BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
gabsean
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Berk street axle back

Installed berk street on my '08 vert yesterday and after reading some posts and getting an email back from berk put a couple spacers to drop stabilizer bars down about 1/2" for pipe to clear
Took her for a spin and was pleasantly surprised with sound
Definite increase in loudness but seems to calm down nicely when just cruising
Unfortunately on the way home from my sons ball game yesterday we had some vibration from under car
Put it back up on ramps and it's not hitting the cross member, but rather the semi round piece at the center of car where both meet
It looks as though I can trim the metal to the contour of the berk with a saws all and neaten up with a dremel tool to git rid of this annoying vibration because it looks like the tail pipes are dead center of the hole in rear where they leave back of car
Anybody experience this issue and have a fix without cutting any metal?
Other then this hiccup my son and took stock off and berk on in about a half an hour and it's perfect if you want a little more volume
Haven't had the wife in the car yet but it's just a weekend car
She will have to get over it
Also, anyone see the hp or torque claims that berk makes?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I have the Berk mids and also have a vibration under my car. At first it was hitting the cross member, fixed that, now it's vibrating on the heat shield I think. Sounds like a tin can rattle
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
gabsean
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

I added spacers at the larger 18mm bolt in the center of the rear support and there is no more vibration
You may want to try this
It is maybe 3/4" away now, just enough for when the exhaust gets hot and may expand a bit
Now I feel very good about making a change from stock
Just gives a lower, louder tone that really is not too loud other then when you first start the car or really get on it
Appreciate 0