BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #67
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
From my past experiences with your posts, I try to ignore anything you might say!

Oh my feelings are soooo hurt....I get it. When someone throws the BMW doctrine back in your face about maintenance, you go butt hurt and ignore the very same things you claim to be gospel.

Oh and I guess your failing to keep from responding to my post as in your words "I try to ignore anything you might say!" can be added to your lack of reading/visual comprehension.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #68
Ronin135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i, 6MT, M trim

Garage List
Thanks cozmicf for the excellent video !
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      03-25-2017, 01:55 PM   #69
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post

Oh my feelings are soooo hurt....I get it. When someone throws the BMW doctrine back in your face about maintenance, you go butt hurt and ignore the very same things you claim to be gospel.

Oh and I guess your failing to keep from responding to my post as in your words "I try to ignore anything you might say!" can be added to your lack of reading/visual comprehension.
No the reason is I consider you a total dick who doesn't have a life.

Why anyone would want to go through all this effort over some lousy spark plugs is hard to understand. I figure you are severely retarded from your vacuous comments.

Get a life. Perhaps switch to reading a book once in a while instead of your comic book collection. Oh, and don't bother me.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #70
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1

Just did these DIY's this past week. Changed oil, plugs and coils. Pretty easy to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #71
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
Just did these DIY's this past week. Changed oil, plugs and coils. Pretty easy to do.
How many miles on your coils? Did you consider changing the plug wires?

Peace... Mack
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:12 PM   #72
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
Quote:

Peace... Mack
You don't change "plug wires" on any modern cars that I can think of. The connectors and wires are part of the engine wiring harness and never need replacement unless you damage them.
      03-27-2017, 09:04 PM   #73
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
No the reason is I consider you a total dick who doesn't have a life.

Why anyone would want to go through all this effort over some lousy spark plugs is hard to understand. I figure you are severely retarded from your vacuous comments.

Get a life. Perhaps switch to reading a book once in a while instead of your comic book collection. Oh, and don't bother me.

Is that the best you can come up with for waiting on 19 days to reply back? You seem pretty obsessed with someone you pretend to ignore.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #74
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post

Peace... Mack
I think there were 30k miles on the original Bosch coils. Just got the car and decided to do some preventive maintenance. Don't need to change the plug wires.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #75
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Coils aren't really something to do preventatively. At 30K? They're practically new.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      03-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #76
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Coils aren't really something to do preventatively. At 30K? They're practically new.
I changed the OEM Bosch to Eldors. I think that is preventive maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #77
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I changed the OEM Bosch to Eldors. I think that is preventive maintenance.
Why do you say that? Unless one is defective, coils don't start being suspect until after 100K.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 07:27 PM   #78
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep

Talking God smiles on you little fellow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post

Is that the best you can come up with for waiting on 19 days to reply back? You seem pretty obsessed with someone you pretend to ignore.
You are lucky to even have received a response from me. I'm been very busy negotiating big deals. I finally sold a 300 SL Gullwing for an incredible amount of money which I had initially thought was impossible to get!

Now I can finally look forward to retirement!

Woohoohoo!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #79
jlc45
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i 6MT

Crazy German engineering. I believe the German approach is to make everything as complicated as possible. If you compare maintenance tasks on a "Japanese" vehicle to similar tasks on a BMW, you will probably agree. The Japanese seem to take the more elegant approach. I can change the plugs on my V6 3.5L Acura TL in ten minutes. (Also a very sweet running engine.) I once took out the transmission and clutch on a Plymouth Sapporro (made in Japan) in 10 minutes. (On a hoist, I admit! And RWD.)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #80
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep

Unhappy Those nutty Germans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc45 View Post
Crazy German engineering. I believe the German approach is to make everything as complicated as possible. If you compare maintenance tasks on a "Japanese" vehicle to similar tasks on a BMW, you will probably agree. The Japanese seem to take the more elegant approach. I can change the plugs on my V6 3.5L Acura TL in ten minutes. (Also a very sweet running engine.) I once took out the transmission and clutch on a Plymouth Sapporro (made in Japan) in 10 minutes. (On a hoist, I admit! And RWD.)
I've been dealing with German cars for decades. The German see themselves as master mechanics who carefully disassemble whatever thing they are working on and lay the parts out on a white sheet of paper. They also wear white uniforms in a germ free sanitary environment!

They are obsessed with maintenance insisting that it be done on a very strict schedule. They'd like to give their American owners a severe flogging for not adhering to it.

German vehicle do have some admirable qualities compared to other countries. BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes have excellent coach work. I have cars decades old without a squeak or rattle.

The Germans are also very brilliant engineers due to their excellent technical universities. The mechanical systems of engines and drive trains used in their vehicles are very sophisticated and complex demonstrating their engineering prowess.

But they fall short in areas that the Japanese exceed at. Things happen that never happen in Jap cars or even American cars. Someone on the forum mentioned they were having problems with the second gear synchronizer. In 1970 when I finished my doctorate, I rewarded myself with a 2002! Guess what I had trouble with?

Oil leaks, mechanical problems, electronic or electrical disaster can often be traced to poor quality control and shoddy parts. Some of these things would be a little easier to swallow if it weren't for the lofty price of these cars. What would be inexpensive repairs on other cars, often have frightening prices on German rides.

These cars frustrate owners in other ways. For example, repairing the leak on my DCT involved a $5 gasket but 10 hours of labor. Nearly all manufacturers, except the Germans, today build engines, transmissions, and 3rd members that don't leak oil.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #81
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
I've been dealing with German cars for decades. The German see themselves as master mechanics who carefully disassemble whatever thing they are working on and lay the parts out on a white sheet of paper. They also wear white uniforms in a germ free sanitary environment!

They are obsessed with maintenance insisting that it be done on a very strict schedule. They'd like to give their American owners a severe flogging for not adhering to it.

German vehicle do have some admirable qualities compared to other countries. BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes have excellent coach work. I have cars decades old without a squeak or rattle.

The Germans are also very brilliant engineers due to their excellent technical universities. The mechanical systems of engines and drive trains used in their vehicles are very sophisticated and complex demonstrating their engineering prowess.

But they fall short in areas that the Japanese exceed at. Things happen that never happen in Jap cars or even American cars. Someone on the forum mentioned they were having problems with the second gear synchronizer. In 1970 when I finished my doctorate, I rewarded myself with a 2002! Guess what I had trouble with?

Oil leaks, mechanical problems, electronic or electrical disaster can often be traced to poor quality control and shoddy parts. Some of these things would be a little easier to swallow if it weren't for the lofty price of these cars. What would be inexpensive repairs on other cars, often have frightening prices on German rides.

These cars frustrate owners in other ways. For example, repairing the leak on my DCT involved a $5 gasket but 10 hours of labor. Nearly all manufacturers, except the Germans, today build engines, transmissions, and 3rd members that don't leak oil.
Don't kid yourself, all cars are crap.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 08:56 AM   #82
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The Germans couldn't design an oil seal to save their lives. Seriously. It's kind of pathetic actually. My '13 128i with 36K miles on it has an oil leak either from the rear pan or rear main seal. WTF! At least it's under warranty...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #83
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Don't kid yourself, all cars are crap.

You have a crappy attitude and should only drive a Schwinn which would be commensurate with your intelligence level.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #84
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
You have a crappy attitude and should only drive a Schwinn which would be commensurate with your intelligence level.
Nah, I just work on these things for a living. All cars have issues, does not matter where or by who it is built.
Appreciate 0