all I could take.

Anyways...I'm rambling. all good cars.

mg
      03-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #33
seong1386
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i alpine white

i used to have 2008 s2000 cr and i never regret trading it in for 2012 135i. i never wanna go back to s2k..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #34
Pablo.
Private
Rep
Drives: Evo 8 and 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo. View Post
Wizwalker, I would suggest having the moderators close this thread and delete it. Repost your original thread. Sorry that it got so off topic.
I retract my statement. This thread is getting quite the attention
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #35
borabora
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07'335iAlpine View Post
LOL wish i still had my S2k. ill would have traded u the s for a day in a heartbeat to drive Your 1m hehehehehe...... A ride in it would be cool lol.
i really want to experience that 9K rpm . i seriously considered buying a S2K until my daughter was born... i still want to experience that natural screaming engine & that surgical 6-speed manual .
to the OP : if you lived in my state i surely would have PM'ed you for a day of fun car switching ..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #36
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Main difference between the s2k and the BMW is that the BMW has a little more luxury to it..... They both drive like a dream, it's all about personal preference. I would get rid of my 128i for a CR if I could find one lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #37
07'335iAlpine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i M-Sport

Lol, Yes they do drive like a dream. I owned mine for 5 years, and it was fun and fast in its own right, not to mention nimble. I just bought my 135i last october, but i was actually going to buy a Apex Blue CR with 10k on the odo mint......out of dallas some place called park place. But I was expecting my second child so it just wasn't the smartest thing to do......lol i made do for the 135i as it has 4 seats and 2 turbos lol. I LOVE IT! Definitely faster. But hop in an s2k preferably ap2 and rev that baby 8000 rpm and they really get going pretty fast as it is a small car.

Jake.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #38
Phlonx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82 M4

I agree w USNEM. The 1er, especially the 135i shines in its balance of luxury, power, asthetics, handling etc. an S2K is definetly a driver's car but it doesnt offer or intend to offer much else. I wouldnt put them in the same category. But when comparing solely on how they handle, thats a different story. As far as HP, i think its more comparable with a 128i.
      03-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #39
thetedderbear
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey
You aren't actually thinking someone is going to trade a BMW for a Honda
First off, there are plenty of used 135's valued around the $25k mark, and that's about the same value as an S2000 like the OP's.

Second, I have never shifted anything quite as glorious as the S2000's transmission. That's stacking it against a Ferrari F430 too. It's a great car for the money.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #40
nuipisqo
Private
Rep
Drives: mostly stock 135i

I currently have an 05 S2000 and I just bought my 08 335i. I liked the S, but it just lacks power. I like how communicative the S is, but the ride quality makes it a terrible car for rides over 50 miles.

None the less, I like it.
Appreciate 0