BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Somebody help me - Sapphire Black with Lemon or Beige Interior??

Hi everyone

I'm having a hard time deciding colours for my car 1er. I'm keen to get the 135i convertible in Sapphire Black with either Lemon or Beige interior. I've seen the Lemon in person and I think it looks amazing but I'm concerned as to how hard it is to keep clean. I've spoken to a few lemon interior owners and they've said it's not as hard as everyone says but I'm still a bit unsure.

I personally prefer the lemon because I think it looks alot more sporty but I know that if I were to get beige I would be just as happy. Also my girlfriend says that beige looks too old man (I'm 21) for me so I'm hinting towards the lemon. The only reason I would choose to get beige over lemon is if the lemon is too hard to maintain.

I'm also a daily driver and as for cleaning I'm fairly fussy about keeping my car clean but like anyone I do get lazy at times. I wash my current 3 series (Sapphire Black with black interior) every few weeks or whenever it starts to look dirty and I also give the inside a once over too.

Anyone out there with any advice regarding colour choice or what they would do??
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Go with what you want, it's your car first of all.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what colour anyone gets, if you want it to continue to look good it will take a bit of hard work and elbow grease over time.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

I think I'm happy to get Lemon interior but I just want to know what I'm getting myself into... cleaning wise.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Also agree, don't let other peoples opinions sway your decision, go with what you like best...

While we're talking colours, which beige ?? Savanah or Taupe ??

And as for my opinion, I'd go with Taupe, because I love the way the dash is 2 tone and all the lower trims, console and carpet are lighter coloured as well, this will look outstanding in vert when the tops down for all to see :smile:

If I was to choose for more black trim, I'd go with Savanah, in my eyes it goes extremely well with black, not as light or bright as Lemon :smile:
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I agree with you. The Beige Savanah is really nice because of the light coloured carpet and the colour flows throughout the car. The interior is dominated by light colours and I'm sure this would mean that it is easier to keep clean too.

In my current 3 series I have black leather and black carpet. The leather is very easy to keep clean although having black carpet is frustrating because the dirt is very visible and I always get dry grass inside my car which means I'm constantly vacumming it. So annoying!!!

Although, I imagine beige is easier to keep clean I still think the lemon interior stands out the most. I like the contrast that it has on the doors with lemon/black as opposed to beige all over.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 12:42 AM   #6
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i drove a jet black/lemon convertible during my 1 search...i have to tell you that combo is stunning, and i believe very rare. i've been told by salesmen that you can't even wear jeans with lemon interior because you'll end up with blue stains, but an equal number of salesmen swear that is absolute BS.

one thing is for certain, you will absolutely love the look of black on lemon. the contrast that the two tone interior working with the exterior of the car might even be more striking than the famous coral combo...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 03:52 AM   #7
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Yeah I've heard alot of conflicting stories about the Lemon interior too. I've heard some people complain about jeans staining Lemon leather a fair bit and if that's the case then I really shouldn't be getting it because I wear jeans all the time.

I think I'll have to go into the dealership and see it in person again.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #8
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Coral red on a black vert looks incredible. Check out Zuzu's car.

PS. I would have chosen coral red myself, but I don't think my retinas could have withstood red on red...
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 04:29 AM   #9
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
Coral red on a black vert looks incredible. Check out Zuzu's car.

++1 123D

Having had beige leather previously... never again. Colour transfer on the leather was a real pain. Carpet.. hmmm feet marks/colour transfer made them look crap after a week. I ended up going and buying some black mats and put the originals in the cupboard till i sold the car.

just my two cents worth :wink:
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I would stay clear of Lemon unless you intend to be fanatical about caring for it. That said, it would be by far the classiest combination - until it shows wear and tear on the driver's side.
Wait a minute, if you're from down under you can get Terra (not Terracotta) - you lucky bastard. Stop right there. Terra looks fantastic and is easy to care for - get with the dark poplar btw.

On the other hand if you're worried about hot leather cause you're getting a vert, you might as well do the exhitionist thing right and get coral. There's a number of pics of that combination (BSM Coral Vert) in the gallery (and their owners are here) if you want to find out more.
      08-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
Tradical
Rep
Drives:

BSM with coral red is hard to beat.
Appreciate 0