E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

05-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #793
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
yes... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They also admitted the rattling problem always comes back in a few days.

I am very pissed!!!!! :mad: :mad:
At least the rattling is gone. They are right, rattling problem will always come back because imagine your car is suffering shocks, shakes while running so sooner or later the screws , nuts, bolts... will become abit loose and it will make rattling noises.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #794
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
I agreed with RD, BMW's paint job is excellent in "most" cases. I tried before with my E36 a few years ago for the exact problem you have...You can't tell after they have applied a thin clear coating again.
(May be I am not professional enough to tell)
But seems to me you are a bit unlucky....did they solve all other problems for you?
Hope you can have a problem free E90 ASAP.

Hi Kevinso,

I am quite pissed of owning my E90. Got the car in mid April. Only one month now, staying in the service centre for more than 2 weeks (total). On the meter, the car droves around 1500km. I think I drove it around 600-700km. There are noises that seems to be a standard feature on my E90......and make matter even worse. Scatch on the door of a one month old car that I didn't get to drive much.

What do you think? I should go buy a MArk 6 today.....hopefully I can win something.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 11:41 PM   #795
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
At least the rattling is gone. They are right, rattling problem will always come back because imagine your car is suffering shocks, shakes while running so sooner or later the screws , nuts, bolts... will become abit loose and it will make rattling noises.

yes....I don't expect on a brand new car on the first day of delivery. My SA told me that they also puzzle about it. Why it always come back.....even the technican test drive on Friday evening....and then drive it again this Monday morning.....it came back.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #796
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys.....want to ask your opinion.

If there is a scratch on the E90 when you pick-up your car from the Service centre. It is very obvious, but not cannot feel it when you touch it. I am sure it is not swirl marks. They try to wax/polish out, but not sucessful. They said they have to use fine sandpaper to polish the clear coat, and then apply a clear coat onto the body.....sounds horrible.

Do you think it is going to be OK?
it sounds ok, no worry
if you're still not satisfied, ask them go give you a free coupon for a $3000 repaint job, to be used on your sole discretion.
Hope all these are frustrations than the actual problems severity

cnt
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #797
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
yes....I don't expect on a brand new car on the first day of delivery. My SA told me that they also puzzle about it. Why it always come back.....even the technican test drive on Friday evening....and then drive it again this Monday morning.....it came back.
True... It is un-acceptable to have rattling on the first day of delivery. My car's rattlings only came after 1 month after delivery.

So, is there still rattling after they fix it? Are the rattlings from the same area or different area?

Hope these problems will be fixed soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 02:33 AM   #798
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
True... It is un-acceptable to have rattling on the first day of delivery. My car's rattlings only came after 1 month after delivery.

So, is there still rattling after they fix it? Are the rattlings from the same area or different area?

Hope these problems will be fixed soon.
Many of the noise came back after a few days. Well....At this point, I can tolerate many of those noise because it is not continuous. But I really want to get rid of the major noise from the area near the radio. It makes a loud continous hi-freq ticking noise on roads like Lung Cheung Road (which I drive everyday) This seems to be here forever.

Whenever I have friends in the car, I always have the radio on to cover up the noise. I don't want them to laugh at my new car.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 04:35 AM   #799
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Many of the noise came back after a few days. Well....At this point, I can tolerate many of those noise because it is not continuous. But I really want to get rid of the major noise from the area near the radio. It makes a loud continous hi-freq ticking noise on roads like Lung Cheung Road (which I drive everyday) This seems to be here forever.

Whenever I have friends in the car, I always have the radio on to cover up the noise. I don't want them to laugh at my new car.
Well many cars usually have rattles at Lung Cheung Road. I assume that you are talking about the concrete part which is very bumpy and very rough......

If your car has rattles running on asphalt, then you should have them fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 05:54 AM   #800
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Yes...Lung cheung road is quite bad. BTW, I am talking about the part from Kowloon Tong westbound. There are also many other road that I have recorded. For example, the part of Mau Tau Wai road after I turned right from Tin Kwong road to get to BMW HK......part of Prince edward road near Waterloo road .....just to name a few. rattle noise 100% of the time.

I just send an email to BMW AG complainting about this.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #801
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Yes...Lung cheung road is quite bad. BTW, I am talking about the part from Kowloon Tong westbound. There are also many other road that I have recorded. For example, the part of Mau Tau Wai road after I turned right from Tin Kwong road to get to BMW HK......part of Prince edward road near Waterloo road .....just to name a few. rattle noise 100% of the time.

I just send an email to BMW AG complainting about this.
If you are talking bad road. I think both Shek O road and Tai Hang Road should top the list. I still remember how bumpy it was on our night meet. I had a headache and a stiff neck afterward. It was just ridiculous and seems it will shake your car into pieces

Keep us informed on how this problem is going. Really hope it will be sorted out ASAP
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #802
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Hi guys, I will get my Lemon back today
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #803
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys, I will get my Lemon back today
Hopefully all the problems are fixed

BTW, I dropped my car for it's first oil change this morning and should be able to pick it up late in the afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #804
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Maybe we can meet....But I will be in their office complainting.

I will not keep this car. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #805
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Maybe we can meet....But I will be in their office complainting.

I will not keep this car. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sure......

Hopefully your car's problems are all fixed so you don't get the hassle of complainting at their office and they will offer you a Bi-Xenon upgrade free of charge to compensate their mistake on the scratch
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:09 PM   #806
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
the full experience is very frustrating. I paid cash for a brand new car that turns out to have problem. Took 3 weeks to fix a problem. My salesman just want to ignore any responsiblity of any defective goods. Only my service advisor seems to be nice and responsible person. I feel like they just want to sell you cars, but won't back it up.....then passed the ball to the service centre.

Even if my 325i's problem is eventually fixed today (which I doubt it), I still get a car that I know the interior has been disassembled many times.....the door has been re-painted...some technican might have hard-driven the car during the break-in period.......and worrying that all those noise will keep coming up. I want to say this to BMWHK: "what will you feel if this shXt happens to you buying a brand new car." Paiding for a brand new car, but ended up getting an "used car". My frustration mainly come from their sales department.

I am wondering whether the South African factory did any real QC to my car before they ship....or the QC person must be deaf.

Also, BMWHK took more than a week preparing my car for delivery. The rattling was so obvious even on the part of Mau Tau Wa Road in front of their showroom/service centre. I wonder what they really did during that week. Just drive my car around town for fun?

I am not bringing in a few month old car that has problem. My car have all those noise from day one. No one has ever done anything to ease my pain. I can't remember how many times I go to drop off the car and pick up the car. Only after 2.5 weeks and they scatched my car, they offered a courtesy car after I got really MAD. My saleman keep saying I am their VIP customer......etc. Does it sound like VIP Service to you? I refused to use their cars.

I understand this is not happening everyday, but I admit I am the "lucky guy". No one from Customer Service or Sales ever come and give me a hand.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:14 PM   #807
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
the full experience is very frustrating. I paid cash for a brand new car that turns out to have problem. Took 3 weeks to fix a problem. My salesman just want to ignore any responsiblity of any defective goods. Only my service advisor seems to be nice and responsible person. I feel like they just want to sell you cars, but won't back it up.....then passed the ball to the service centre.

Even if my 325i's problem is eventually fixed today (which I doubt it), I still get a car that I know the interior has been disassembled many times.....the door has been re-painted...some technican might have hard-driven the car during the break-in period.......and worrying that all those noise will keep coming up. I want to say this to BMWHK: "what will you feel if this shXt happens to you buying a brand new car." Paiding for a brand new car, but ended up getting an "used car". My frustration mainly come from their sales department.

I am wondering whether the South African factory did any real QC to my car before they ship....or the QC person must be deaf.

Also, BMWHK took more than a week preparing my car for delivery. The rattling was so obvious even on the part of Mau Tau Wa Road in front of their showroom/service centre. I wonder what they really did during that week. Just drive my car around town for fun?

I am not bring a few month old that has problem. My car have all those noise from day one. No one has done anything to ease my pain. I can't remember how many times I go to drop all the car and pick up the car. Only after 2.5 weeks and they scatched my car, they offered a courtesy car after I got really MAD. My saleman keep saying I am their VIP customer......etc. Does it sound like VIP Service to you?

I understand this is not happening everyday, but I admit I am the "lucky guy". No one from Customer Service or Sales ever come and give me a hand.
I think you can call their Customer service to make a complaint and also their sale management too.... I do feel your pain how excited when you are about to take delivery of a new car and how disappointed to find out that there are many problems........

To add salt to the wound, they scratched your car too

BTW, do they have courtesy car? I have never heard of it. What kind of car is that?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:17 PM   #808
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
I think you can call their Customer service to make a complaint and also their sale management too.... I do feel your pain how excited when you are about to take delivery of a new car and how disappointed to find out that there are many problems........

To add salt to the wound, they scratched your car too

BTW, do they have courtesy car? I have never heard of it. What kind of car is that?

Courtesy car....I am not sure which model....I was so MAD that day that I just refused it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #809
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Courtesy car....I am not sure which model....I was so MAD that day that I just refused it.
BTW, I think I saw your car this morning but wasn't sure. There was a TiAg 325i with beige interior parking at the service "Tunnel" and there is a memo paper on the windscreen reads "Salesman test drive"

So when will you go there and complaint? It would be better to make complaints at the service dept. because there are many BMW owners around and BMWHK wouldn't want this mess to go thru the ears of other BMW owners and this will put pressure on them....

I did this at Zung Fu and it worked.......
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #810
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Yes....maybe that was my car.

Complianting at the service, I tried that... we had a argument so loud last week....the whole showroom and service centre heard us.

I am going to the Consumer Counsel to fill a compliant really soon
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:29 PM   #811
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Yes....maybe that was my car.

Complianting at the service, I tried that we will argument so loud there last week....the whole showroom and service centre heard us.
That's the way to go.... argue with them loud and let every body hears it....... this puts alot of pressure on them to solve the problem ASAP....
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #812
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
anyways....just one advise for all the E90 owners in HK.....don't let them wash your car!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #813
kelvinso
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 TiAg/Lemon

Quote:
anyways....just one advise for all the E90 owners in HK.....don't let them wash your car!!!!!!
RikuE90,
Sorry to hear that you are still in trouble in dealing with BMWHK.
My friend's old E39 had a problem of engine shuting down a few times and was towed to BMWHK for repairing more than 3 times in the 1st month of delivery (a few years back)

And the BMWHK cannot fix the root cause and the same problems kept re-occuring. Finally, they send a letter to the BMW Germany and complained for this. After several months of arguing and neogiation, BMW Germany send a new car in as replacement.

Although it's a few years back, I think you need to insist hard on your right if they cannot solve your problems.....There is no way they can escape this responsibility. Even if they can solve your problems at the end, some compensation is required....

Send a letter / e-mail to newspapaer or magazine also....and let them create more pressure on BMWHK.

Just my 2 cents!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 01:31 AM   #814
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
RikuE90,
Sorry to hear that you are still in trouble in dealing with BMWHK.
My friend's old E39 had a problem of engine shuting down a few times and was towed to BMWHK for repairing more than 3 times in the 1st month of delivery (a few years back)

And the BMWHK cannot fix the root cause and the same problems kept re-occuring. Finally, they send a letter to the BMW Germany and complained for this. After several months of arguing and neogiation, BMW Germany send a new car in as replacement.

Although it's a few years back, I think you need to insist hard on your right if they cannot solve your problems.....There is no way they can escape this responsibility. Even if they can solve your problems at the end, some compensation is required....

Send a letter / e-mail to newspapaer or magazine also....and let them create more pressure on BMWHK.

Just my 2 cents!!

thanks man! I have sent an email to Germany, but they have not yet reply.

This is my first bimmer. I have heard negative things about it 1X years back....but I can't imagine 2006 bimmers are still that troublesome. I remembered I had a friend , back in high school in Canada, owns a 525i. Its engine suddenly stopped while driving on a highway. Luckily he is still alive today. I was deciding on a Mercedes or a bimmer. Fortunately, I chose a MB.....but after all those years, I still get caught by a bimmer.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread