BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Berk guarantees their work against defects etc etc etc...a shop making pipes on order will probably not (hence the $300 + price difference)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #24
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhiz View Post
Since you're just replacing the muffler with a straight pipe, is there any significant advantage to going with one of the specifically manufactured ones (Berk for example) as opposed to just hacking the muffler off? I've always liked the sound of the deletes but I'm with JamJay, if it can be done for so little by a muffler shop, it seems like a no-brainer.
As far as I can tell, if you just do a muffler delete then there's no need to hack the rear muffler off, you can have a pipe fab'd up to connect from the flange of the centre-muffler on the stock mids. Am I right?

Like you say, $100 vs $400 then no brainer . The other problem for me is that I'm in the UK so I have to factor in import duty & also our cr@ppy 20% tax which will make the Berk Muffler Delete the equivalent of $612...hmmm
I'd have to ask Berk or whoever to ship the item and state that it's worth less than it is but then if it's damaged in transit I'm not covered.

That said, I'm considering a DP back Berk Street exhaust, the sound seems worth paying for but then again, could I not have an almost identical system fab'd up here by a custom shop. This is where the UK and BMW tuning suck, we have like two tuners and that's it, some great parts from Germany across the water but they're still expensive.

Have Berk sorted out that whistle sound yet? I'm not talking about the Fench horn on the V1, I guess that's been gone a while?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #25
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhiz View Post
Since you're just replacing the muffler with a straight pipe, is there any significant advantage to going with one of the specifically manufactured ones (Berk for example) as opposed to just hacking the muffler off? I've always liked the sound of the deletes but I'm with JamJay, if it can be done for so little by a muffler shop, it seems like a no-brainer.
As far as I can tell, if you just do a muffler delete then there's no need to hack the rear muffler off, you can have a pipe fab'd up to connect from the flange of the centre-muffler on the stock mids. Am I right?

Like you say, $100 vs $400 then no brainer . The other problem for me is that I'm in the UK so I have to factor in import duty & also our cr@ppy 20% tax which will make the Berk Muffler Delete the equivalent of $612...hmmm
I'd have to ask Berk or whoever to ship the item and state that it's worth less than it is but then if it's damaged in transit I'm not covered.

That said, I'm considering a DP back Berk Street exhaust, the sound seems worth paying for but then again, could I not have an almost identical system fab'd up here by a custom shop. This is where the UK and BMW tuning suck, we have like two tuners and that's it, some great parts from Germany across the water but they're still expensive.

Have Berk sorted out that whistle sound yet? I'm not talking about the Fench horn on the V1, I guess that's been gone a while?
I am INSANELY happy with my Berk axel back race exhaust w r/md....been driving around for the past two days with the stupidest grin on my face, making sure I drive through every tunnel possible...it is bonkers

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #26
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

so is it just this muffler u a taking away? is is just to weld a new pipe and its done?

or do u take the first one to?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #27
SOL3MATiiCKK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11" SG 135i M

[QUOTE=berne;15935227]

so is it just this muffler u a taking away? is is just to weld a new pipe and its done?

or do u take the first one to?[/QUOTE

I have the custom muffler delete on my car that Basheezy previously had on his car its just removing the stock muffler and having a new pipe/tips installed. The custom muffler delete that I had got from his sounds perfect with no drone.
      05-11-2014, 04:42 AM   #28
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

[QUOTE=SOL3MATiiCKK;15937473]
Quote:
Originally Posted by berne View Post

or do u take the first one to?[/QUOTE

I have the custom muffler delete on my car that Basheezy previously had on his car its just removing the stock muffler and having a new pipe/tips installed. The custom muffler delete that I had got from his sounds perfect with no drone.

is it just the last muffler that is deleted on u car? any pic?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #29
SOL3MATiiCKK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11" SG 135i M

[QUOTE=berne;15937823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL3MATiiCKK View Post

is it just the last muffler that is deleted on u car? any pic?
Its just the rear section removed i bought an exhaust flange and had them weld the muffler delete onto it. Its the same exact exhaust thats posted on the first page where basheezy has a video of it.