BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #23
MaC-N54-E82
G82 Love
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is
Einzett cockpit premium and leather masters for leather. I've tried more products than I can possibly name, and those two are the best I've used.
X2

Both fantastic products
Also: FJ60, Volvo Recharge
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #24
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
this stuff is ridiculously bad. I posted an angry review on amazon about it....lol. I didn't mention you in it.....although I COULD edit it if you'd like

he sold his car? wtf
I have never heard this before, nor is it mentioned in any reviews I've seen. Maybe someone pissed in your bottle.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 12:59 AM   #25
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
I have never heard this before, nor is it mentioned in any reviews I've seen. Maybe someone pissed in your bottle.
it smells like cheap dollar-store cleaner mixed with puke. i found other reviews online also complaining about the smell....just nasty.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 01:05 AM   #26
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
it smells like cheap dollar-store cleaner mixed with puke. i found other reviews online also complaining about the smell....just nasty.
Maybe you got a bad batch. I've gone through a few bottles and it smells nothing like puke.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #27
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I am an Aerospace 303 fan as well.
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #28
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

I have bought AF Revive, but haven't used it yet.

Has anyone used a BMW interior clea er though?
      05-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #29
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon

I just bought the BMW cleaner and it smells great after the Einzshit experience....seems to clean really well too.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #30
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Does it have that new car smell?
      05-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #31
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post

Interesting. I had never heard of/seen the revive, so just looked into it since i have several AF products. How come you went with that? Seems like it leaves a pretty wet look and mostly seen it used on exterior trim pieces, though some don't like the smell, so you may want to take a whiff before you put it on the interior.

If you like the AF products though, their crystal glass cleaner is exceptional, best stuff I've ever used hands down, and the Spritz interior detailer works great as an interior detail spray that leaves no sheen/shine at all and smells great. They also make a total interior cleaner which is a little stronger than the spritz, so cleans better and also works great on the carpets and floormats as I learned last week. Got a lil spot of mud off my floormat, and sprayed a bit over the whole floor mat, quick wipe with a microfiber towel and I swear, the entire floormat looks brand new. Was looking a little dingy beforehand.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #32
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
Does it have that new car smell?
it does have a smell which smells like something from the factory.....definitely! doesn't smell like ordinary cleaners. I'm not sure if it's exactly 'new car smell', but it doesn't smell like a cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #33
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Interesting. I had never heard of/seen the revive, so just looked into it since i have several AF products. How come you went with that? Seems like it leaves a pretty wet look and mostly seen it used on exterior trim pieces, though some don't like the smell, so you may want to take a whiff before you put it on the interior.

If you like the AF products though, their crystal glass cleaner is exceptional, best stuff I've ever used hands down, and the Spritz interior detailer works great as an interior detail spray that leaves no sheen/shine at all and smells great. They also make a total interior cleaner which is a little stronger than the spritz, so cleans better and also works great on the carpets and floormats as I learned last week. Got a lil spot of mud off my floormat, and sprayed a bit over the whole floor mat, quick wipe with a microfiber towel and I swear, the entire floormat looks brand new. Was looking a little dingy beforehand.
So you made me go to the garage to see what I had bought... And it is actually AF Dressle, sorry for the mistake, Greg. I've used it only on the engine alongside with some Sonax trim restorer, which is great as well, and it didn't give it that shiny look to it. I was debating between Spritz and Dressle, but since Dressle is quite new in the AF lineup and not many people have tried as far as I know, I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to try it tomorrow and will post some pictures. I'm doing a full detail with paint correction on the car, by the way.

I have had AF Citrus Power, Dressle and Lather shampoo (2014 formula) bought a month ago. Citrus Power was a let down, imho. It gets rave reviews from all over the world how great it is, blah blah, but I just coudn't get good results from it. Maybe a pump sprayer would help me. Don't know.
Lather is good, before that I had Chemical Guys Glossworkz which, being my first proper shampoo, I totally loved. It really gave the car some more gloss immediately. Lather seems to be as good as CG G., smells (CG didn't) after some fruit and feels slick.

For carpets and cloth, I have got Meguiar's Interior Cleaner or whatever it is called. Again, haven't used it yet. Polishing the paint takes so much time it is unbelievable.

Quote:
it does have a smell which smells like something from the factory.....definitely! doesn't smell like ordinary cleaners. I'm not sure if it's exactly 'new car smell', but it doesn't smell like a cleaner.
Well, thanks. Might get it if the previously mentioned AF product disappoints me. I love the new car smell!