BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Brief Limp Mode Again Today

So I had a HPFP replacement already. It just went on limp mode once after it has started with long cranks. I turned it off and back on and it was well. But I did bring it in and they replaced it.

Well, I did remember that once going through the starbucks drive through, I had a limp mode and shaky low revs. I turned it off and back on and it went away. Back then, I was turning my car off in the long queue.

Well today, months after my HPFP replacement (never had long cranks since), I was doing the same on/off in a long drive-through queue. And then it happened, brief limp mode and shaky low revs. I turned it off and then back on and of course, it was back to normal.

As I said, no long cranks, but I didn't have them back then (yet) either.

So, any thoughts?

And do not turn it off at drive throughs!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
So I had a HPFP replacement already. It just went on limp mode once after it has started with long cranks. I turned it off and back on and it was well. But I did bring it in and they replaced it.

Well, I did remember that once going through the starbucks drive through, I had a limp mode and shaky low revs. I turned it off and back on and it went away. Back then, I was turning my car off in the long queue.

Well today, months after my HPFP replacement (never had long cranks since), I was doing the same on/off in a long drive-through queue. And then it happened, brief limp mode and shaky low revs. I turned it off and then back on and of course, it was back to normal.

As I said, no long cranks, but I didn't have them back then (yet) either.

So, any thoughts?

And do not turn it off at drive throughs!
You say "limp mode", but you didn't say you had any fault lights.
Did you get an SES light? If so, take it in and they'll read the code/s.

Do you the 943 pump? It became the pump to use sometime around February 2010. Seems most have been holding up.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

mm Yes I had the yellow half full engine light... it means take to dealer. if it's red it means engine is kaputt. I suppose it is due for a check.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
guydude
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
FUEL PUMP....tell them I DONT FUKCING FEEL SAFE......that always works for me haha
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
guydude
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
mm Yes I had the yellow half full engine light... it means take to dealer. if it's red it means engine is kaputt. I suppose it is due for a check.
and it never goes red.....my 335i engine blew...literally .....yellow light turned on after....i thought it was hilarious....
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Same happened to me. New HPFP some months ago and all has been well. Last week while driving ~ 70 mph there was a rapid loss of power and sudden rough running. I was only about 3 miles from home but by the time I got there it felt like only 3 cylinders were firing. SES light came on as well. Sat in the garage overnight and was perfect the next AM - ran fine, no SES light. Took it to the dealer and was told that it had thrown a 'misfiring' code but everything checked out fine. "Bring it in if it happens again." - not all that confidence inspiring as we're planning a 500 mile each way trip and don't really want to end up on the side of the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Do you guys know the new HPFP part number, is it 943?
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

I dunno what they put in; they just said it was a known issue and knew ow to fix it, so I am assumnig they put in the altest and greatest
Appreciate 0