BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Bitterm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: White.Coral 135i

Air Conditioning Failure.

I have searched and not found much else about the problems i have been having with my air conditioning. To start with, about 8 months ago I had the entire "evap" replaced. All checked out fine until summer in scorching hot Phoenix came along this year. About a month ago all of the coolant (freon) leaked out from the system. The dealership apparently put a "die" in the system so it was easier to fix if the problem came up again. Well just the other day I began to smell a familiar smell blowing from the A/C followed by warm air. I knew exactly the problem since it had just happened a month before. This time when I went in for service, not only was I promised my car back that day but my service advisor told me that it was not another leak but another failure from the evap and i would have to have the dash ripped apart again. My service tech told me when i had the first one replaced that he had never seen one go out and it was a rare event for it to occur. Here I am several months later with the same exact problem. The first time, and this time my advisor tells me it was a "faulty evap from the factory." Im pretty pissed off about this and living in Phoenix does not help at all. The A/C in a new car shouldn't be dying on me. Any one have similar problems or any thoughts?

No one has Anything?

Last edited by Bitterm3; 10-01-2009 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: none
Appreciate 0