BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #133
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

E46 M3 and M3 CSL had the same heart, so do the 911 turbo and turbo S. As well as WRX and Sti, Garlardo and the Superleggera. And there are many others as well buddy
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #134
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Just out of curiosity... How would you feel about a OEM+ E82M Clone with full aftermarket kit underneath spattered with a few M3 bits where it made sense? Quality coils, arms, bushings, LSD, Properly tuned N54, M rack, etc?
1m or not, it sounds like a good car to me. We all just need to build/buy the car we want.

I personally enjoy building cars. Purchasing a car is a short experience and the honeymoon you experience with a new car lasts for a while, but my build has lasted 3 years and I am still doing a major modification to it coming up. I have learned a tremendous amount about the 1M, 135i, and e9x m3 and have an entirely different experience and relationship with my car vs if I had just purchased it and enjoyed it as is. Throughout my build project many people asked me why i didn't buy a 1m and looking back from where I have taken the car, the truth is, I wouldn't have been happy with just buying a 1m and respecting it. Modding the hell out of a 135i has been the right path for me and insanely enjoyable. While my car is an extreme example, I don't find it any different than someone else who wants to modify their 135i with a 1m kit to a lesser extent.
Appreciate 2