BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Makes sense for the 335 crowd who want to do track days, good option for them over the stock brake setup.

I would have thought that the 135 crew would stick with the OEM Brembo's and go for a better pad and fluid combination. Do the 1M rotors fit? They'd be a good value for money upgrade if you just threw in good fluid and a set of Pagid (insert brand X) pads. Probably be out of it for under $1k.
Hey Benny,

your assessment of the 1 & 3 Series braking capability is pretty much on the money.

I have BMW Performance rotors on the front of my car, Hawk DTC 70 and DTC 60 brake pads front and rear respectively, Goodridge G-stop stainless steel brake line all around and run Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

The above setup cost me around $1,500 and indeed works, as the car is capable of some impressive negative g's under hard braking at the track and there is no brake fade to speak of.

But and at 380 mm it is a HUGE but...

I would dearly love to have those bad arse 380 mm front rotors and 345 mm rear rotors, under my 19" wheels for the "bling" factor alone.

I am not one to do garish cosmetic mods, but I would not consider the above "Nashin Big Brake Kit" to be garish at all.

It's a very serious bit of kit that looks like it means business and when pulled up at a set of traffic lights, it would accompany my OS Giken twin-plate rattle quite nicely.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-20-2012 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I think I made a mess of myself after seeing those

Haha,

they are indeed sexy.

You cannot deny the WOW factor that exists with this kit.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Are there any rotor replacement from Nashin Justin? or you pretty much need to get the whole kit?
Hey mate,

as Peter has said, "you can purchase any item for the Nashin brake system from rotors to the rubber bleeder cover."

Advan performance has a very strong long standing relationship with Nashin, as a result of the many Skyline GTR race cars they have built over the years.

Peter's contact at the headquarters in Taiwan would seem to be very professional and efficient. He has meet her personally on several occasions in lieu of trade shows he has travelled to and she is only a phone call or email away.

I have reviewed the "spare parts" list for the Nashin brake systems, it's very extensive to say the least.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #26
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
back OT how do these work with the factory brake sensor?
Hey Paul,

I will talk to Pete and get back to you on that.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
The brakes look good. Seen them in person and very nicely crafted.
Thanks Stu,

when I first saw the 380 mm front floating rotor and 6 piston mono-bloc caliper assembly, I was super impressed too.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #28
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Seen these in person and my god they're very nice.

Thinking of getting a set from Pete when:
* I'm due for replacement
* I come to Sydney next.
Hey Alex,

how have you been, how is Canberra treating you mate?

You will not fit the 380 mm rotor under your 18" wheel, however the 355 mm rotor will be fine.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #29
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tit View Post
That's a great price! Do you know the weights of the components compared to the stock brakes?
Thanks mate,

I am not sure of the exact weights, I will have to get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
You definitely need to be running 19s with this BBK?
With the 380 mm front rotor yes, 19's are definitely required.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #30
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Brakes look horn!
I'd be keen on something similar that would fit under my OEM 18" 261 wheels - or even under a set of 17x8 track rims. Don't want to fit 19's
Hey Tim,

no problem, we have got you covered...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #31
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

I know this is the 1 Series forum after all, as such very few 135i owners will be running 19" wheels, especially at a track day.

As an alternative to the 380 mm front rotor we can do a 18" wheel friendly, 355 and 330 mm combination.

The front rotor would be 32 mm in thickness and we would use the N5 (6 piston) caliper, as seen in the below graphic.

The rear rotor would be 28 mm in thickness and the N3 (4 piston) caliper would be used.

FYI,

we can also substitute the 2-piece "floating" rotor for a 1-piece "fixed" rotor assembly, at a significant cost saving over the floating unit.

The fixed rotor is made from the same material as its big brother, it's also heavily ventilated and whilst it does not have have the exact same resistance to distortion under extreme conditions, as a result of thermal expansion and contraction, it's still very durable and a certainly a worthy upgrade over the OE rotor.

I am still working out pricing on the above kits, but perhaps Pete would consider doing another introductory offer, for the first two 135i customers that purchase a 355/330 mm kit, with either a floating or fixed rotor design.

We have some 355/330 mm rotors at the workshop purchased by GTR customers, I will take some pics and illustrate the difference between the Nashin rotors and that of the BMW OE units.

Lastly here is an image that illustrates the many colours the Nashin calipers are available in and also pics that show the "fixed" rotor design, verse that of the "floating".

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-20-2012 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #32
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Thanks for the update!

Any pricing on the rotors and kit setup that works on 18" Justin?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #33
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update!

Any pricing on the rotors and kit setup that works on 18" Justin?
Hey Rey and Gents,

after crunching the numbers on the above 355 mm/6 piston front & 330 mm/4 piston rear "floating" rotor combination,

I think we can offer you guys an introductory price of $3,395.00 inclusive of GST, but exclusive of fitment.

Now I say "think" because I am working off an old pricing quotation and when comparing what we paid for Pete's BBK, versus what I am seeing on the not so recent price list, the numbers do not quite add up.

However we will speak to Irene at Nashin on Monday to confirm the correct pricing and hopefully the above figure will remain unchanged, but I CANNOT guarantee that.

FYI,

there is a reduction in pricing as you decrease rotor size, whilst also retaining the use of the "floating" rotor assembly and a similar 6 or 4 piston mono-bloc caliper setup.

However your purchase cost can be further decreased by swapping out the "floating" rotor, for the 1-piece "fixed" rotor as I mentioned previously.

But I will refrain from posting up any further kit prices, until I am certain we are not stitching ourselves up, with regards our true cost price.

The above price will stand for the time being and please note that we are also including a set of front and rear replacement pads of your choice, at no extra cost to you.

Lastly an intro' price for the first 2 sets that are suitable for a 18" wheel, will be valid regardless of a floating or fixed rotor design and yes of course I still have to post up the prices, for a 1-piece fixed rotor kit that works on a 18" wheel and the original 19" wheel 380 mm front/345 mm rear combination.

I will try to finalise pricing on the above by the middle of next week.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-20-2012 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #34
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi guys,

after speaking to Irene of Nashin yesterday, I am happy to announce that our introductory pricing of $3,395.00 on the above mentioned kit, is confirmed!

There is one small change however, that being with regards the complementary set of front and rear brake pads we are supplying.

We are still including the free pads in the kit, but they will be the "Street" version.

You may request the "Sport" or "Competition" version, however there will be an additional fee on either one, with cost to be determined shortly.

Lastly the 355/32 mm front & 330/28 mm rear kit with 6 piston & 4 piston N-Series calipers respectively, can be supplied with a 1-piece "fixed" rotor for just $2,795.00 inclusive of GST.

The same replacement set of front and rear "Street" pads will also be included at no additional cost and of course the kit includes all the required mounting hardware, fasteners, braided brake lines etc. as previously illustrated.

I will post up some comparo pics shortly of the Nashin 355 mm rotor and the BMW 135i Performance rotor.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-20-2012 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #35
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Can't wait to see the updates
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #36
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Can't wait to see the updates
Hey mate,

I have not had a chance to take any comparison pics of the Nashin 355 mm front rotor and the BMW 135i Performance rotor, as the OE rotor went missing.

I will have to try to locate it.

In the meantime here our some further pics of the 380 mm front and 345 mm rear setup that is on Peter's 335i.

These were taken during a close inspection of the brake system, following the Eastern Creek track day.

Yes,

of course that massive front 380 mm floating rotor and 6 piston N7 mono-bloc caliper will not fit under a 18" wheel, but damn it's an impressive bit of kit.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Those look great. How was the braking power/performance that day on the track? I assume if I were to track my 128i 2-3 tmes a year, fixed would be perfectly fine right?

Since those are the floating rotors, could we next see some "fixed rotors" in both 380 and 355 sizes against the OE bmw performance kit?

Also, how is the brake dust buildup?

Any chance we can see some other caliper colours besides silver. black, white, red and golden would be great
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #38
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Those look great. How was the braking power/performance that day on the track? I assume if I were to track my 128i 2-3 tmes a year, fixed would be perfectly fine right?

Since those are the floating rotors, could we next see some "fixed rotors" in both 380 and 355 sizes against the OE bmw performance kit?

Also, how is the brake dust buildup?

Any chance we can see some other caliper colours besides silver. black, white, red and golden would be great
Hey mate,

with regards the performance of the Nashin BBK at the track day, I believe the whole the system was superb and worked flawlessly.

Peter told me that the kit we have fitted up to his 335i, was the most confidence enspiring braking system he has ever used around a race track, full-stop! No pun intended.

Yes, for a car that is not developing a huge amount of power, there will be less speed to wash off prior to cornering, so a one-piece "fixed rotor" will be adequate for your application, as the rotor and caliper should not be subjected to extreme temperatures, that the "floating" rotor is designed to withstand.

The "fixed rotor" is not available in a 380 mm version, the largest available is 355 x 32 mm.

I will have to ask Peter about the level of brake dust from the "Sport" pads he is using, but from what I can see it does not appear to be bad at all.

Lastly I speak to Irene at Nashin and see if she can line up a N7 or N5 6 piston caliper of varying colours and take a few pretty pictures for you guys.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-20-2012 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #39
kmli5
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Would the 355 front/ 330 rear kit fit a 130i?

thanks
Ken
      05-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #40
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55

Would the rotors itself fit our factory 135 calipers?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #41
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Would the rotors itself fit our factory 135 calipers?
not a chance, I think justin did a side by side photo somewhere of his rotor next to the nashin and iirc the nashin is about 50% fatter
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #42
Otaku
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lemon Chicken

I agree with the consensus... These look like mild hentai, and I don't blame Rai for venting his slot

Those rims look pretty damn clean after a track day!!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #43
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey mate,

with regards the performance of the Nashin BBK at the track day, I believe the whole the system was superb and worked flawlessly.

Peter told me that the kit we have fitted up to his 335i, was the most confidence enspiring braking system he has ever used around a race track, full-stop! No pun intended.

Yes, for a car that is not developing a huge amount of power, there will be less speed to wash off prior to cornering, so a one-piece "fixed rotor" will be adequate for your application, as the rotor and caliper should not be subjected to extreme temperatures, that the "floating" rotor is designed to withstand.

The "fixed rotor" is not available in a 380 mm version, the largest available is 355 x 32 mm.

I will have to ask Peter about the level of brake dust from the "Sport" pads he is using, but from what I can see it does not appear to be bad at all.

Lastly I speak to Irene at Nashin and see if she can line up a N7 or N5 6 piston caliper of varying colours and take a few pretty pictures for you guys.

Cheers,

JD.
Great to hear. Can't wait to see the other caliper colours and fixed 355x32mm rotor
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #44
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
Would the 355 front/ 330 rear kit fit a 130i?

thanks
Ken
Hey Ken,

after reviewing the application guide, I believe a 355 mm front & 330 mm rear kit is suitable.

Are you running 18" or 17" wheels and what is the year model of your 130i?

I can double check the exact specs with Nashin if you are interested.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0