BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #67
skylightguy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickShift View Post
Sounds like you had an awesome time! Just a couple questions: How much "track" time did you get with a 1-series? And how much freedom to did you get with the exercise? Did you drive any cars other than the 135i and X5? Thanks.
I can answer that question. You will drive a car similar to yours. It will more than likely be an automatic transmission. Unless you are picking up a M3 or Z4M. 1 series cars will be ready for use on the Delivery program next week. Depends on how many people are picking up 1's. If there are more than 2 then you will probably be driving a 335 for at least another week or two. We have to break in our cars the same way and they are just getting mileaged now.

Actual "Track time" will consist of a braking exercise, autocross course and skidpad work from 8:30 till 10:00. You can drive the cars as hard as you like (but have to remain in control). You are NOT allowed to turn off DTC until you get to the skidpad area.

Hope this helps
Ray Helms
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #68
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Hooner,

Thanks for sharing your experience and beautiful photos. Congratulations on 'the one'! How was driving the 335 on the track, was it a 6 spd or auto, and how much different is it than your car?

Your old pal, :smile:
My old pal!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to see you on this forum:thumbup:.

335 was an auto, but I still had a ton of fun. I was shifting 2nd and 3rd a lot, sometimes to 1st! That auto has a beautiful downshifting action. Track manor was pretty nice too. My car is little bit lighter and more raw than 335. I didn't drive my car on the same track, so I can't compare apples to apple. But, lately I've been driving pretty hard:wink:, so I know how my car behaves now.
335 felt more neutral than my car. My car has a mild understeer, but it's not annoying at all because it is very, very predictable, amazingly communicative and car has enough power to induce oversteer in the middle of turn to rotate for exit.

I can go on and on, but anyways, driving the 1 is extremely addictive and I am very happy....

Now, Tom.
New member to the family? ANOTHER 911(996) and Alfa?
PIIIIIIIICS!!!!!!!!!!
Also, how's your Karting been lately?
      06-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #69
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quick question for you. Did you happen to see a stock Alpine White E30 M3 in the Zentrum?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #70
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDriver View Post
Quick question for you. Did you happen to see a stock Alpine White E30 M3 in the Zentrum?
No, but I did see an E30 race car. A stock Alpine White E30 M3 would be a cool car to have now.
      06-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #71
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooner35 View Post
No, but I did see an E30 race car. A stock Alpine White E30 M3 would be a cool car to have now.
:eyebulge: Hmm... that's not good.
Appreciate 0