BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
natetgreat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 Trans Am

135i left me speechless

:thumbup:just came back from test driving the 135i at Moritz bmw and all i can say is WOW:biggrin:. they had a black saphire with coral red interior, ive been wanting to see this car for a long time know and wanted to drive it to feel that twin turbo engine. when i saw the car i have admit i does look some what small and i got worried me being 6' 5 i thought man their goes my dream of buying this car but when i sat in the car i was stunned a had plenty of leg room and head room, but i doubt that any one is going to set behind me :wink:. the sales men said " ok lets take her for a spin" and im not going to lie i almost shed a tier, so being a 1addict i took him up for the offer. man the car is a best it really is it was begging, taunting me to give more, the handling of the car is awsome. but all great things most come to an end and i had go back to the dealership and give the keys back. I told that the sales men that bmw made a bad ass car and he laughted and told me i should drive the m3. but i didnt cuz i had to go back to work. to sum up i was left speachless thats all, and to let yall know that that 135i WILL BE MY NEXT CAR
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
ersatzS2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Ruined your spelling and grammer skills too!
      03-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
TazioNYC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

HA!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
natetgreat
Private
Rep

yup, proud of it :wink:
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
LazyT
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatzS2 View Post
Ruined your spelling and grammer skills too!
Readin' and writin' ain't too important in TX.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Trying to read that made my head hurt.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Glad you got a chance behind the wheel, Nate. Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts. Hopefully, I'll get a chance this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
Trying to read that made my head hurt.
You're head hurts too easily. You should see a doctor.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge350 View Post
Glad you got a chance behind the wheel, Nate. Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts. Hopefully, I'll get a chance this weekend.

You're head hurts too easily. You should see a doctor.
The lack of capitalization and proper grammar will do that.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Nutkins
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Give the guy a break he's only trying to share the joy - Thanks for the write up Nate :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
natetgreat
Private
Rep

I apologize for the bad grammer, im sorry
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
natetgreat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutkins View Post
Give the guy a break he's only trying to share the joy - Thanks for the write up Nate :thumbup:
thanks for standing up for me
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
yelldaymo
Registered
Rep
Drives:

i just saw the one today and it didn't really impress me. i thought i was going to be like "wow this is a great car" but the car just looks like a cheaper version of a 3. also the salesman said that they just cut the production so we might not see much of it. but thats just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Nutkins
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelldaymo View Post
i just saw the one today and it didn't really impress me. i thought i was going to be like "wow this is a great car" but the car just looks like a cheaper version of a 3. also the salesman said that they just cut the production so we might not see much of it. but thats just my opinion
Looks are subjective and I think it's fair to say this car is all about the drive. I'm far from sold on the looks but for the performance and thrills you're getting + the fact the inside is a nice place to be, I think this is car is a legend in the making :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #14
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
The lack of capitalization and proper grammar will do that.
but since you are so great are grammar you shouldnt have a problem proofreading anything
all hail King Grammar
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #15
boostin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelldaymo View Post
I'm willing to bet that the salesman was just saying that because he wanted to make it seem like its a limited production or something. I think the 135i will do very well (also, just an opinion). Plus, the cars just hit US showrooms so how would they already be cutting back production? The only ones that have been ordered are by people who don't need to see the car first, which makes up a small percentage of the customers. Now is when the real numbers start coming in because people can test drive them and see them in person.

-Chris
MY00 S2000 #8712
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #16
natetgreat
Private
Rep

The car has tons of potential.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #17
Robinc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Just got done driving the same 135i at Mortiz. All I can say is Wow! First time seeing the car in person and I was very impressed. It actually didn't look quite as small as I thought It was going to. Nice proportions with a very muscular-aggresive stance. The wheels and BMW molded calipers are beautiful, just adds another sporty dimension to the car. Love the look of the exhaust tips as well, the black chrome finish is something that you have to see in person, they also look alot fatter in person. The trunk is huge for a car that small, makes the trunk in my G look like a glove box. The interior is top notch as well, this is gonna be my first BMW, and i am very impressed with the simplicity and quality of materials used in the interior. The M badged steering wheel is awesome! Nice and fat, has a good racey feel to it. Love how the sports seats feel, keep you in place when the driving gets a little spirited.

As far as driving the car goes, it's just like everybody else has already said, awesome!!! Very smooth power delivery, no turbo lag, torque down low is phenominal, this car hauls ass! The exhuast note sounds good too, nice and sporty without being droney. Didn't get agressive enough to notice the understeer that some have talked about. The overall feel is very solid. Thank You BMW. A few more days and mine should be here:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #18
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

I was yapping at the CA on a test drive today - on one of the local ring roads. Just talking and keeping my eyes straight ahead, glanced down at the speedo - YIKES. This is going to be a FUN car.

Told that story to She Who Must Be Obeyed, got the ol' ; -)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #19
yelldaymo
Registered
Rep
Drives:

i think ill be getting a 335i coupe over the 135i but plus i just dont want to go through the ordering and waiting process
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
redwood
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1999 BMW 328i

Classic BMW has their demo cars in for the 1 series coupe & convertible (Black 135i, Sedona Red 128i, and silver 128i convertible). Unfortunately the only car that was not on the showroom floor was the 128i, so that's what I got to drive. I did sit in the 135i and drooled through the window of a holding area at a customer's Montego Blue 135i (that's that car/color I want). So anyway, headroom is tight. As the measurements suggested, about the same as an E36 M3, which means fitting with a helmet would be very tight since my head is just barely not touching. Legroom was way more than enough (see photo) and I even scooted the seat forward a little to get comfortable.

The interior is nice, like a 3 series, but smaller. Seats are snug, but not too snug. The 128 (automatic) had surprisingly spry accleration, feeling better than my 328i (not surprising with more power and similar weight). Handling was not razor sharp, but was very impressive, especially since this was a non-sport package car. I didn't get to really flog on it though with the sales guy around.

The 135i definitely looks better in person, less awkward in the front. The trunk was a little smaller than expected, but not small. I didn't get very good angles on the pics and the cars outside were poorly lit from the sun. They also had an M3 coupe and M3 sedan (with a sold sign on it). *drool*

http://redwood.smugmug.com/gallery/4547582_Fxsx7
Appreciate 0