BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Engineer View Post
Ah I see. Personally I'm rather averse to them. I'm pretty much ok with any options on a car, as long as it's MT and has no sunroof. Guess that's the weight weenie in me. I mean hey, I'm an aerospace engineer by trade, and we're practically allergic to weight (particularly weight that causes cg issues)

Haha nerdiest joke ever. Ha ha, I am a mechanical engineer as well !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Engineer View Post
Oh and hold up...is that a former Texas car? I think spy Texas registration/inspection stickers!
Yessir ! Picked it up in McKinney, TX. And drove back though colorado to salt lake which is an AMAZING drive. I have a bunch of photos of it, I will update this thread over the weekend with them. Very beautiful state, btw. Had never been to TX before.
      09-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #24
Texan Engineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i + ///M Sport Pkg

McKinney! Nice, thats right up the street from me (literally, I'm a few miles away in Grapevine - ok it's a bit more than a few miles, but hey everything is big in Texas).

Glad you enjoyed the drive back with your new car, and I hope we were hospitable while you were here I must say, crossing the Texas Panhandle is boring as mud - done it way too many times - but once you get to the Rockies it's gorgeous all the way. I especially like the bit on I80 heading west from Wyoming. I think that's the part cutting through the Wasatch mountains? Great skiing up there too - but you probably know that.
Appreciate 0