E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > No boost, whiny sound after pull with xHP. Pulls good vacuum

04-17-2024, 06:37 PM   #1
C0mbl3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i e90

No boost, whiny sound after pull with xHP. Pulls good vacuum

Hello, new to posting on forums, normally I just ghost read to fix my issues. Recently installed xHP and was doing a small pull, only going to about 5500 rpm before shifting and 19psi (MHD stage 2+). Felt fine but was just pulling into work so didn’t notice anything weird after. Then I get in after changing settings on xHP and my boost gauge (T-d into a line between BOV and intake manifold) won’t read more than 3 or 4 hp and I’m making no boost. Slight whine and sounds kinda like a boost leak but nowhere near what it would be if it was just a charge pipe leak or something where you can hear 20 psi escaping. It seems to just not be producing boost but I can’t narrow down what’s causing it. It pulls great vacuum tho. Attached is a log with two small pulls. Stock turbos. No codes (yet). Seems like all the connections are fine…

https://datazap.me/u/combl3/no-*****?log=0&data=3-12

I don’t want to throw more money and parts at it as I just replaced Vanos solenoids, crankshaft position sensor, installed a catch can (it seems one of the clips on the breather hose is broke, could this cause this?) and a whole bunch of other parts that normally fail. wondering if someone smarter than I could narrow down if it’s a boost leak or a blown turbo with logs. I don’t like driving an n52 so any help is appreciated.

Last edited by C0mbl3; 04-17-2024 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 07:07 PM   #2
C0mbl3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i e90

Well this weekend I did some digging and my intercooler piping decided it didn’t want to be connected to the cooler anymore. Kinda a PITA to fix as the piping wanted to slip off the pipe going to the charge pipe no matter what I did…. Seems like if you get the hose clamp too tight it’ll push the rubber pipe off so it took a little sketchy finagling to stay on securely
Appreciate 0