BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #45
remaek
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsmuf View Post
Guys, I'm new to a E82. Just picked up a 08 135

I assume this warranty only goes into effect if the warning lights of "reduced" power comes on... we cant just march in there and say, I have a wastegate rattle, please replace my turbos?

I have the same question as well - do you have to have the warning lights to be covered?

Is it confirmed that the turbos warranty is extended?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #46
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by remaek View Post
I have the same question as well - do you have to have the warning lights to be covered?

Is it confirmed that the turbos warranty is extended?

Here you go...

SIB_010212_June_2012_Turbocharger_Replacement.pdf
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #47
remaek
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Here you go...

Attachment 769186

just called my dealer, that only applies to bmwNA, does not apply to canada? wtf?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #48
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

MY SA In Austin Texas said that once I get all my mods (FBO) that they will push case to BMWNA. I just need to find the time to do that... I wish I knew a mech at BMW that would take some pictures of a stock 135i and my turbos and pass it up lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #49
grindhardtoshinehard
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93 (07 convertible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanE82 View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know!..

Ive been fighting BMW for like 6 months now to replace my turbos from the horrible wastegate rattle. I had it in one shop for 3 weeks actually and they replaced the actuators and still was rattling away and they told me I was SOL and that I needed new turbos. So then I was left with my car still showing me reduced power light every day. So I sent an email over to the service manager at my regular dealership that had denied me several times showing them about 20 pictures of the lights on the dash. He told me to come on in and he'd get me on a test ride with the shop foreman. So I head over, and he was able to get in the car with me and produce the light that I always get.

He told me that I'd have to pay the $135 diagnostic fee but if the issue was covered they wouldnt charge me for it. So I left.. The shop mechanic texted me the next day and said "we found some loose hoses on the intake side of your car. Has anybody else worked on your car since us in April?" I said yes, I took it to Braman and they had it for 3 weeks but ensured that only BMW had been under my hood ever. So I get a call from them later in the day. The shop foreman, my service adviser, and the service manager all on speakerphone. The manager was speaking and he told me that the intake hoses were causing the reduced power light and the engine misfires. Then went on to ask me about the wastegates. He asked what Braman did because "if they replaced the actuators and adjusted them correctly, they wouldnt be clapping any more" I said I really dont know, they told me they did but never produced any paperwork to prove it. So he sent me off to get a copy of my paperwork and email it to him.

FINALLY (after the worst experience ever with a receptionist) got a hold of someone who emailed my paperwork to me. I couldnt tell what it meant; It said no help given, but had the part numbers of the "replaced" wastegates there. So I forwarded it to the manager and my SA. Then I got an email from the Manager. He said he didnt understand what the paper said and had a call in with someone from Braman so he would keep in touch.

Fast forward a few hours, I just got a call from the shop foreman and he said this.. " Heres the bottom line, you need new turbos. If you want them now, youll have to pay for them. But I suggest waiting because BMW will replace them soon" He said that the ever so elusive Wastegate lawsuit warranty was actually put in action then taken down for re-negotiation and when it gets put back into action that Ill be able to get them replaced for free.

So he said when it happens Ill get something in the mail stating the recall/warranty. I told him that I actually never got the first piece of mail, so can he just put me on a list and let me know when that happens. He said I will definitely get the mail, but just in case he would check the computer and make sure it has my address.. Here's where it gets interesting.

He says, "yes your in the paperwork, but listen to this! As of 7/25/2012, the Turbos will be covered to 8 years, xx,xxx miles as a result of wastegate malfunction....... Adam, Looks like your getting new turbos! Well call you when its done!"

So! To all of you with rattling issues, GO TO THE DEALER NOW! Just in case it gets taken down for re-negotiation again!

Good luck!

which dealer???? I was just at vista in coconut creek and they basically told me they couldn't reproduce the problem.. loong story short, i have a video of the rattle, video of intermittent smoke from exhaust, and my 335i e93 was built 08/2007.... time is running out.. please let me know what you had to do.. I spoke to bmw na and after convincing the initial person (via having her listen to the noise while idling and talking to her like an adult), i was basically told that bmw na has the ability to speak with the dealer and regional manager on my behalf, and presumably on my side, but nothing more. I was told it is totally the dealers desecration. I find this really hard to believe, because as a Honda tech, I was replacing odyssey transmissions with upwards of 200k, far out of warranty because Honda likes it's rep.

Please give me the best instruction you have on this, as I felt as if I played it out as best I could, in the most non threatening manor possible, and now am about to resort to shopping service centers until i find a pushover. Thank you for any information you may provide.
Appreciate 0