BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Fed P
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Help with fuse box / missing fuse

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your help with my previous problem, but now I have a new one. On the way to work yesterday I got an airbag error in the dash, and when I had a chance to pull over I also noticed a 5A fuse on the passenger floor mat. I hope these two things are connected because otherwise I have two problems!

Do you know which 5A fuse(s) are connected with the airbag system? I looked around on the forum, and there are a number of possibilities for where my fuse fell out from, but as I understand it, a lot depends on the options on your car, so it's not entirely straightforward. My guess was that it is fuse 10 that fell out, and I tried replacing it with the battery off, but there was no change - the error reappeared when I started the car.

So, some possibilities:
1) I replaced the wrong fuse
2) The airbag error will now appear until it is erased at the dealer even if I did fix it
3) The fuse is blown (there were no burn marks but who knows)
4) ?

Any suggestions? I tried taking pictures of my fuse box but it was damn near impossible to get anything reasonable.

Thanks a lot!
Fed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0