BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
EverydayDriver
Rep
Drives: Depends on the Week.

Any 1M available for Filming in Salt Lake City?

Hello. I'm really hoping you guys can help me.

I co-host a car review show called "Everyday Driver". We make cinematic video reviews of cars available for around $50k and below.

EverydayDriver.com

We're based in Los Angeles and have been doing this for a few years now. I'm now living in Park City, Utah even though we still do the majority of our work out of LA.

Long story short - We're planning a Multi-M Car shoot the first weekend of October. We get cars from the Press Fleets and reserved both a 1M and the current M3 to bring to Utah.

Then, one of the big name outlets called the Press fleet and we've been outranked for the 1M. So, we have the current M3 and are getting the Prior M3 from a private owner. We'd still like to have a 1M involved in the shoot but must now look for an individual to help us out.

We've had private owners of many cars lend us their rides over the years, some have joined us for the shoots and others have just handed us the keys. Either way, they've been happy with the results (and are willing to share their experiences).

So I'm here asking for your help. If you're interested in having your car featured or could point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated. We're small, but well watched and respected in the auto-journalism world. And we'd welcome your thoughts on our show.

You can reach me directly here: Todd@EverydayDriverTV.com

Thanks in advance!

Todd
Co-Host
EverydayDriver.com
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
I smell a scam.... or is it the trash can????
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
EverydayDriver
Rep

Absolutely NOT a scam of any kind. If you'll go to our website you'll quickly see the quality of work that we do. We're long-time members of the Motor Press Guild (Largest collective of Automotive Journalists in North America). We're not random hooners looking for a joyride.

Unfortunately we've found ourselves in a bind with this 1M scheduling issue. Hoping someone here would be willing to have a longer conversation. We've got nothing to hide.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Now is it "lend," or "use for fee?" Wanna shoot in Connecticut then I can help you?

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayDriver View Post
Hello. I'm really hoping you guys can help me.

I co-host a car review show called "Everyday Driver". We make cinematic video reviews of cars available for around $50k and below.

EverydayDriver.com

We're based in Los Angeles and have been doing this for a few years now. I'm now living in Park City, Utah even though we still do the majority of our work out of LA.

Long story short - We're planning a Multi-M Car shoot the first weekend of October. We get cars from the Press Fleets and reserved both a 1M and the current M3 to bring to Utah.

Then, one of the big name outlets called the Press fleet and we've been outranked for the 1M. So, we have the current M3 and are getting the Prior M3 from a private owner. We'd still like to have a 1M involved in the shoot but must now look for an individual to help us out.

We've had private owners of many cars lend us their rides over the years, some have joined us for the shoots and others have just handed us the keys. Either way, they've been happy with the results (and are willing to share their experiences).

So I'm here asking for your help. If you're interested in having your car featured or could point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated. We're small, but well watched and respected in the auto-journalism world. And we'd welcome your thoughts on our show.

You can reach me directly here: Todd@EverydayDriverTV.com

Thanks in advance!

Todd
Co-Host
EverydayDriver.com

I have the only 1M in Utah. However it is still on the Ship. Due to be at my dealer around the 6th of October. I am not willing to hand over the keys or do any high speed driving with it since it's still not broken in.

The date my car gets delivered to me is past your shoot date anyway.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
EverydayDriver
Rep

MattM - Connecticut is a bit of a tough commute for us - Do appreciate it, though!

Redadair - COMPLETELY understand if you're just about to get yours! (And yes, it's past our scheduled shoot date as well...) Thanks for the mention and I'll PM you. Maybe something will work out down the line.

Thanks to you both.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
UnclePerkins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i (e90) TiAg

I have the only 1M in Idaho (I believe). I will not turn over the fob to anyone, but we may be able to arrange a photo shoot and some driving by me. I am beyond break-in period (I drove it home from South Carolina / Performance Center). Feel free to PM me to discuss. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
EverydayDriver
Rep

UnclePerkins - Would love to have a further conversation with you. If you're able to send me an email: Todd@EverydayDriverTV.com my response time will be far better.

Either way, I hope we'll connect on this.

Redadair - Would also like to connect with you in the Spring, once we all thaw out and your car is broken in a bit.

We greatly appreciate the contact with real enthusiasts!
Appreciate 0