BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

02-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #67
Acheron83
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I asked both camps to send me what they wanted me to test. Their most current product. I used what was sent to me from the respective companies.

There is no green or yellow on my screen and in person they look even better than the pics show. That goes for both the LUX and the Dtecs, the pics arent representative of what you see in person.

Im sick of the bitching and continual questioning. There was no ulterior motive. Nothing was staged, altered, or edited. I plugged the things in looked at them and took some pics. Anyone who has doubts can purchase both sets and try them for themselves. Your taste and/or opinions may vary, but this is what the 3 people present thought/felt/saw. I did this to help those on the fence to go one way or the other.
Thanks for taking the time to do so. Ignore the tinfoil hat brigade with their conspiracy accusations. Your thread certainly helped me decide which option to go for.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #68
loudenvier
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2006/2007 BMW 130i M

It's only me or both of them look not that great? The intensity of the outer ring is so much less... I was searching for an angel eyes for my pre LCI BMW 130i (with adaptive HID) (this ones are for the post LCI) and I thought it would deliver a more homogeneous lighting, just like the OEM on the new models... :-(
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #69
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I asked both camps to send me what they wanted me to test. Their most current product. I used what was sent to me from the respective companies.

There is no green or yellow on my screen and in person they look even better than the pics show. That goes for both the LUX and the Dtecs, the pics arent representative of what you see in person.

Im sick of the bitching and continual questioning. There was no ulterior motive. Nothing was staged, altered, or edited. I plugged the things in looked at them and took some pics. Anyone who has doubts can purchase both sets and try them for themselves. Your taste and/or opinions may vary, but this is what the 3 people present thought/felt/saw. I did this to help those on the fence to go one way or the other.
how sick are you
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #70
wongie_jm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudenvier View Post
It's only me or both of them look not that great? The intensity of the outer ring is so much less... I was searching for an angel eyes for my pre LCI BMW 130i (with adaptive HID) (this ones are for the post LCI) and I thought it would deliver a more homogeneous lighting, just like the OEM on the new models... :-(
I got the Dtec V9 last week and you are indeed correct. The outer rings are much weaker than the inner, but I think that's just due to the poor design of our 1 series headlights. I honestly think this is the best we can get from just upgrading our bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #71
Exile
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 alpine white

Is the size of v9 the same size as v7? I'm guessing the v9 has significantly more heat due to being higher wattage correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #72
Winstar
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
DTEC V9's posted online now

none of our DTEC angel eyes dim when the headlights are on, they stay at 100% brightness in all setting/modes. angel eyes dimming is a case of "voltage drop", which we fixed many years ago.
Hi,
how can this be possibile? When I turn my xenon on, the car lights the halogen H7 bulbs with a minor voltage, causing them to dim. How is it possible to maintain the same light and power comsumption when not in daylight mode?
Perhaps they are not fully using the 35W during day?
One of the worst defects of xenon-powered angel eyes is the fact they are not "dimmable" at night, why did you bring this on LEDs?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #73
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

we design our DTECs to perform and function our way using our methods, this is what separates passion and greed, sorry members we are working on some revisions currently all orders will ship very soon, sorry about that, if there is any questions, please contact us
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #74
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
we design our DTECs to perform and function our way using our methods, this is what separates passion and greed...
Ummm.... OK.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #75
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Ummm.... OK.
30% of all people will never believe you despite overwhelming evidence
Appreciate 0