BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
jrnozid
Rep
Drives: e87 2005

Check engine code/mycarly code error. Is it throttle fault or wiring harness

So I have this intermittent check engine light error on my 2005 e87 A/T 80k KM that comes up every now and then after driving for a few miles.

The acceleration of my car becomes erratic making it slow or makikg it fast and sometimes when it's on the engine gives a clucking sound that might be the piston head(this is what gets me worried).

So I set up my carly diagnostic and it shows the code on the attached picture. I searched around the internet and found out that if it's a TPS error a full throttle body should be replaced and tha's alright but what scares me is that it might be the wiring harness(found out that a throttle code may be a cause of bad wiring harness) in which they say is pretty costly. So are these codes specific or usually it might be the harness that's causing the problem.

I don't want to replace a throttle body which is normally functioning and most of all I don't want to replace the whole wiring harness if it is really the problem.

Last edited by jrnozid; 12-07-2016 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0