Originally Posted by nicoz View Post
Alright. Thanks for the comments!!
Do you have a solution for the tips?

Thanks again
Check this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867800

and this one:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540146

and I sent a message to SS inquiring the following set up, asking possibility of drone making a return: stock dp+SS straight mid pipe+Evolve (SS) Race muffler. If they send back a reply I will share their comments here.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 08-06-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
nicoz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Thank you so much!!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #26
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Check this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867800

and this one:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540146

and I sent a message to SS inquiring the following set up, asking possibility of drone making a return: stock dp+SS straight mid pipe+Evolve (SS) Race muffler. If they send back a reply I will share their comments here.
For now, my plan is to get maddad mids with evolve exhaust but if you try the SS non resonated mids and the drone isn't too bad I might go that route. I actually like the stock drone....I think it adds to the 1M's character but I don't want some crazy drone added with the non resonated mids. So...when are you going to test this out?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
For now, my plan is to get maddad mids with evolve exhaust but if you try the SS non resonated mids and the drone isn't too bad I might go that route. I actually like the stock drone....I think it adds to the 1M's character but I don't want some crazy drone added with the non resonated mids. So...when are you going to test this out?
Hah! We all need a Guinea Pig don't we? Just kidding. In fact, I am not waiting somebody else to go ahead and do it; I just asked this to member River Rat today by PM and he kindly replied saying that when he had the SS mids and the rest of his exhaust was stock, he did not notice any annoying drone, it was all good, he said that he just wanted a louder set up after a few months and then he added the Master's Shit (uhm) rears. Like yourself, he doesn't seem to be bothered by drone a bit though, so I am now guessing that this Evolve plus SS mids may actually work very well and even if it drones slightly more than Evolve plus N55 which practically eliminated the drone, the plus sides may easily offset the negative. SS is a great company and I have quite faith in their products and I believe that nothing as a mid pipe can drone as bad as the stock fake resonated unit anyway, so what to loose? And if I keep the N55 mids I can always go back to that route.

This is the only mod left that I may be doing before finally selling this car together with adding 255/275 tires instead of stock sizes (now I have the camber plates and want to maximize my new set up with more camber up front) but I doubt I will do these two final mods in a hurry simply because nowadays I can't even drive the car for meaningful distances pretty much due to work and family matters, so even some stuff that I bought previously are just waiting to be installed
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #28
nicoz
Private First Class
Rep

Hi all,

I'm a click away from ordering the SS mids. But won't be installed before September since I'm out of the country until then!

But I'll let you know for sure!

@ Ozinaldo: Thanks for the links! The Lightweight tips are very expensive!! The other options, are they the same size as the stock tips? Looking for at least 80mm.. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoz View Post
Hi all,

I'm a click away from ordering the SS mids. But won't be installed before September since I'm out of the country until then!

But I'll let you know for sure!

@ Ozinaldo: Thanks for the links! The Lightweight tips are very expensive!! The other options, are they the same size as the stock tips? Looking for at least 80mm.. What do you think?
Stock is 76mm, if you don't want oversize I think 80mm looks better than stock. My Evolve has 80mm, I like it, looks not too different or much bigger than the stock, just better because of the cut and lipless tips!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
nicoz
Private First Class
Rep

Totally agree!!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #31
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

Is anyone running SS Downpipe, with stock mids?

Evolve said that was one of the better setups. Just seeing if people are not running that time of setup as you need software to make it work.

thanks

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Appreciate 0