BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

VTT Turbo: Make a Guess whether a good or bad comments is coming?

Hi Guys, just make a Guess whether there are more happy or unhappy customers from buying a VTT turbo?

I will review my experience soon lol....
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
I think they make decent products, but the way they've dealt with customers has left a bad taste in some peoples mouth's. I think they're stage 3 is a solid product.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
Hi Guys, just make a Guess whether there are more happy or unhappy customers from buying a VTT turbo?

I will review my experience soon lol....
Is this a joke? It's been 3 days, no update, explanation, nada...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

From what I read elsewhere, VTT product failed to perform in a big, very expensive way. Met with typical Tony Vargas indifference too.
      04-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Was posting on other forum http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253136

I think im one of the craziest guy on earth to trust Tony(VTT), if there is a problem with his product he will also give you hundred & one reason to push away his liability & said there is nothing wrong with it. But no matter what we do we wouldnt get his turbos working after more than a year of testing it with different set up. I didnt give up till there are no more other options left so i need to send the turbos back to him for checking, guess what? after more than 2 months of waiting there isnt any solution provided. Ask him for a answer & his replied was always we will check & get back to you ASAP. When exactly will he spend a little time to look at it nobody knows? Lucky i got my stock turbos with me (he wanted me to trade in my existing turbos but i didnt) or my $600k brand new car will be stuck in the workshop for his long & non ending wait. Below is what we have tested for the past 1 year+ on his turbos & my email to him to ask for help after the finally testing. Of course before this email there are more correspondence between us especially those that he claimed there is nothing wrong with his turbos LOL....

Hi Tony, how are you hope everything is fine.

i would like to let you know that i couldnt get your turbo working with my car, we have install it & dismantle out for at least 5times.

1st install with just a piggyback jb3 & it didnt work as you know.

2nd install with a piggyback jb3 stage 2 with meth & it didnt work too.

3rd install it with BR TUNE flash ECU ( I SENT BOTH MY ECU TO BR FOR THE FLASH) we install it & it wouldnt work too.

4th install I stack the latest JB4 with the BR flash (using the JB4 to adjust extra boost with the BR tune) & didnt able to get it work again.

5th install I waited till (BURGER TUNING TERRY) JB4 came out with the BCM (boost control module) & im so happy to hook your turbo back knowing that it is finally able to work BUT to my suprised it didnt work too!

The wheels are way too too big & it start to spool only after 4000rpm & i think it will only fully spool when it past 5800rpm, the car will feel very very lag & it was much much slower than stock turbo.

No matter what we do we just cant get it work at all, i have even pay my tuner to purchase a sets of DIMSPORT tuning software to custom tune my ECU.

But no matter what we do we just cant get it boost to the target we set, we set the target at 25psi & the turbo will only reach 18-20psi. The wheel are also very loose & worst still is whenever we hook up the turbo it will consume oil & the exhaust will come out with white smoke!

I have never give up using your turbo from day 1, im always waiting for the right tools to make it work. But i dont think it will work after so many times of trying it. We have all the tools that will make the stock turbo boost to the max(28-30psi) or more but not with yours, so do let me know how best you can assist with it?

I may have to send the turbo back to you cos there is no way to make your turbo work with this engine, i suppose there isnt any R&D & no one know whether will it work in the 1st place.

Await for your reply, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:27 AM   #6
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Ouch VTT
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Tony's replied after I post my experience with his product.

(You think I honestly am upset that you are posting that. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I do not even have time to look, nor do I care)

OMG this is by far the most incorrigible human on earth I suppose!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:11 AM   #8
matacuero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135I Stage 2 Dinan

Why is he still in business? Either his products are competitive or people simply just don't do their research. Guy shouldn't be in business based on what I've read since I came on this forum several years ago. Is he the anomally that defies standard business and economics principles. I'm missing something here. I normally don't post but stuff doesn't make sense. Does he just have a lot of haters? Is it just a bad rep that creates the initial distrust with customers and then its all downhill from there? Although I wouldn't be a consumer with distrust. I've thought about this for a while. Last, not just his products but if his character is flawed his business should be dying out.
I guess it is a matter of time...
Appreciate 0