BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
JSILVER135I
Private
Rep
Drives: SILVER 135I, MSPORT PKG

car feels funny!! unplanted and wonders all over!!

so my car is a 2009 135i. it has roughly 34,000 kms on it! i have the Mpkg so i have the 215/40/18'S in the front and the 245/35/18'S in the rear! Presently i have my snow tires on all 4 corners and they are the recommended 17" conversion size of 205/50/17! my winter tires that are on there are non runflats and they are Barum Polaris 2,

anyways im noticing that the car doesnt feel "planted" to the ground at all and it actually feels rather floaty and bouncy! it doesnt feel like theres any play in the steering at all but the car seems to never wanna go in a straight line?? for 90% of the time it wants to wonder over to the left but when it does wonder to the left it doesnt pull the steering wheel like im used to with ruts in the road! it just kinda makes its way over to the left with the steering wheel staying straight! i feel like im constantly correcting the steering wheel to keep the car going straight!! annoying!!!!!!!!! also maybe its just me but i also feel like the car is leaning a bit to the drivers side???? and when i hit bumps in the road its almost like the car dips down on the drivers side and bounces to the left!! everything seems to make this car go left but yet the steering wheel never ever budges from center?? nothing that ive described here is violent in there actions.. when i hit the bumps it doesnt "throw" the car to the left it just kinda knocks it off its straight path and makes it start to go left!

i was just wondering if you guys think it sounds like something is broken or if it needs an alignment or if the suspension tuning/tire combo is just way off? ive heard people talking about warped hubs or bushing in the suspension!
any ideas
thx jamie
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Sounds like the alignment (toe probably). Just a guess though. I would take it to an alignment shop. I'm sure the dealer has the setup as well.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0