BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #243
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

UPDATE 8 / 25 / 11

Finally took delivery of the new vehicle this afternoon.

As I pulled up in the original 135i, now dusty, the new 135i sprayed in beautiful space grey was shining brilliantly in the 90 degree southern california sunlight, and I couldn't help but to walk closer as quick as I could once I parked the car. I glanced back once to see the old blown engine 135i and never looked back.

My salesman, who was just incredible through all of this, walked outside and greeted me with keys in hand. No hesitation, just a BMW key and pointed to the car. After I looked through it, I couldn't help but to see the original 135i off in the distance and just how happy I was to be getting a new one, after all of the stress of the situation.

I walked with my salesman into the dealership which had all the paperwork needed, and the entire process was 3 or 4 signatures as well as pages in length. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming as I began to start the paperwork. The ordeal took 52 days total, since the original engine failed, and all of a few minutes of signatures to get me into a factory original running vehicle.

As I was getting ready to head out, with the new 135i sprayed in beautiful space grey, the salesman said to hold on one second, ran into the dealership and grabbed floormats. Which I thought was a nice gesture on his part.

It was a bittersweet experience, this time around, as it was evident what the first buying experience should have been, and highlighted how customer service also should be, especially when it involves a BMW.

As I began to pull out I snagged a quick photo of the old 135i next to the new 135i, as promised, and never looking back. I turned up the HK sound system and in those few minutes of listening to the stereo a bit of the turmoil of the last 50+ seemed to fade away, just for a bit at least.

I immediately headed out south along Pacific Coast Highway, to make a tint appointment I had booked weeks and weeks ago. If you guys are looking for an outstanding tint shop in the southern california area, feel free to PM me. They were beyond top notch, and in all my years have not come across a shop that was as professional as this place was.

After the tint was installed, that little 1addicts.com sticker was finally placed on the vehicle. It was a somewhat final resolution and crowning moment, knowing that after all of this time, that little sticker was finally on MY 1.

Some of things that I did notice, after placing roughly 100 miles in the brand new space grey 135i vehicle. The entire suspension was noticeably sharper with less float, even in the most mild of driving, in comparison to the first 135i. I'm not a mechanic, but I think when they replaced the engine in the 135i, the suspension was also dropped, which could have been another issue that I wasn't even aware of. Everything about this new 135i, in terms of build quality, seems to be better. I'm sure its more psychological, but I would swear it.

I do want everyone to be aware now, of what has been done to this point, and just the facts.

BMW replaced the vehicle with one that had almost all the options that I had wanted, including the HK audio system that my previous one did not. They also covered the difference in MSRP. The dealership gave away free floormats. BMW also reached out again to me today, however I was not able to reply, so that will be handled tomorrow.

Looking back through all my correspondence, I still am shocked to see things take as long as they did, and where the mixup was at. From what it appears, BMWNA did what they were suppose to do, however the management at the dealer level dropped the ball, and left a long time customer scratching his head.

All and all, it has been a very long, stressful ordeal, but I am happy to say that I am now in my 1. I have been waiting for almost 2 months to take this trip up the coast to get some good photos, enjoy Pacific Coast Highway and of course the new 135i. I'll post more of my driving impressions, then again I don't think I really need to share my driving impressions, since you guys have all had yours a bit longer then me.

O, I almost forgot, when is the first 1 car meet?
Attached Images

Last edited by MD Designs; 08-25-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #244
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Well as glad i am you got a replacement, I think its almost silly that all you basically got out of all this shit was floor mats...

Granted you got a new car with no change in cost, blah blah, but regardless, after all that crap, I really wouldnt have been totally satisfied unless I got atleast one performance part installed no cost to me. And im talking $1500 brake kit or suspension kit, not $75 floor mats
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #245
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Well as glad i am you got a replacement, I think its almost silly that all you basically got out of all this shit was floor mats...

Granted you got a new car with no change in cost, blah blah, but regardless, after all that crap, I really wouldnt have been totally satisfied unless I got atleast one performance part installed no cost to me. And im talking $1500 brake kit or suspension kit, not $75 floor mats
Thanks, I am extremely happy to be finally in a factory original 135i. I have not spoken to BMWNA about any compensation at this particular stage. I was just trying to get into a factory original vehicle.

Last edited by MD Designs; 08-26-2011 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #246
aizdaman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Congrats! i'm glad to see you were finally able to get your car and move on from this.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #247
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Cool .... enjoy the ride..
      08-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #248
MPR1
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i / X1 35i

Awesome! Enjoy the new car!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #249
McClane
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 135i Coupe Alpine White

Glad to hear you got a new car. Horrible ordeal. Def try to get some BMW perf parts out of them...HK audio was a good start..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #250
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Designs View Post
Thanks, I am extremely happy to be finally in a factory original 135i. I have not spoken to BMWNA about any compensation at this particular stage. I was just trying to get into a factory original vehicle.
Hey, finally, CONGRATS!

Enjoy your NEW OEM 135i.

I understand why you didn't ratchet up the argument for compensation before getting your new car.
Now that this is settled you can give more time and effort to getting some compensation from BMW.
In the least, they should pay for the monthly payments from the time you picked up the bad one, to now.

Have fun on your trip.
Oh, and give us a drivers report on how your car performs in your view.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #251
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Now, THAT's a happy camper!
      08-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #252
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM

Thanks so much for keeping us posted on all of this.
I'm stoked you got your replacement and hope you enjoy the car for a long time- we all know you deserve to!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #253
sjp3003
Private
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i

Congrats on the new car & being able to motor without any second doubts about your ride. Great to see BMW come through.
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure
2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #254
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Thanks for the all the support guys. Car has just under 500 miles already, and its just fantastic. Couldn't be happier. Mods starting this week!