BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
overwest
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport

Fixing my H&R spring "rake"

Hey guys,

I have installed a set of H&R Sport springs purchased secondhand. I know they have some mileage on them and have already settled. I did a little bit of research thru the forums and did not see any relevant info as to how I can even out the front to rear drop.

Many people have mentioned swapping to the Eibach Pro kit, but I am wondering if it is possible to mix and match two sets of springs that have similar rates but could even out the drop front to back. If anyone has encountered this before or if there is a specific thread I should read up on I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

You pretty much get what you get. Need to research the results you're going to have before you buy. Easy enough to see pictures of other cars and how they ended up. Keeping in mind weights i.e differences in engine sizes, transmission types, so you compare apples to apples.

Manufacturer #'s for "drops" are never accurate. Never.

See if you can find pictures of similarly equipped cars w/ the other spring options and if you like the looks of those cars, odds are you'll end up looking about the same.

As for mixing and matching it might be fine, but you'll want to find their spring rates if published. Compare to what you have now, compared to what people race with )in proportions at least), and so on and decide if it's a combo you'll love or hate.
Appreciate 0