BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Pre Winter road trip

Anyone care to meet up/plan out a road trip before the full Winter hits us? I keep hearing about the Stelvio pass and the Swiss Alps so I'd like to drive them before I put on the winter tires - I'm thinking middle October weekend will be the last opportunity. But I'm willing to go anywhere else that will present some scenery and twisties. Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Would like to but I'm all out of holidays for the year.

Note that the Stelvio Pass is probably closed by now. It is only open June to September.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
Would like to but I'm all out of holidays for the year.

Note that the Stelvio Pass is probably closed by now. It is only open June to September.
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, as I started planning the trip I realized Stelvio is out. I guess schools out for the german kids too so the roads will most likely be in stau. Damn, I really want to drive somewhere though- there's gotta be something going on (festival/concert) somewhere worth driving to.
Appreciate 0