jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

BMS JB4 flash via Cobb AP

BMS JB4 flash via Cobb AP
Who is going to try this new product?
It is interesting how jb4 works like a flesh map, and Cobb has lots of features and is interesting too!
I think somebody is runnig Cobb on 1M, does they have any specific map for the 1M, does the M button work?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

This is for the Cobb AP only. You will still need to purchase a JB4 as well for them to work in concert.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

+1^, Backend flash is mainly to supplement fueling for those running upgraded turbos or higher concentrations of E85. If you're not doing that then running the regular maps with just the AP or JB4 is sufficient.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
+1^, Backend flash is mainly to supplement fueling for those running upgraded turbos or higher concentrations of E85. If you're not doing that then running the regular maps with the AP or JB4 is sufficient.
I got it, now looking for just Cobb or Evolve, can not decide, what way is better
Cobb has muuuch more features and you don't need to pay extra so switch the stage to another...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep

I recommend the Cobb, I'm running it for those reasons too. It's flexibility is nice, and being able to tune it myself without any downtime is great; It's currently setup for running E85 plus a bit more timing/boost than the OTS maps.

Plus if you ever do decide to go back to stock the resale value is there, where as it's pretty much zero with any other flash.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
I recommend the Cobb, I'm running it for those reasons too. It's flexibility is nice, and being able to tune it myself without any downtime is great; It's currently setup for running E85 plus a bit more timing/boost than the OTS maps.

Plus if you ever do decide to go back to stock the resale value is there, where as it's pretty much zero with any other flash.
Did you have any check engines or some other problems running cobb? what stage are you running and does the M button work?
I need to decide, to go with dp's and use all maps or to go with midpipes and go only with st.1 maps
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
Did you have any check engines or some other problems running cobb? what stage are you running and does the M button work?
I need to decide, to go with dp's and use all maps or to go with midpipes and go only with st.1 maps
"M" button still works with ST ( stock throttle ) Maps..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
I didn't have any issues with the Cobb, no check engine lights or anything of that nature. As ZuZu mentioned, the M button is retained on the ST OTS maps, but that's just something that you can tweak using ATR.

The closest map available from Cobb to what I'm running is their ST Race or E30 map, though mine has about 1-2deg more timing since I'm running a stronger concentration of E85. Compared to the base OTS Stage 2+FMIC map, mine still has about 5-6deg more timing up top, along with a bunch of other changes to make it smoother.

I've also run the Stage2 Aggressive ST maps on my car when it was 100% stock w/E85, no issues there at all.

My setup is currently only DCI's and DP's. The OTS maps are fairly conservative, we can get away with quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
I didn't have any issues with the Cobb, no check engine lights or anything of that nature. As ZuZu mentioned, the M button is retained on the ST OTS maps, but that's just something that you can tweak using ATR.

The closest map available from Cobb to what I'm running is their ST Race or E30 map, though mine has about 1-2deg more timing since I'm running a stronger concentration of E85. Compared to the base OTS Stage 2+FMIC map, mine still has about 5-6deg more timing up top, along with a bunch of other changes to make it smoother.

I've also run the Stage2 Aggressive ST maps on my car when it was 100% stock w/E85, no issues there at all.

My setup is currently only DCI's and DP's. The OTS maps are fairly conservative, we can get away with quite a bit.
So I've just ordered the Cobb, will see in spring how is it going)
I'm going to make the FBO except intake, midpipe and blow-off, so I think it would be conservative set up for the st.2 maps, st.2+ I think I will use only on racings, but I'm not sure that I need it for a DD.
Now looking for a DPs, VSRF with the discount are now $365 and BMS $379, did somebody try this DPs or heard obut it something?
I used AR on my 335i, but now I think that BMS are like copy of them and I don't need to overpay for the brand...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep

Nice! It'll be a nice bump in power. I do recommend getting at least DCI's, the stock intake is fairly restrictive.

A good option for them is to get these filters : http://************/crsdqru you'll need two of them.
The one to use is the 2.25" inlet, 5" long ones, and pick up a 1ft section of Al tubing http://************/crj82vw
This is basically the same thing as the BMS DCI, they use the same filters.

The BMS DP's have been tried by many people on the other forums, feedback so far is that they fit perfect, much like the VRSF ones. Either one is a great option, and performs the same as the AR ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Nice! It'll be a nice bump in power. I do recommend getting at least DCI's, the stock intake is fairly restrictive.

A good option for them is to get these filters : http://************/crsdqru you'll need two of them.
The one to use is the 2.25" inlet, 5" long ones, and pick up a 1ft section of Al tubing http://************/crj82vw
This is basically the same thing as the BMS DCI, they use the same filters.

The BMS DP's have been tried by many people on the other forums, feedback so far is that they fit perfect, much like the VRSF ones. Either one is a great option, and performs the same as the AR ones.
I live in Russia and here is a lot of dust and traffic jams, so every russian n54 tuner agreed, that aftermarket intake is waiste of money here...
So I did the same on my 335i, no intake!
One of the guys did dyno on his 335i and he did with stock air filter and without any filer and he did the same result, so without stock air box shoul be more air flow than the aftermarket intake and still no power gain
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk
I live in Russia and here is a lot of dust and traffic jams, so every russian n54 tuner agreed, that aftermarket intake is waiste of money here...
So I did the same on my 335i, no intake!
One of the guys did dyno on his 335i and he did with stock air filter and without any filer and he did the same result, so without stock air box shoul be more air flow than the aftermarket intake and still no power gain
Can't remember which tuner ran dynos on the stock intake with and without the top cover and had noticeable gains which proved how restrictive the sock intake is.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Stock box isn't that restrictive IMO. I have ran plenty of 12.0-12.1@117-119mph with the stock box in place with Cobb, intercooler and downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Stock box isn't that restrictive IMO. I have ran plenty of 12.0-12.1@117-119mph with the stock box in place with Cobb, intercooler and downpipes.
Nice times. For only $95, why not try the Burger DCI? With their 4 plus years of N54 testing, it might be worth a shot.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #15
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Nice times. For only $95, why not try the Burger DCI? With their 4 plus years of N54 testing, it might be worth a shot.
I'm a huge believer in 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

If the DCI didn't add a single HP it would still be worth of just for the added turbo noise you can hear once installed. At stock boost it might not add HP but what it does do is allow the motor to spool up quicker with less restriction. At stock power levels it's arguable if it adds HP but once you Increase boost it abs does.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
mle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f82 m4

Quote:
+1

Easy using
Appreciate 0