BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #177
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomzi View Post
I got the Naples, FL one locked down, thanks guys for sharing. It will be here next week ) No more unknowns to deal with or waiting until october :0...

one of the best (most useful) forums I have been on.
Was this for the VO one? If you don't mind us asking, did they budge on all the dealer forced extras? Or you didn't care and went with them?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #178
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
If anyone gets any tips, I'd love to have them......
How did turbo get one in three minutes and I've been trying since January.....
I had this information up for over a week.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #179
turbomzi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
Was this for the VO one? If you don't mind us asking, did they budge on all the dealer forced extras? Or you didn't care and went with them?
yes, it is. I have a long drive (1043 miles) just below break-in

I had to get the stuff, but at least, I am getting something in return of the extra money paid, it's not just a markup. the car itself is at MSRP, although, I don't care for the BMW apps or satellite radio or xylon (joke/scam) paint protection, but it didn't make too much of difference in my payments so I just went with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #180
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Quote:
How did turbo get one in three minutes and I've been trying since January.....
Oh trust me I have been on the hunt since February and had the same feeling as yours. Just keep trying and you will find one.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #181
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I had this information up for over a week.
Well, there's that and turbomzi was willing to pay for the premium asked. I mean, if you really, really, really want one there are some that are available now, but they are premiums attached to them. They are listed in the original post of this thread (which is updated fairly frequently).

Might want to jump on that one in Scottdale, if you haven't already. Or get on the in with turbomzi to work on taking his spot for October.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #182
texone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black Baron 1M

Quote:
One allocation should open up in flemington BMW here shortly. As soon as my order at FL is complete, I would try tomorrow or Friday. His name is Bill Hinton. Great dealer to deal with, October build and MSRP.
Thanks for the tip! I just got in line behind you at Flemington BMW with Bill Hinton so hopefully your place will fall to me - looks like it should. Then I can pull back my deposit elsewhere. Enjoy working your build and good luck patiently waiting for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #183
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

hello everyone!
its been a roller coaster ride for finding 1 m since last november.
is there anyone will be kind enough to give me a lead about an allocation for 1 m..
thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #184
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by texone View Post
Thanks for the tip! I just got in line behind you at Flemington BMW with Bill Hinton so hopefully your place will fall to me - looks like it should. Then I can pull back my deposit elsewhere. Enjoy working your build and good luck patiently waiting for it.
Your welcome! Good luck with the wait, hopefully you can be patient, I couldn't
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #185
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep

bdaddylo or m3 adjuster seem to be very helpful on this thread.. any help here.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #186
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
That's a tossup. I held out and got what i wanted for MSRP. 1K isn't a ton though...anything over that...just trouble. Think of it like this...why be upside-down on a car in this economy?!?!

Comeback - where did you secure your car from...what dealer? Buckeyegirl...good luck. I recently had a dealer in Raleigh run ALL available priority 2's and 3's and only TWO dealers came up...the MASS dealer (which I posted up) and the dealer where I got mine from...P&W. P&W BMW in Pittsburgh may get another allocation with NO MARKUP. Call and talk to Tom Morgan and tell him that Brandon told you to call Hope that helps!

Talk about someone doing you a solid.. TOTALLY cool that the rep did that for you. When I was making calls at one point, a guy offered to do that for me as well, but then the system was down (temporarily) and he did not.

As far as the 1K over.... I have to agree... that's a very minor upcharge that I think a lot of people would jump on, just to not be in limbo any more.

Quote:
Oh trust me I have been on the hunt since February and had the same feeling as yours. Just keep trying and you will find one.

Agreed.. it's SO frustrating to see someone else get an allocation when you are still in line... you say (type) congratulations... and then you mutter... Bastard... through gritted teeth...

Quote:

I would help, Buckeyegirl... . but I'm a Boilermaker...

Just kidding... couldn't resist that one.. Seriously though.. I would try and call on the car in Scottsdale that didnt sell yet if loaded is ok... But otherwise.. to be honest.. I think you should be ok if you are 4th in line at a big dealer and they have said that they KNOW they are getting 4 allocations.. especially if 2 have already been picked up..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-20-2011 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #187
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

Scottsdale

I did call them in Scottsdale. They were very nice and $15,000 over MSRP. They have VO and BSM on the lot this weekend.

Part of the allure of this car is to get ED. I know I might be asking too much, but if I can't drive it on the Autobahn..... where am I going to drive it that fast?

So the CA heard they were getting 4, but now that he is no longer working there..... I can't get anyone to verify that. It's a large dealership in Denver, but I'm a little worried that the part about them getting 4 was not accurate since no one will confirm that now.

PS if anyone wants to give me a private scoop. I'd take it.... can I do this..... leave my actual email address in the forum?
Looking for ED.

Last edited by buckeyegirl; 07-21-2011 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #188
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

Heads up everyone, Bluegrass BMW in Paducah, KY has an open allocation. I spoke with a saleswoman named Marla and they are asking for a $1k deposit and MSRP for the car, built to order. I want to say it was either a Sept or Oct build.

Now that I've got my build number elsewhere, someone call and snatch this one up! I did not put down a deposit so it's up for grabs. I will be calling Marla on Friday (she's not in tomo) to ensure my name is removed from the slot.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #189
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep

bmw of north scottsdale az is asking @69900. for a used vo with 335 miles on the clock
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #190
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

whoa, who picked up the phone there?

And that asking price for the VO in Scottsdale is just dumb.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #191
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

MMMMMM

I have a lead, not sharing unless it pans out.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #192
OneMmmm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
DITTO!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #193
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Part of the allure of this car is to get ED. I know I might be asking too much, but if I can't drive it on the Autobahn..... where am I going to drive it that fast?

PS if anyone wants to give me a private scoop. I'd take it.... can I do this..... leave my actual email address in the forum?
buckeyestacy@gmail.com Looking for ED.
You won't be able to reach Autobahn speeds until after the 1,200 miles break in period. The 1M's allure is not straight line speed, rather its handling and balance.

I spoke to a salesman today regarding ED and he said they do lose "back-end" money when they do it which is part of the price difference between MSRP and ED MSRP. Pretty much all of the small dealerships receiving only one allocation will not extend you ED MSRP pricing as they will want to maximize their profit on their only allocation. If you've got to have ED, I'm sure they are willing to do it at MSRP pricing.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #194
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hope it works out. I can't help you because I'm a Bengal Tiger. SEC rules!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #195
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
      07-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #196
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

the hell? did i just miss out on a giant swap of availability? damnit.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #197
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
the hell? did i just miss out on a giant swap of availability? damnit.
LOL... sorry.. not laughing at you.. but your comment is funny.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #198
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
You won't be able to reach Autobahn speeds until after the 1,200 miles break in period. The 1M's allure is not straight line speed, rather its handling and balance.

I spoke to a salesman today regarding ED and he said they do lose "back-end" money when they do it which is part of the price difference between MSRP and ED MSRP. Pretty much all of the small dealerships receiving only one allocation will not extend you ED MSRP pricing as they will want to maximize their profit on their only allocation. If you've got to have ED, I'm sure they are willing to do it at MSRP pricing.

Buckeye... if you want to do ED... then you will need to get a slot right away... ED dates have been running near 90 days out. Right now, that would be middle of October.... great for cheap plane flights.. but weather will likely be rainy in Germany... and getting into November would mean possible snow..

As far as obtaining ED MSRP... it really is dealer dependent... the dealer " back end money " is a smoke screen.... yes it exists.. I understand that... but the simple facts is that cars are sold at discounts all the time.... it really comes down to how greedy the sales manager/sales person is... I literally talked to a 100 or more dealers .. and the ones that would not do ED MSRP were in the minority... Keep in mind that I did not call places like CA, AZ, etc and mostly focused on the midwest and south.
Appreciate 0