BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2024, 12:00 AM   #1
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

2011 135i DCT, 66k miles. Blue on Black.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 15,000.00

Item Interest
Contact Info:
WhatsADSM@yahoo.com
414-215-0818

The day has finally come for me to put up my BMW E82 (2011) 135i DCT with 66k miles. Blue with black leather interior. No nav.
I am just too busy with work and kids to really drive it let alone enjoy it. These days it basically sits in the garage and gets driven every once in a blue moon just to keep things moving.

General History:
I live near Milwaukee, purchased the car in 2016 (I believe) from a dealer in Gainesville, FL. It had a perfect Carfax and only a single owner before me. So the car has no accidents, 2 owners, and it has never seen snow in its life (its only ever been a summer car for me).
I purchased this after an E90 M3 I had. I LOVED the DCT in that car and decided I wanted to get another car with that transmission and would use the car as a summer fun car and do a light build on it so it could handle some track days along with being a street car. I only ended up taking it to 2 track days though as life started to get in the way.
At some point in 2020 I stopped using it regularly as I had to work on swapping the OFHG, oil pan gasket, and get it emissions tested. I eventually got everything fixed but needed to get it emissions tested but lost interest and didn't want to spend time swapping the cat back in the car for the test and it has essentially been a garage queen with occasional little trips around the neighborhood.

Modifications:
The car has a mild build to make it track worthy. Lots of tasteful and "labor of love" modifications (Every possible M3 arm, 1M parts, subframe bushings, etc.). I don't even want to think about the money, or worse time, I have into this thing.

*Power*
- VRSF intercooler
- VRSF charge pipe
- VRSF catless downpipe
- K&N Drop-in air filter
- MHD flash tune (stage 1, stage 2, and a custom tune)

*Cooling*
- Custom (track capable) oil cooler setup: Setrab cooler, Turner housing adapter, custom stainless lines, and bracket
- CSF Radiator (also includes the built in DCT cooler)

*Brakes*
- F30 335i 4 pot Brembo upgrade (yes they are better than the brittle stock 6 pots). Painted blue.
- Pilenga F30 335i semi-floating slotted rotors
- Stoptech front and rear stainless lines
- PFC08 front and rear brake pads
- Castrol SRF (but it should be changed at this point)
- Custom brake cooling (can be used on the street as well)

*Suspension*
- Whiteline rear subframe bushings (KDT917)
- OEM E9x M3 front control arm upgrade
- OEM E9x M3 rear guide rods
- OEM E9x M3 rear upper arms
- OEM E9x M3 rear ABS bracket
- OEM E82 1M front strut brace
- Megan rear toe arms
- Monroe rear upper strut mount
- ST (KW) XTA Coilovers. Convertable spec rear springs for a little more neutral balance. These also include adjustable top hats for further camber adjustment, they are single adjustable and have height adjustment as well. They are the highest spec of KWs cheaper "ST" brand. Essentially they are essentially KW V2 like valving but with a single adjustment point (that does both compression and rebound) but in a standard steel body and not the iconel the normal KWs are in.
- Aligned and corner balanced.

*Interior and Other*
- OEM E9x M3 steering wheel
- Custom E9x aluminum paddles with custom brackets.
- Some coding... I can't quite remember what I did. A few track related things like turning off the brake over temp protection and disabled TPMS... can't remember what else?!
- Some cheapy halo kit to make the halos slightly brighter.

Recent maintainence stuff:
- OFHG
- Oil pan gasket
- Water pump
- Serpentine belt
- Plugs
- Passenger door lock assembly replaced
- New valvetronic actuator

Good:
- In general pretty low mileage considering the year.
- Mechanically runs well, engine pulls fine transmission shifts fantastic (the DCT is an absolute gem!)
- No codes or anything beyond just the code for the lack of cat (which I can flash away with MHD if needed)
- Runs strong and has plenty of power. If I recall the virtual dynos I did years ago had it around 340-350whp which is right where it should be.
- Its an N55 car so supposedly slightly less issues than the N54s
- On track its pretty solid. Never gave me any major issues. Brakes were bullet proof. Mostly kept itself cool. FWIW ran 1:43 at Gingerman, which was only 3 seconds behind my slicked out E90 M3.
- Body is solid considering its 12+ years old, and there is zero rust to speak of.
- Includes a bunch of the original parts like suspension.

Bad:
- One emissions code for the lack of cat converter (does include stock downpipe incase you want to swap back to stock).
- Dash shows a picture of lights with an explanation mark. Only happens at night after a few turns. I was told by a BMW tech that this likely means the turning headlights no longer work, although they do point straight today and are fine.
- 3rd brake light doesn't work. Have new OEM part but haven't had the time to change.
- A few dings/scratches on the outside. One on the rear bumper, and a larger ding on the passenger door where something fell on it in the garage (might be a PDR candidate, I don't know?!)
- Front bumper has the clearcoat flaking off.
- Rear seat has a small area where the stitching is starting to come apart (about half and inch to an inch long). Probably a simple enough fix for someone who knows how to do that.
- Pea sized crack in the front windshield. Got it the day I bought on the way back from FL... FML. I had it filled and I don't think its gotten any bigger.

Last edited by WhatsADSM; 04-24-2024 at 12:10 AM..
Appreciate 0