BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Last Service before 4/50K

Just had what is going to probably be my last free service with BMW. My car currently has 44,444 miles on it and the 4 years ends on July 14th of this year. I should hit the 50K mile mark around the same time.

The car @ 41K Miles had the spark plugs, oil, and filters changed. I bought the car with 42K miles on the clock as a 3 year trade in car from a lease. It has already had the HPFP and SA completed exactly a year ago (It is an 08' model).

I went into the dealer "complaining" that I had a lot of noise comping from my turbo/wastegate area and wanted them to check it out. I know the service manager / shop foreman and they are really great people to work with. They kept the car overnight and wanted to inspect it while it was cold. The shop foreman personally performed all the test and could not find a single thing wrong with the turbos and they were readin well within factory new spec. He actually thought they were either new, or the car had all "highway" miles because they looked as if they were not in boost their entire life. (Probably explains the large amount of rock chips in the front and little wear inside the car, too...

So in an effort to get free turbos before the warranty expired is out the window. I am hoping that it is a good thing that they didnt seem to find anything wrong with it.

I did manage to get a few other things covered with out any resistance. It was done free of charge and they wnet along with it without any issues.

Replaced the pedal assembly - sticking about half way down giving it gas. had to be overnighted from germany. none in the states

Replaced the sunroof seal - looked like the seal had a little dry-rot and was leak free but the replaced it anyhow "in-case". I live in Florida and dont need a leaky sunroof...

Replaced windshield wipers

Replaced Front and rear brakes, sensors, and drilled and slotted front rotors.

Replaced and flushed the Brake fluid.

Replaced the "M" Steering wheel cover - Had the notorious paint issues around the radio buttons and they put a new one one for free

I think that is it. They said if I had to pay for all of that it would have exceeded 2500 dollars. I am considering getting the extended maint plan but since the turbos are good and everything else was just replaced what do you all think I should do here?

Car was stock when I brought it in and now has BMS DCI and COBB AP and thats it.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
1911A145
Captain
Rep

Any input on what I should do? Any other maint. items I should have looked at before the end of warranty? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Dont waste your money on the extended maintenance. Manifold and valve cleaning re carbon build up is always a consideration heading out of warranty. That said, assuming you dont have any issue at higher RPMs and/or rough idle it would be difficult to convince them to provide this service.

Glad to hear your turbos are good to go.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
1911A145
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
Dont waste your money on the extended maintenance. Manifold and valve cleaning re carbon build up is always a consideration heading out of warranty. That said, assuming you dont have any issue at higher RPMs and/or rough idle it would be difficult to convince them to provide this service.

Glad to hear your turbos are good to go.
I have an auto so its hard to notice anything up top. The car idles fine and when I mentioned the valve cleaning to the shop foreman he said he hooked up the diag tool and the car idles and runs like new and feels it is too early to do any type of valve cleaning at this time. When I asked how much it would be he said he wouldnt do it anyhow becuase he dosnt want to "take my money knowing the car runs fine".

I asked how much it would be to just stick the scope in there and take a look at how bad it is and the service advisor told me he would find out for me and call me back.
Appreciate 0