BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Rear Subframe Torx-bolt pitch?

Does anyone know the thread pitch on the torx-bolts that hold the rear subframe to the car (part# 33326760340)? I'm thinking about going to solid subframe bushings and was toying with the idea of tackling the job myself. There are several DIYs showing how this can be done on jack stands and using 2 jacks to lower and raise the subframe. I'm not a huge fan of relying on jacks to hold the heavy subframe while pulling/pressing the bushings. I thought if I could find some longer M12 bolts (or an M12 threaded rod + nuts), I could suspend the subframe by three corners while I worked on the forth. Then you would only need to support the subframe with the jacks when rotating the bolts to get to the next bushing. If anyone knows the thread pitch, or why this approach would not work, please chime in. Thanks.
Appreciate 0