BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
BonanzaDriver
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 135 convertible

Pre-wired for Siruis Sat issue

Hi, I have a 2011 135i convertible that is pre-wired for Sirius, I am wondering if there is someone in the Bay Area (San Jose) that can move the fiber optics out of the block rather than the dealer. I read somewhere on this forum of a company in the LA area, but wondering if someone else is more local. Dealer wants over 800.00 to do this.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonanzaDriver View Post
Hi, I have a 2011 135i convertible that is pre-wired for Sirius, I am wondering if there is someone in the Bay Area (San Jose) that can move the fiber optics out of the block rather than the dealer. I read somewhere on this forum of a company in the LA area, but wondering if someone else is more local. Dealer wants over 800.00 to do this.
Ya, the dealer will rip you off for this. You can always go with a company like bimmer-tech which a lot of us have used and they can remotely code on your Sirius for about $300-350, not sure what the current price is with exchange rates and such. I had them do mine if you can't find a local company that codes. Check out their website though as they have some local installers that might be in your area as well.

It's literally just a few minute procedure of unlocking it from your menu screen and flipping the switch to on.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
BonanzaDriver
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 135 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ya, the dealer will rip you off for this. You can always go with a company like bimmer-tech which a lot of us have used and they can remotely code on your Sirius for about $300-350, not sure what the current price is with exchange rates and such. I had them do mine if you can't find a local company that codes. Check out their website though as they have some local installers that might be in your area as well.

It's literally just a few minute procedure of unlocking it from your menu screen and flipping the switch to on.
I thought from reading that there was a physical optical cable that had to me moved in some block?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonanzaDriver View Post
I thought from reading that there was a physical optical cable that had to me moved in some block?
Actually, hang on, as it may be different for convertibles. Hmm, guess it is as they are requiring an additional antenna it seems. Did not know that.

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...radio-retrofit
Appreciate 0