BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaweizen View Post
whats the good word on the TIAL? is it too loud or no ive read really good reviews but some say its a bit loud for their tastes
Mine isn't loud at all and look at the mods I have done. The difference between the TiAL and HKS is night and day, the HKS is really loud.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
crystaweizen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '08 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Mine isn't loud at all and look at the mods I have done. The difference between the TiAL and HKS is night and day, the HKS is really loud.
ok thats good i dont want to sound like a night walking street racer lol. i was going to go Forge diverter valves but i read alot of places that people running these experience boost leaks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ok thats good i dont want to sound like a night walking street racer lol. i was going to go Forge diverter valves but i read alot of places that people running these experience boost leaks
I heard the same. Yea you're not going wrong with the Tial Q. I enjoy mine. My supercharged s2000 had a tial Q. Before it had a HKS something, but wasn't working properly so I switched it out for the tial (bought the kit used). Been using Tial on my forced induction cars since
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
crystaweizen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
I heard the same. Yea you're not going wrong with the Tial Q. I enjoy mine. My supercharged s2000 had a tial Q. Before it had a HKS something, but wasn't working properly so I switched it out for the tial (bought the kit used). Been using Tial on my forced induction cars since
HKS? maybe SSQV? in terms of intercooler how easy was installion on your AA? and did it give you noticeable gains. i dont have an IAT gauge maybe ill get the P3 but i know it should help with IATs and oil temps a little
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
crystaweizen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
this is the intake/ CP setup im running. do i need to get a different styl intake to go with my ER charge pipe or will it fit
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #28
crystaweizen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
HKS? maybe SSQV? in terms of intercooler how easy was installion on your AA? and did it give you noticeable gains. i dont have an IAT gauge maybe ill get the P3 but i know it should help with IATs and oil temps a little
ok well i guess i got a thumbnail version but the picture is in my garage on my profile
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Does the CPE charge pipe / Tial setup clear with Injen cold air intake? Thanks.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
crystaweizen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
Does the CPE charge pipe / Tial setup clear with Injen cold air intake? Thanks.
if that was directed at me ill answer. not sure what brand the charge pipe is but the way its set up now the BOV clears the intakes yes
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
HKS? maybe SSQV? in terms of intercooler how easy was installion on your AA? and did it give you noticeable gains.
Probably what it was. I didn't like it. I didn't install the intercooler, there was some trimming involved with the bumper guard. As for gains, I'm not sure I have yet to dyno it. But it performs better....and is reasonably bigger in size compared to stock

Quote:
this is the intake/ CP setup im running. do i need to get a different styl intake to go with my ER charge pipe or will it fit
It looks like it shouldn't be a problem...but I have never ran the (looks like it's an injen?) intake before. Probably best to contact Mod Bargains and ask them or someone before making the purchase
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
crystaweizen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Probably what it was. I didn't like it. I didn't install the intercooler, there was some trimming involved with the bumper guard. As for gains, I'm not sure I have yet to dyno it. But it performs better....and is reasonably bigger in size compared to stock

It looks like it shouldn't be a problem...but I have never ran the (looks like it's an injen?) intake before. Probably best to contact Mod Bargains and ask them or someone before making the purchase
Yep its an injen. If it doesn't fit I'll sell the injens along with the pipe and BOV and just get a BMS DCI
Appreciate 0