BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Conversion

Powerful Angel Eyes or Too Much?

Just a guess, but would these run way too hot and burnout quick?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-XT-E-CH...-/321233637334

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

I don't think that is the case

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Those won't be good
The LEDs aren't focused in the right area.
These are identical to lux V3 and the same price.
I have these currently and compared them to a lux and they were identical disbursement
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141125096661?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
XHRL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYohay View Post
Those won't be good
The LEDs aren't focused in the right area.
These are identical to lux V3 and the same price.
I have these currently and compared them to a lux and they were identical disbursement
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141125096661?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
any pics of these on your car? thinking of buying a set instead of expensive Lux LEDs... much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
XHRL
Private
Rep

oh and obviously buy 2 of them? 2 bulbs on each side of the headlight?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
JuuS
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHRL View Post
oh and obviously buy 2 of them? 2 bulbs on each side of the headlight?
No, do NOT buy four.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

LOL. Oh those things are crap!!!! First off they are lying to you because they are not even Cree LED's. they are probably some no name companies rip off and are not efficient and wont last. As well there is no metal surface area on them so they are probably supplying minimal power, which means minimal output. I'd bet those are 1/4 the brightness of a stock H8 bulb.

Please don't waste your money on those and go for something better!!!!!!! Our LUX H8 V4 Angel Eyes are the brightest on the market and are still 100% plug and play and error free
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep

These have the newer design and are $75 shipped

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...148457010.html

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Why bother buying something from there when you have NO clue what you are getting. Your best off buying from a reputable company that has tons of reviews. I doubt there is any warranty or support from the aliexpress company
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
csow
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport 6MT

I still want to see a side by side comparison of the PIAAs and the LUX V4s
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep

I'm sure the LUX are a great product, but aren't worth the difference in price FOR ME. Others may feel differently and that's fine too. This isn't a thread to advertise your own product.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
XHRL
Private
Rep

I'm fine with stock piss-yellow angel eyes to be honest, just wanted to try them since I don't mind putting up $100, if they suck, I'll just return them and get my money back less shipping through Ebay.

and not interested in spending more cash on LEDs, already spent a good amount on a Nitecore TM15 and a TM26 (soon to be sold, too damn bright)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensto View Post
I'm sure the LUX are a great product, but aren't worth the difference in price FOR ME. Others may feel differently and that's fine too. This isn't a thread to advertise your own product.
Honestly i'd rather see you buy a product from another vendor here than to buy the first product linked here. I hate to see people waste money on garbage, thats all.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Honestly i'd rather see you buy a product from another vendor here than to buy the first product linked here. I hate to see people waste money on garbage, thats all.
Thank you for your concern

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
JYohay
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
Quote:
Ive bought plenty of LED angel eyes in my day. Every person I know whose had lux v3s has had to have them repaired. Some more than once.
Lux can say they are special all they want but they just buy it from the same Chinese factories everyone else does. I've tested plenty of bulbs and the current one I have that I gt for $60 is identical in construction to lux. V3 besides having a different resistor box.
I actually just ordered a set of color changing Lux v4 replicas and am excited to compare them to actual lux v4 that are $76 more expensive. The replicas actually don't use their stupid 4 switch design but have a push button color switch.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ive bought plenty of LED angel eyes in my day. Every person I know whose had lux v3s has had to have them repaired. Some more than once.
Lux can say they are special all they want but they just buy it from the same Chinese factories everyone else does. I've tested plenty of bulbs and the current one I have that I gt for $60 is identical in construction to lux. V3 besides having a different resistor box.
I actually just ordered a set of color changing Lux v4 replicas and am excited to compare them to actual lux v4 that are $76 more expensive. The replicas actually don't use their stupid 4 switch design but have a push button color switch.
The LUX H8 V4 angel eyes have not had the same problems that the V3's did, and anyways we always replaced them without question if there was a problem.

Actually no your 100% wrong about your 2nd line. we do NOT buy from the same factories as everyone else, and we have 100% control over our product. We had designed everything, tested it and have full control over every part of this. Please do not make assumptions about our company because unlike all the rest of the vendors here, we actually produce our own lights. Every other product out there is a Copy of our product! They are made by a small handful of companies in china that simlly reversed engineered our products and used cheaper and crappier parts. The construction is NOT the same, not even close!!!!! I personally dont understand why someone would put a product in their car that is not fused, its like putting a time bomb in your car. If your calling it a resistor box than that also just shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge about the topic

As for the Replica product that you bought, expect them to be dim. and you are going to get some serious hotspots of colors. There is nothing stupid about the dip switches that we used either. I'd like to see some proof that a push button is less "stupid" then a dip switch. your statement has no meaning is is simply your way of interjecting an insult.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
JYohay
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
Quote:
The LUX H8 V4 angel eyes have not had the same problems that the V3's did, and anyways we always replaced them without question if there was a problem.

Actually no your 100% wrong about your 2nd line. we do NOT buy from the same factories as everyone else, and we have 100% control over our product. We had designed everything, tested it and have full control over every part of this. Please do not make assumptions about our company because unlike all the rest of the vendors here, we actually produce our own lights. Every other product out there is a Copy of our product! They are made by a small handful of companies in china that simlly reversed engineered our products and used cheaper and crappier parts. The construction is NOT the same, not even close!!!!! I personally dont understand why someone would put a product in their car that is not fused, its like putting a time bomb in your car. If your calling it a resistor box than that also just shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge about the topic

As for the Replica product that you bought, expect them to be dim. and you are going to get some serious hotspots of colors. There is nothing stupid about the dip switches that we used either. I'd like to see some proof that a push button is less "stupid" then a dip switch. your statement has no meaning is is simply your way of interjecting an insult.
You don't have control of your factory selling product out the back door and doing moon light shifts.
This happens in every industry from iPhone cases to nike shoes.
I pit one of your lights in one headlight and a replica in another and they were exactly the same output and the physical bulb was identical

You did replace bulbs but that doesn't refute the quality issues that you say you don't have compared to the "crap" your competition sells.

The switches just do not seem to portray the quality and elegance that I thought your company had.
It's very analog.

I have nothing against your company.

All I am saying is I've tested bulbs against your V3s and there are many alternatives at 1/3 the price that work just as good or even better
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You don't have control of your factory selling product out the back door and doing moon light shifts.
This happens in every industry from iPhone cases to nike shoes.
I pit one of your lights in one headlight and a replica in another and they were exactly the same output and the physical bulb was identical

You did replace bulbs but that doesn't refute the quality issues that you say you don't have compared to the "crap" your competition sells.

The switches just do not seem to portray the quality and elegance that I thought your company had.
It's very analog.

I have nothing against your company.

All I am saying is I've tested bulbs against your V3s and there are many alternatives at 1/3 the price that work just as good or even better
What i meant by we have control of the factory is that we are telling them what to make, how to make it, etc. in comparison with other vendors who are only reselling a product made by someone else. Most vendors dont even know where their products come from.

The v3's are not a product thats discontinued, so theres no reason to talk about them anymore, the V4's have been on the market since mid-year and they have not had failures.

The dip switches we found to be the most logical and sensible solution to the adjustable colors. It is easiest to set the 2 sides the same. The power supply gets tucked away anyways so it doesnt matter as long as it works correctly. The elegant thing about the V4 lights is their light output, which is unmatched!

Please tell me how the light output is the same between these products below. This is a 20w brand which you says is just as good if not better. This picture was taken about an hour before sunset and the shutter speed was high so that it was more realistic. The difference in person was even more dramatic. the 20W brand was so hard to get a picture of as well because of its flickering and most pictures we took appeared like it was off.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep

Please take your dispute elsewhere and get out of this thread. Exchange numbers and argue. This isn't a LUX-bashing thread.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #20
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please take your dispute elsewhere and get out of this thread. Exchange numbers and argue. This isn't a LUX-bashing thread.
I apologize for that. I was originally only trying to help to avoid you frustration in buying the original product.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
Stohlen
Major
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Jesus Lux... this isnt the place for you to be spamming. Make your own thread touting your product.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
JYohay
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
What i meant by we have control of the factory is that we are telling them what to make, how to make it, etc. in comparison with other vendors who are only reselling a product made by someone else. Most vendors dont even know where their products come from.

The v3's are not a product thats discontinued, so theres no reason to talk about them anymore, the V4's have been on the market since mid-year and they have not had failures.

The dip switches we found to be the most logical and sensible solution to the adjustable colors. It is easiest to set the 2 sides the same. The power supply gets tucked away anyways so it doesnt matter as long as it works correctly. The elegant thing about the V4 lights is their light output, which is unmatched!

Please tell me how the light output is the same between these products below. This is a 20w brand which you says is just as good if not better. This picture was taken about an hour before sunset and the shutter speed was high so that it was more realistic. The difference in person was even more dramatic. the 20W brand was so hard to get a picture of as well because of its flickering and most pictures we took appeared like it was off.

The link I chose was just the first link I found. If you step up to the $90 price there are ones with 40w. I have not personally tested those but one can assume they are better.
I chose the link I chose side it was the same price as the OPs bulb in question.
Your whole rant about having a fuse is pretty stupid. The OEM circuit is already fused so adding a fuse is overkill.

Your photo is just a marketing ploy.
How much more biased can the evidence be.
You don't show what bulb is in there.and for all we know all you did was rotate the other bulb a few degrees in the housing to make it seem more dim.
I did my own un-biased test between my bulbs and a bulb that my friend had left over (since the ther one failed) and found them to not be any difference in performance and my 3 friends agreed.
All I am saying is your price is not worth the extra up charge with all the bulbs that have hit the market.

Everyone considers your bulbs to be te best names brand bulbs on the market.
But the reality is you can get the same results for a lot less
Appreciate 0