BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #23
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaznSadlz View Post
does the leatherette get very sticky? Does the leather make a big difference?
Leather vs leatherette is a well discussed topic on this board. From sitting in both, the leatherette is more "grippy" and the leather is more "soft." From the information I gathered, the leatherette wears a little bit better but doesn't breathe as well as the leather. Some people have a hard time telling the difference (you can tell leather just by looking at it due to an extra line of stitching). Also, I've seen that people get the leather for resale and because of better color options (no red leatherette).

My recommendation: go to the dealer and sit in both. I'm ordering leatherette for mine so I can add the metallic paint, sport pack, usb, and heated seats. Good luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
Perfect128
Perfect128
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 128i

I have not noticed any stickiness to the leatherette, but the interior had a strong new-car plastic smell for the first month or so.
Appreciate 0