BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #67
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
Total BMW 135is's in United States = 417

135is coupe = 263
(60 of them dct)

135is convertible = 154
(64 of them dct)
What am i missing here? Please share your the info you used for these numbers.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #68
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

and that logical division of category is?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #69
exPat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
and that logical division of category is?

"May I have your attention, ladies and gentlemen. Step right in and watch as highly trained performers attempts feats of derring do never before attempted with spreadsheets and numbers. Watch as they make clear that which was previously hidden. Structure and order will appear before your very eyes."

Unless the source data is corrupted. In which case GIGO.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #70
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hey man I am just counting, If my sums are messed up say so. If you think I am attempting higher math think again. I am humble enough to learn something here. If you want to make fun be my guest. If my column headers are confusing say so

The Fool
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #71
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
Hey man I am just counting, If my sums are messed up say so. If you think I am attempting higher math think again. I am humble enough to learn something here. If you want to make fun be my guest. If my column headers are confusing say so

The Fool
bp, you have nothing to apologize for -- especially after doing all of the heavy lifting here! Thanks again for your efforts.
I, too, was unable to determine how formula M derived his totals from your second spreadsheet.

Formula M, can you enlighten us all and tell us what assumptions you made to arrive at your totals? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #72
Arrrrmatey
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 135is

bp gave all of his sources and explained his logic for the numbers he generated ... Additionally, he has not taken the bait on a few occasions to get involved in silly forum flame wars, which in my eyes makes him a nice person. If you guys have ideas on better sources for his source data, or comments on his methodology/math, I am fairly certain he will incorporate them into his calculations.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #73
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys, Like you said if have info lay it on me and I will to my best to incorporate in.

Peace
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #74
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sorry for the confusion. I made an assumption that with a list of only DCT the reader would infer the rest to be 6mt. I will fix that with a note.

Thanks for the comment
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #75
ds33gt
Rep
Drives: 135is

My IS came in on Wednesday night, my sales guy sent me a few pics, I'm going to swing by tom. or Sunday and snap some pics to post.

The lemans blue/oyster combination looks amazing!!!

Coming from the vette world you would be able to break your car down by options and how many of each option were produced.

I know the figures break it down by coupe/vert and dct/m6, anyway to break it down further into exterior/interior colors?

Pretty neat to know you may have a car where there are single digits of other cars that are exact....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #76
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I've seen almost every color combo out there, but never seen a lemans/oyster on an IS. Seen a couple of 128s and 135s, but never an IS.

I too am curious generally what the most popular colors are on the IS guys. I bet alpine white is the most popular followed by either lemans or carbon black. Seen a few black sapphires, but never a jet black I don't think. One forum member had a blue water metallic, too, which was interesting to see and should be rare considering they discontinued it a few months ago. Seen one titanium silver and it was a convertible, and there's a used vermillion red with taupe interior (awful combo on an IS with glacier aluminum trim) with 755 miles for sale as a CPO.

Hopefully only about 10 mineral grey coupes ever. =) I know of 3, and BP will make 4.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #77
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I've seen almost every color combo out there, but never seen a lemans/oyster on an IS. Seen a couple of 128s and 135s, but never an IS.

I too am curious generally what the most popular colors are on the IS guys. I bet alpine white is the most popular followed by either lemans or carbon black. Seen a few black sapphires, but never a jet black I don't think. One forum member had a blue water metallic, too, which was interesting to see and should be rare considering they discontinued it a few months ago. Seen one titanium silver and it was a convertible, and there's a used vermillion red with taupe interior (awful combo on an IS with glacier aluminum trim) with 755 miles for sale as a CPO.

Hopefully only about 10 mineral grey coupes ever. =) I know of 3, and BP will make 4.
Very interesting discussion! It seems possible that there could actually end up being a similar number or even fewer 135is than 1M cars in North America. I'm pleased to know that there are likely very few other DSB 135is out there. Elwood has the only other one I've seen here, unless I missed one in another thread. Have we still not seen a new vermillion red get ordered? Seems like someone would have gone for the red car lol.
      06-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #78
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Ya, it's interesting in that while the numbers may end up similar to the 1M, it may be somewhat more visually intriguing since the 1M only came in 3 color combos, whereas the 135is has I don't know how many different exterior/interior options.

I wanted to see a titanium silver IS coupe quite badly before ordering since my 2008 135 was that color, but I could never find one. I did at one point after I ordered find a silver convertible online, but the pics were of pretty low quality and didn't like what I saw. Don't think the silver looks good with the 313s because they need more contrast and ended up looking very flat and blah.

Just for some quick visuals, here are some of the more interesting/rare color combos currently out there.

Vermillion Red on Taupe? Only Vermillion Red I've seen so while SOMEONE went for the red car, they apparently didn't go with the red for very long since they dumped it with 755 miles on it:
http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/use...a2f93495ec.htm

Titanium Silver Convertible:
http://www.cogginbmw.com/new/BMW/201...40d92c9075.htm

Space Gray Convertible (haven't seen a convertible in space gray til this):
http://www.cogginbmw.com/new/BMW/201...ad439b6ea0.htm

And an Alpine White with Terracotta interior that's been sitting at a dealer since December:
http://www.bmwconcord.com/details/Ne...UN7C54DVM27304

Last edited by gregthegr8; 06-16-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #79
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here are a couple of tables showing body color and interior. Every time I pass through the data I find stuff that I over looked or did not categorize correctly. I have been updating the table on the previous page to reflect this. I Had 3 P7MFA- LIMITED EDITION LIFESTYLE cars as 135is that I removed from the tally. I don't know what they are but there appears to be only a handful of them.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #80
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Interesting.

I'm betting the infamous lifestyle edition will be even more rare as we've only seen one on the forum ordered months ago and it STILL doesn't show up on the bmw configurator. Still listed under the future cars section.

I also feel kinda bad for the cashmere silver coupe. Wonder where that is, and we've seen a picture of the blue water metallic 135is coupe as it's a forum member who posted it awhile ago in the 135is owners show us your cars thread. Wish there were less mineral greys. =( So, I'll focus on the mineral greys with black leatherette like me! Ya!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #81
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Pretty happy about being 1 out of 6 with my combo. Kicking myself a bit for not going BW! Coulda been 1 of 1!!

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #82
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here are the coupe and convertible color tables for the cars shipped to Halifax, NS. I am assuming that they are the 135i M-Sport.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #83
ds33gt
Rep
Drives: 135is

BP-your tables are ver informative, thanks for the effort!!! Looks like my car is 1 of 1, very nice!!!

Here are a few of the Lemans blue/oyster combo....had some time today to stop by the dealer and snap a few quick pics during the day

Last edited by ds33gt; 06-16-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #84
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Very cool! I hope to join the ranks of the drivers soon. My mineral grey/ black with blue stitching 135is should be here in Tucson soon. I am glad I had the time to compile all of the info before my car got here and I get lost out in the desert driving around or at least as far as 14 gallons of fuel takes me....
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #85
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

One note of caution with the input for the spreadsheets above - my 135is (VIN ending in VU41969) never showed up in the WWL tracking system (I just checked now and it still doesn't show up more than 3 months after I took delivery). I don't know if it was just an isolated case or not, although I notice that the stats upthread did not show any deliveries to Brunswick, which is the VDC I was told my car was to be shipped to. I still don't know which ship my car came across on.
      06-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #86
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
I can't imagine 1/2 of the e82 orders were IS cars.
Well Im not sure when the tone of this thread switched from production cut off to how rare the 135is may be. But I just though of something else. There will be no sure way to actually know the true ratio to see just how rare the 135is. Although all of the IS models come to the USA the number of coupes and convertibles (of 135i's total) you were able to look up does not take take into account all of the military sales US spec cars over here in europe. So there are yet still more coupes and verts here that arent in the total number of 135 cars made for 2013 and delivered to north america to figure out the true ratio of 135is to 135i cars. Also When I was checking into buying an IS before I was told they cant be delivered in europe the military sales dealers were alloted a few IS slots also for people that wanted to order one and didnt mind flying back stateside to get it just to send it back here on a boat lol. Not sure if Dealers in the US are able to see those production slots or not but that could be the differance in someone there getting one of the last production slots for one!

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #87
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Pretty happy about being 1 out of 6 with my combo. Kicking myself a bit for not going BW! Coulda been 1 of 1!!
"TheGuestSpeaker" on this forum is your twin. 6-speed, space grey, coral int

Deep Sea Blue | Saddle Brown | N52 | LCI
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #88
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Well Im not sure when the tone of this thread switched from production cut off to how rare the 135is may be. But I just though of something else. There will be no sure way to actually know the true ratio to see just how rare the 135is. Although all of the IS models come to the USA the number of coupes and convertibles (of 135i's total) you were able to look up does not take take into account all of the military sales US spec cars over here in europe. So there are yet still more coupes and verts here that arent in the total number of 135 cars made for 2013 and delivered to north america to figure out the true ratio of 135is to 135i cars. Also When I was checking into buying an IS before I was told they cant be delivered in europe the military sales dealers were alloted a few IS slots also for people that wanted to order one and didnt mind flying back stateside to get it just to send it back here on a boat lol. Not sure if Dealers in the US are able to see those production slots or not but that could be the differance in someone there getting one of the last production slots for one!
True, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make. As you said, you can't order a 135is abroad unless you fly back and pick it up, which requires it to be delivered to the port, which is where the data is coming from. So maybe they are pretty well accounted for? No idea.

And I make no mistake about the "rarity" of this car - it will mean nothing for its monetary value. It is, however, cool to think about and know about! We in ZHP-land always wanted to know how many ZHPs landed here and in what combos. We have SOME data at zhpregistry.net, but it's dependent upon people finding the cars and inputting the info. Because the 135is data is fresh from the shipper, this seems to work well for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
"TheGuestSpeaker" on this forum is your twin. 6-speed, space grey, coral int
Very cool!

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0