BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

09-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Disappointed in Breyton GTS-R quality.

Ordered just one wheel from the Tire Rack to see if I would like the look on my AW 128. Really liked it on Crimson Red and LeMans Blue on this board but wasn't sure about White:
- REALLY tight on wheel hub. Almost impossible to get back off, saw tiny metal shavings on my hub after removal.
- It took (11) weights to balance the wheel (see pic). WTF?
- Can't use my BMW wheel locks on these because the lug opening is too tight to fit the key. It's barely big enough for the lug wrench. In the pic I screwed it in by hand.

Can't return the wheel because I mounted a tire on it but still disappointing. Glad I didn't buy all four. I'll be waiting for the Alufelgen CSL wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
Ordered just one wheel from the Tire Rack to see if I would like the look on my AW 128. Really liked it on Crimson Red and LeMans Blue on this board but wasn't sure about White:
- REALLY tight on wheel hub. Almost impossible to get back off, saw tiny metal shavings on my hub after removal.
- It took (11) weights to balance the wheel (see pic). WTF?
- Can't use my BMW wheel locks on these because the lug opening is too tight to fit the key. It's barely big enough for the lug wrench. In the pic I screwed it in by hand.

Can't return the wheel because I mounted a tire on it but still disappointing. Glad I didn't buy all four. I'll be waiting for the Alufelgen CSL wheel.
Ok, let me answer a few of your concerns here. The wheel fitting tight is a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm not sure if you cleaned the hub before installing but that does make it a lot easier to get on and off.
The balancing weights take into account the tire mounted to the wheel. I don't know, from the information provided, if that has more to do with the wheel or the tire.
BMW wheel locks are not meant to fit that wheel. McGard makes another part number for it that I'd be happy to discuss with you at any time.

The wheel can absolutely still be returned if it has not been driven on. Mounting a tire on it does not preclude you from doing this. I'm not sure where you heard this but it's not true.

Folks, I'm only a phone call away to answer any concerns you might have or to help you with things like this.

Gill

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Gill,
You are right I should have called first. I assumed I could not return the wheel after I monted a tire on it. My bad. I will call for a return auth.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

800-981-3783 ext. 360 will put you in contact with customer service.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread